Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Tuned Flex Vs. RTR chassis

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Losi Tuned Flex Vs. RTR chassis

Has anyone ran both the Tuned flex chassis and Losi's RTR chassis on an 8ight 2.0? can you tell a big difference...like $90 worth or a difference? Does the Tuned Flex Chassis last longer?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

i ran one one my 1.0 and was worth every penny only paid 60 u will tell major diffrence from the rtr slab of metal chassie get it
Old 09-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To me its not worth it. I have an rtr chassis on my buggy and a race tuned one on my truggy, and imo its just not worth the money. You can find them for $40-50 on ebay if you keep an eye out. Even at $40-50 i don't think its really worth the money.

I'm running a rtr buggy with a few upgrades and i can keep up with the ones running race rollers at the local track. Its more about driving then who's got the best parts. Just spend the extra money on fuel and practice. $50-90 worth of fuel and practice will get you much further than throwing a new chassis on your rig, that i can promise.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jwm2
To me its not worth it. I have an rtr chassis on my buggy and a race tuned one on my truggy, and imo its just not worth the money. You can find them for $40-50 on ebay if you keep an eye out. Even at $40-50 i don't think its really worth the money.

I'm running a rtr buggy with a few upgrades and i can keep up with the ones running race rollers at the local track. Its more about driving then who's got the best parts. Just spend the extra money on fuel and practice. $50-90 worth of fuel and practice will get you much further than throwing a new chassis on your rig, that i can promise.

so your saying the 1.0 t tft flex chassis isnt worth it i just got my for $45 brand new . it says it gives you more traction, and better handling and maybe less twichy espially when the track is ruff like my track is.

i havent ran my yet.

i did have my roller 1.0 t chassis that i was running.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I feel that it helps cornering a lot. You can come in a lot hotter than with the rtr chassis and I've noticed it stays more planted over bumps and such.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
I feel that it helps cornering a lot. You can come in a lot hotter than with the rtr chassis and I've noticed it stays more planted over bumps and such.
+1
Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
so your saying the 1.0 t tft flex chassis isnt worth it i just got my for $45 brand new . it says it gives you more traction, and better handling and maybe less twichy espially when the track is ruff like my track is.

i havent ran my yet.

i did have my roller 1.0 t chassis that i was running.
I'm saying for anyone new to rc racing that the money is better spent on fuel and practice. If you guys feel a different piece of aluminum will make you a better racer than by all means knock yourselves out. I've seen bad drivers blame equipment all to often, when its their fault, not the machines.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t
i ran one one my 1.0 and was worth every penny only paid 60 u will tell major diffrence from the rtr slab of metal chassie get it

well i just got a 1.0 t tft flex chassis for $45 brand new i was running the roller stock chassis its the rtr one .

whould i notice, a diffrence i mean when i ask the guy that is a racer and runs losi eights he said it will make it easier to drive and more traction and better handling.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Prophet

I'm saying for anyone new to rc racing that the money is better spent on fuel and practice. If you guys feel a different piece of aluminum will make you a better racer than by all means knock yourselves out. I've seen bad drivers blame equipment all to often, when its their fault, not the machines.

its my first year raceing truggy but my second year racing 1/8 i cant get a lot practice anyways since i dont live real close to the track i go to.

so its race day for practice lol.

yea i know i seen bad drivers blame thier equipment im not a bad driver im in the middle just not constant espially lap times lol.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kinda reminds of me of the 2 guys at the track earlier today. They both has slash's and couldn't keep them on the track, flipping them over every 20 ft. All the while i am flying around the track. They tell me later on that it was the worst track they have ever been to and they won't be back. Claiming the lipos and esc's in their rigs were just too powerful for the track. They said they were going to the mall parking lot instead. I just laughed and stayed for another couple hours, putting down more and more laps and having an absolute blast.

It wasn't the track, it wasn't their equipment, it was them. They needed alot more practice. For them the track was a nightmare, for me it was a blast. Granted i was running a nitro losi 8ight 2.0 buggy, but still it is to this day one of the best tracks i've been to. They layout is perfect, the area is pretty, no bugs, lots of area in the pits to work on things and a nice drivers stand which gives you a complete view of the track. For them it was terrible, for me it was perfection.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you're a decent driver and you have two identical buggies with exception of the chassis, you would be able to tell a handling difference. For example I was running between 32-33 second lap times with the rtr chassis. When I switched over I was able to pull 30-31 second lap times. The car was more planted and able to have more throttle in places it previously would not hook up in.

However, a driver just starting off would not feel much difference imo.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Kinda reminds of me of the 2 guys at the track earlier today. They both has slash's and couldn't keep them on the track, flipping them over every 20 ft. All the while i am flying around the track. They tell me later on that it was the worst track they have ever been to and they won't be back. Claiming the lipos and esc's in their rigs were just too powerful for the track. They said they were going to the mall parking lot instead. I just laughed and stayed for another couple hours, putting down more and more laps and having an absolute blast.

It wasn't the track, it wasn't their equipment, it was them. They needed alot more practice. For them the track was a nightmare, for me it was a blast. Granted i was running a nitro losi 8ight 2.0 buggy, but still it is to this day one of the best tracks i've been to. They layout is perfect, the area is pretty, no bugs, lots of area in the pits to work on things and a nice drivers stand which gives you a complete view of the track. For them it was terrible, for me it was perfection.

lol yea and they have 2wd so yea they would need more practice im guessing they have a trigger finger

im smooth with the 2wd sc thats why i win most of time too but i do drive them pretty hard.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
its my first year raceing truggy but my second year racing 1/8 i cant get a lot practice anyways since i dont live real close to the track i go to.

so its race day for practice lol.

yea i know i seen bad drivers blame thier equipment im not a bad driver im in the middle just not constant espially lap times lol.
Don't get me wrong i'm sure it will help some and someone with experience would probably notice. It might not be a night and day difference, but if you have a good feel for the rig then you'll notice just about any changes you make. I have an rtr 2.0 buggy and a race roller 2.0 truggy. The truggy drives much smoother and handles much better, but thats to be expected. I haven't driven a race roller buggy so i can't compare the difference and eventually i'll upgrade my buggy to race roller specs, but for now i seriously doubt it would make a huge difference for me personally.

And lets say it does make a big difference. I'd rather get used to the rtr and its rougher handling and then go to a race roller vs the going straight to a race roller. I believe you gotta make it harder on yourself or you'll never get any better.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

the tuned flex chassis wont help at all on a loose track, it will make a slight differnce on a very hard clay track. not worth the money to me!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
If you're a decent driver and you have two identical buggies with exception of the chassis, you would be able to tell a handling difference. For example I was running between 32-33 second lap times with the rtr chassis. When I switched over I was able to pull 30-31 second lap times. The car was more planted and able to have more throttle in places it previously would not hook up in.

However, a driver just starting off would not feel much difference imo.
A decent driver would notice, i agree. And i also agree a newer driver wouldn't notice. I stand by my original comment by getting some extra fuel and practicing. Imo that will shave alot more time off his laps than the 1 second difference by switching to a new chassis. Once he gets to the point where he feels he cannot get his rig around the track any faster, then go for the new chassis. Until then he's just going to wear it out making the mistakes he could have ironed out with the cheaper chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.