Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

save your money on the 4 mm chassis unless you plan on racing the big races where there's boucoup traction. You will appreciate the aluminum arms though, at least in terms of durability.

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 04-04-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

so is it worth to buy the new chassis and where from
Old 04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You can get those parts from Corally USA direct.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Lance your best bet is to go to the track and practice and spend the money on tires and the necessities, don't waste your money on unnecessary items before you can even utilize them.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I did go to the track already. I raced this pasat weekend, got like about 10 runs in. Really like the car, consistant, got 22 laps on both my heats, for my first time. And I have everything I need

Someone give me the link for Corally Direct? Thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.corallyusa.com
Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Let me know what you think of that topdeck.

Jeff
If it ever quits raining around here.....
Old 04-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Heres the setup I use at my local carpet track. I believe it works very well. Give it a shot!
i raced at gilroy and my setup is off the chain on that track the same steup i have posted so if you race at gilroy you should try my set up later jason
Old 04-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
My home track is a little strange. When I ment low traction carpet I really ment LOW traction carpet. so the setup will do some funky stuff in different conditions. Jason's carpet setup should be good though. Good rubber setups are almost never easy to drive in my opinion though. They will always feel kinda skaty, you just have to drive it. My rubber setups generally have a lot of steering in the middle and exit of the corner. Thats just how I generally like my cars.

If you are more acustomed running foams.... rubber tire carpet racing is a whole different ball game. just requires a different driving style in my opinion.

-Korey
hey korey i know i sucked it up on foam tires but my rubber setup is like a cadillac i hooked my buddy up with my setup he went from zero to hero instantly later jason
Old 04-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Lance your best bet is to go to the track and practice and spend the money on tires and the necessities, don't waste your money on unnecessary items before you can even utilize them.
Best "hopup" advice is right here. We do not have the 4.0mm chassis in stock.

Will either hopup make you faster? Doubt it.
Are they cool looking? Yes.

Like I posted a page or two back, which got buried fast, Jim Herrmann TQed the Novak Race with a box stock Carpet Spec kit. None of the SRC parts or anything was bolted onto his car. The car wins, out of the box.

Jeff
Old 04-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
hey korey i know i sucked it up on foam tires but my rubber setup is like a cadillac i hooked my buddy up with my setup he went from zero to hero instantly later jason
Nice!!! I'll have to give it a shot.... I just need to find my freakin one way haha. I wasn't ripping you or anything either man, I know you're a wheel . I think I need a good Asphalt setup too. Got any tips? It's been forever since I've driven on rubber tires... let alone asphalt.

-Korey
Old 04-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
I would also go to 1 degree total (1/2 each side) of front toe out. On a low grip situation, I would run 1 1/2 to 2 degree's of rear toe in and go from there. Also, are you running a front diff, spool, or one way? If it's a one way, take that out and put in either the spool or diff. Either one of those will definately give you some push.
im running a spool
Old 04-04-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Jeff, your abosultly right, without a doubt. I ran the car stock out of teh box and man it was dialed, but now that I have everything I need, Im looking for the small stuff. However, like you said all these upgrades will not make me any faster.

Oh and why is everyone saying the arms break easily? The only thing that I broke was a knuckle, and that was hitting the first corner at full speed because at our track its one of our bl i nd spots.

That was the only thing I broke there after being there for like 7 hours (literally).
Old 04-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LANCEisaCRACKER
Jeff, your abosultly right, without a doubt. I ran the car stock out of teh box and man it was dialed, but now that I have everything I need, Im looking for the small stuff. However, like you said all these upgrades will not make me any faster.

Oh and why is everyone saying the arms break easily? The only thing that I broke was a knuckle, and that was hitting the first corner at full speed because at our track its one of our bl i nd spots.

That was the only thing I broke there after being there for like 7 hours (literally).
The pin doesn't go deep enough into the stock knuckles and they tend to break easy. (IMO) Most people buy the aluminum knuckles to prevent this. The result is... the only plastic part on the front is the arm and something has to give. I don't think you're going to break one of those sewer pipe hinge pins . The car is great out of the box. The knuckles are definitely nice to have and the low roll blocks provide a better feel (IMO) on carpet with foams. The car is fast, nothing else is "required".
Old 04-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

I want to get the RDX but not shore now that the talk is Corally is coming out with the RDX2 is this so? i am racing with the T2 i like the car and will keep it for outdoor but for indoor i want the Corally, can any one with Corally confirm if that is so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.