Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC controller frequency???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC controller frequency???

Me and my buddies do a lot of bashing together and we make sure all our chips are different so we don't have any problems with one controller controling some one elses truck. Now we are getting more and more people hanging out with us so I am wondering what can I do to not worry about interfering with some one elses truck. Is it a speacial controller and receiver that lets me put in my own frequency number or what??? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM
lk
Tech Apprentice

Pick up a 2.4ghz radio system. Most of them include around 100 different frequency's that automatically change if they find another radio using the same freq. The cheaper brand is spectrum and the higher line is futaba or ko propo.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

+1 2.4 ghz radio, there is plenty of cheaper ones if your just bashing.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lk
Pick up a 2.4ghz radio system. Most of them include around 100 different frequency's that automatically change if they find another radio using the same freq. The cheaper brand is spectrum and the higher line is futaba or ko propo.
I just saw where Traxxas makes one now.

traxxas 2.4 ghz radio

includes

2 channel radio

5 channel reciever

has endpoint adjustments and dual rate steering

requires no crystals

uses only 4 batteries

Is this like what your talking about or is it supposed to have a digital screen telling me whats going on? I don't want to buy the wrong one .
Old 01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justinlogue5_0

traxxas 2.4 ghz radio

includes

2 channel radio

5 channel reciever

requires no crystals

uses only 4 batteries

Is this like what your talking about or is it supposed to have a digital screen telling me whats going on? I don't want to buy the wrong one .
you want a 2.4ghz radio system. doesnt matter what brand/type you get. its the 2.4 you want

edit: yeah, that traxxas one is what youre looking for. you can find higher/lower priced variants, but like i said, 2.4ghz is what you want
Old 01-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

traxxas 2.4 ghz radio

includes

2 channel radio

5 channel reciever

requires no crystals

uses only 4 batteries

The 2.4ghz is one way or if your looking for a cheaper way Tower hobbies offer a radio frequency checker for $4.99 if your looking for a quick fix hears the link: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJUP3&P=7
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Keep an eye on the classified section and maybe post in the wanted section. I have seen a few of the traxxas 2.4 systems pulled from brand new 4x4 slashes and put up for sale.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The Traxxas system will eliminate any frequency conflicts because it is the "2.4 sread spectrum band". Basically it searches the "band" for open channels and picks one that is not in use. ............But.....it does limit you to one vehicle. In other words: 1 radio and 1 reciever. most of the other mfgs that use the 2.4 allow you to "bind" 1 radio with a bunch of different recievers so you only need 1 radio (transmitter).
Some allow 1 reciever (like the traxxas one) but you can get some that will hold up to 30 different recievers. More options= more money.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tmaxxdaddy1
The Traxxas system will eliminate any frequency conflicts because it is the "2.4 sread spectrum band". Basically it searches the "band" for open channels and picks one that is not in use. ............But.....it does limit you to one vehicle. In other words: 1 radio and 1 reciever. most of the other mfgs that use the 2.4 allow you to "bind" 1 radio with a bunch of different recievers so you only need 1 radio (transmitter).
Some allow 1 reciever (like the traxxas one) but you can get some that will hold up to 30 different recievers. More options= more money.
I think I understand it now. If I wanted to drive more than one RC truck with one of the fancy controllers that has up to 8 channel memory. All I would need to do is buy more receivers for each vehicle, right?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

get an Eurgle.

fantastic for the price, and if its just for playing, its more than you'll ever need!

8 vehicle memory, fairly simple to setup, and lots of adjustments possible
Old 01-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
get an Eurgle.

fantastic for the price, and if its just for playing, its more than you'll ever need!

8 vehicle memory, fairly simple to setup, and lots of adjustments possible
I was actually looking at one of these. How do you make it work for more than one RC truck?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

you could get the Spektrum DX3R....it is only $99.99...great radio for bashing...and it is also 2.4 freq.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

I was actually looking at one of these. How do you make it work for more than one RC truck?
you simply "bind" each receiver to the transmitter.

the transmitter will then control each receiver its paired with, but it won't control anyone elses.

you can then setup a profile for each receiver, setting different end points for throttle travel, trim settings, throttle and brake curves, etc, and select which profile you want to use when you're using that vehicle

I have 4 vehicle, with 5 profiles setup.

the reason being, that I have a "full" mode, and a "learner" mode for my brushless buggy, that dumbs down the throttle and brake/reverse, so its only about 1/3rd as fast
Old 01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
you simply "bind" each receiver to the transmitter.

the transmitter will then control each receiver its paired with, but it won't control anyone elses.

you can then setup a profile for each receiver, setting different end points for throttle travel, trim settings, throttle and brake curves, etc, and select which profile you want to use when you're using that vehicle

I have 4 vehicle, with 5 profiles setup.

the reason being, that I have a "full" mode, and a "learner" mode for my brushless buggy, that dumbs down the throttle and brake/reverse, so its only about 1/3rd as fast
Thanks for the help, I think I got it now.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help, I think I got it now.
if you have any questions, feel free to ask here, or send me a private message

I don't know the Eurgle as well as some other do, but I've used it a fair bit, and for the price, it can't be beat.

maybe its not perfect if you're wanting precision racing, but then can you justify spending $300 for a 2.4ghz radio that is?

plus, the extra Eurgle 3 channel receivers are only like $12 posted, how can you go wrong! I have four lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.