Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos.... >

new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: choose your favorite servo company
hitec
42.74%
futaba
9.76%
jr
9.23%
savox
19.53%
ace/associated
6.33%
ko propo
3.96%
airtronics
4.22%
orion
1.85%
spektrum
1.58%
align
0.79%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I voted Spektrum as there's some new stuff in the pipeline for 8th scale that people will be very happy with.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I'll put it this way. Do everything right and you won't have failures with Hitec.

Honestly I've been running Hitec servos for over 5 years. I've had a total of 2 failures when using Hitec TG servos(all original 5997 series) in that time. That's no lie. And funny thing is they were both replaced in less than two weeks with a brand new unit. I even have a 5955 that I'm still running that is over 3 years old. Still working perfectly. I have not had one single 79XX series servo fail. Not one!

I won't claim that non TG servos are the same. They aren't. I've had a few of those fail. I also won't claim that it is impossible to kill a Hitec, but
in almost all cases where one fails it is exactly that. Someone killed it.

BTW there's a reason why the poll reads what it does. Just
sayin...
You know what..your opinion is just that..yours, and my opinion is just that..mine..both are neither better or worse than the others. I don't like hitec so whatever..your the one paying for Your servo and my opinion means nothing to you..so I'll just shut the hell up on what you buy..

Last edited by Oasis; 01-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I run a Losi and Hi-Tec but i choose them for the torque. i have the same servo 7955 in both ST. and TH. because i want durability. that split millisecond means nothing to me if it's not strong enough to handle the stress i put them under.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
I voted Spektrum as there's some new stuff in the pipeline for 8th scale that people will be very happy with.
As do i like spektrum servos. I run one in my buggy throttle and never a single issue. Plus for $90 i got close to 300oz in torque which isnt bad for a throttle servo.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi all. My name is Sein, I drive a Losi (8t 2.0), and I use Savox
Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
Hi all. My name is Sein, I drive a Losi (8t 2.0), and I use Savox
Man! You are SO lost...
Old 01-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ganymede
Man! You are SO lost...
I know, I never get accepted by the other losi guys
Old 01-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
I know, I never get accepted by the other losi guys
Lol! Never too late to realize you are lost... Come back to the light... lol!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

My name is Trey and I'm an alcoh... wait wrong meeting.

Seriously, I've tried just about everything and I keep going back to the hitec TGs. I'm about to try the new HV titanium servos from hitec, but even when slamming a truggy into a turn while coming off a jump, I dont have to worry about the steering servo failing. it's just that simple. Set your endpoints right and you dont have failures. I'm replacing a 3 year old 7955TG that I've resoldered numerous times. until recently, the servo just wouldnt die. I've had it in countless buggies and truggies and it's taken quite a bit of abuse.

Also, another thing that hitec offers- you can call them and order your wiring harness a specific length. it just takes some soldering on your part, or you can have them do it for you. Not sure if this is offered by other companies, but was pleasantly surprised that they'll do this for you. I've also ordered some extra harnesses that I can cut to length myself w/ my new servos.

good times.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks like the thread should be titled "how far has JR dropped off the map in the servo market?"
Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Always Futaba!!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Hitec
Old 01-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Looks like the thread should be titled "how far has JR dropped off the map in the servo market?"

JR still makes servos??......

i personally don't use servo's....i've got little invisble monkeys doin the driving for me.....

when i first started racing the only servo i'd touch was a hitec, then i was lucky enough to get my hands on a couple airtronics servos. (94357 and 94358...maybe 94359...) i gotta take my hat off to the big A for the durabiltiy of these servos....they held up for 4 years (3 of wich were with an unregulated lipo rx pack)...but alas, they both failed on the same race day last year so i'm back to hitec...next comes savox!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Cant vote for Hitec if only 1 servo is any good (7955) a friend tried some 7954HV servos in his Losi 8T, and 2 have since let go, in about 8 hours use total, no doubt Hitec will look after him, but, stops me from wanting to try them.
I am in the same boat, I heard nothing but raves about Hitec, so I jumped on the bandwagon for a steering servo in my truggy. On the 2nd race day it quit working, and it too was a 7954. It was only ran on LIFe and not even full 7.4 lipo. I sent it in, and based on everyone's remarks, I assume they will take care of the issue, but having them replaced free still doesn't erase a DNF. I guess maybe I should have gone with a 7955 but I wanted an "HV" servo. Maybe it was a fluke, I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but if they repair it and it goes out again, it will go in the trash and not back to Hitec, lol.

I used 1015's in it for a year with no issues, just wanted more torque for the truck steering.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
I am in the same boat, I heard nothing but raves about Hitec, so I jumped on the bandwagon for a steering servo in my truggy. On the 2nd race day it quit working, and it too was a 7954. It was only ran on LIFe and not even full 7.4 lipo. I sent it in, and based on everyone's remarks, I assume they will take care of the issue, but having them replaced free still doesn't erase a DNF. I guess maybe I should have gone with a 7955 but I wanted an "HV" servo. Maybe it was a fluke, I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but if they repair it and it goes out again, it will go in the trash and not back to Hitec, lol.

I used 1015's in it for a year with no issues, just wanted more torque for the truck steering.
I recently swiched to Savox because I wanted to try them but I still have my AE1015's as back ups, they have worked flawlessly for over a year in my truggy. Not bad for so called buget servos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.