Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sorex 28R , 32R tyre

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Questions?? sorex 28R , 32R tyre

hi i have some sorex 28R and 32R tyres and my first pack of 28 when i tried it it didnt have that much grip . I use lrp aditive and every time i accelerate it makes a funny noise like if two gears didnt mesch propelly . Everything does mesh propelly i know because i cheked many times , and i really think its the tyre because as i said it makes a funny noise and not only that but when i go very fast and i try to turn trought chicanes , i steer just a bit and the car spins but when i see the people at my local track it works fine for them and i have asked them what was my probleme they didnt know what was wrong .
And also i dont true them with a tyre truer when i open the pack , there is always a small line in the center that means the rubber is new thats normall should i by a tyre truer to true them , and will it solve my probleme .
Thanks for letting me know.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Its not necessary to true them. If you are running outside they will like remove the ridge in a couple laps. Have you tried a different set of tires with positive results? It certainly doesnt sound like the tires are the problem.

If it spins easily then it sounds like something like the diff screw might be broken or you are running 3 wheel drive (one of the cvd's has broken). Is a CVD pin coming out and rubbing on the hub?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check your diffs. I have had a problem where my car would make a screeching noise and I thought it was a belt. Turned out my rear diff was getting loose. That might be something for you to try.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

i will try to tighten the diff but how do you tighten it , very tight or just at the limit between the noise and very tight ?
Yes but once the noise probleme is gone why does the car spins , it doesnt spin like a tornado but the rear end gets loose and i lose controle of the rear but as i can see at my local track when they go trought chicane there car is very direct and very fast and they dont lose control ?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

You should tighten it so it will not slip if you hold both wheels and try to turn the pulley. Were you having the spinning problem before you had the noise problem? If not, the tightening the diff should fix it.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

nope i hade the noise probleme first and then the spining probleme.
I aprecciate your help thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

i forgot to ask this how many runs can the tyre last long . when people say around 10 run does it mean 10 races of 5 minutes?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

and nothing about tyres i have a ho bodies cyclone moor speed with a spool and when i corner i would like to corner faster whatcan i improve for it to corner faster
Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When you put on the lrp additive, be sure to just use it on the inside tread of the front tires, and the whole tread of the rear tires. That should help with the spinning out if it's related to the traction compound.

Last edited by BobbyS; 07-23-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
nope i hade the noise probleme first and then the spining probleme.
I aprecciate your help thanks
I would look into the rear diff, that sounds like the problem to me. Almost exactly what mine was doing.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

# of runs depends on a lot of things. Smoothness of the track, smoothness of your driving, heat of the track, complexity of the track, your setup, what speed motor you are running, etc, etc. Ive found sorex tires to not last as long as other tires in less then ideal conditions. It sounds to me like you are just getting started and aren't the fastest guy. In that case I would run them until they wear through. You wont be the fastest but you likely aren't even with new tires (no offense, 90% of us fall into that category).

It sounds like you need to work on the setup of your car. If someone else's car is easy to drive and yours isnt then its likely your setup. You might have too much steering which is whipping the end of your car around. Find one of the helpful fast guys at your track and they should be able to watch you drive and suggest changes that will help.