Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy pullstart woes..

Does anyone know if the RB .28 pullstart is the same as the novarossi/Top .28 pullstart?
Old 12-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

I'm having a very strange problem.I'm running an NSR12s5 powered G4.Everytime I pitted in ,about 5 to 10 seconds the engine would quit.Meaning once the fuel tank is open engine would quit shortly.After restarting it would run no problem till next refuel.It was costing me the race but I still managed 2nd place despite flaming out 5 times due to refueling. Some says to shorten the pressure tubing (which is about 5inch) but I'm not really convince.Please help.Thanks
Old 12-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

do you keep reving even when your refueling???
Old 12-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TRAJ
do you keep reving even when your refueling???
Yup I did in short burst.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

umm i think your idle needs to be raised abit

OR this is probably what it is, have you tried another glow plug to see if thats the problem?
Old 12-19-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a M8 transmitter and just hit the bump up feature while I'm pitting. Raises the idle just like when starting it.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Have you check your endplay or other clutch setting?
Sometimes the centax spring nut is loosened and that will cause the engine won't idle...
Old 12-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Plug is new and it's not idling problem.It's just that once the tank is opened then it would quit shortly.After restart then it'll be ok till the tank is opened again.I might check the clutch though but I doubt it's the cause.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Zizu
I'm having a very strange problem.I'm running an NSR12s5 powered G4.Everytime I pitted in ,about 5 to 10 seconds LATER the engine would quit.Meaning once the fuel tank is open engine would quit shortly.After restarting it would run no problem till next refuel.It was costing me the race but I still managed 2nd place despite flaming out 5 times due to refueling. Some says to shorten the pressure tubing (which is about 5inch) but I'm not really convince.Please help.Thanks
Sori.This is what I should have wrote.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Plug is new and it's not idling problem.It's just that once the tank is opened then it would quit shortly.After restart then it'll be ok till the tank is opened again.I might check the clutch though but I doubt it's the cause.
your bottom end needle might be too lean, under presure you just barely have enough fuel to pass through, but once the lid is open you are loosing alot of pressure so not enough fuel going through!
Old 12-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Ah10
your bottom end needle might be too lean, under presure you just barely have enough fuel to pass through, but once the lid is open you are loosing alot of pressure so not enough fuel going through!
Sounds logical to me.I'll try to retune the engine again.

Daniz.You drive the G4 don't you??Is this by any way indication of the supposed faulty fuel tank?Could this be the problem?

Thanks a lot guys
Old 12-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Daniz.You drive the G4 don't you??Is this by any way indication of the supposed faulty fuel tank?Could this be the problem?

Thanks a lot guys
Try pinching the fuel line when it is idle, if the idle rise up instantly then most likely your bottom end needle is too lean, it should be like a couple of seconds then start rising.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks a lot guys
From what I ever found on some G4 tank, there is some plastic flashing on the neeple.
Just take out the neeple, clean the tank and inspect throughly area near neeple. Thats could be the case.
If not helps, Ah10 explanation is mostly the case
Old 12-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by GoldFinger
From what I ever found on some G4 tank, there is some plastic flashing on the neeple.
Just take out the neeple, clean the tank and inspect throughly area near neeple. Thats could be the case.
If not helps, Ah10 explanation is mostly the case
Thanks GoldFinger I'll do just that
Old 12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Maybe. I've also experienced this about 2 or 3 months ago, and I directly switch the engine and the problem is also gone. So I don't suspect the fuel tank that moment, but in your case maybe it's different. Please let us know after you fixed the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.