Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts about rumores of a Losi XXX-S II

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PaintingRoly
ngo8-you must not ave been reading this thread the production car will be a dual CF deck car Losi is getting away from the molded tub from this one.
i didnt know thats a good sign .
Old 09-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Older style carbon fiber deck cars typically used 2mm thick chassis and upper decks. This lead to a lot of chassis flex, which didn't present much of a hinderance on ashfault, but was a detriment on carpet. 3mm thick carbon fiber, however, is much stiffer, close to if not as stiff as a good molded chassis. I think in this regard a carbon fiber chassis is no better or worse than a molded one. Carbon fiber also looks very cool

Josh
Old 09-26-2004, 09:36 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by PaintingRoly
ngo8-you must not ave been reading this thread the production car will be a dual CF deck car Losi is getting away from the molded tub from this one.
Just out of Curiosity Roly is there anything guaranteed that this car is going to be Carbon fibre?? Cause remeber the XXX-S started of the same way in carbon fibre form. For them to desighn and get a tub chasis made it cost quadriple what carbon fibre does so they geberally wait till there satisfied with the design then get Tubs made.

Cheers
NR
Old 09-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Xray Kid
Just out of Curiosity Roly is there anything guaranteed that this car is going to be Carbon fibre?? Cause remeber the XXX-S started of the same way in carbon fibre form. For them to desighn and get a tub chasis made it cost quadriple what carbon fibre does so they geberally wait till there satisfied with the design then get Tubs made.

Cheers
NR
you can put your money on a CF chassie for sure
Old 09-26-2004, 10:13 PM
TLRacing

CF is cool!
Old 09-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

<<<<<<WHOA.......it's Todd!>>>>>>>>
Old 09-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Chassis Tweak.. the upper deck is not just screwed in..its keyed into the components.. very cleaverly I might add. virtually assuring tweakless car even on the hardest crashes.

The car is CF no tub. Remember this is Losi's top racer car.. I doubt for some time soon the xxx's will go away..

so now I beleive if Losi was as savvy as they have been in the past would probably carry both cars for quite a while.. the new JRXS for high end racer types and the 3xs for intermidiate thriough advanced

For my Stable

I will run the 3xs because of the enclosed drive train.. and durabilty.. great for club raciing and parking lot nationals.(club regionals) and parts are just about everywhere.

The new car JRXS will be resevered for high end racing..regionals, nats, carpet champs etc. Part wioll take a while to distribute and the car will be refined I imagine after the worlds before it goes into production.

I wouldn't be difficult to make a tub type chassis for this car but why? CF is way cool and has the bling factor we all need.. some of you really anal guys can even get out the polishing wheel and get everything to shine.

heres a site with the car pixs posted/
hers the site with the pixs posted

Last edited by BadBoyRC; 09-27-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

I really have to pay Losi the utmost respect for starting with a blank page on this one. Almost everything I've seen in the pics just plain makes sense. The shorter, beefier arms, the up and down travel limiting screws, the blade style sway bars (I'm assuming), the attempt to decrease the rotational moment about the cars centerline by moving batteries and motor to the middle of the chassis. It all just makes sense and seems like Losi really listened to it's drivers and customers as to what they wanted incorporated into a premium sedan.

It's probably a complete non-issue, but the only real problem I see right off the bat is the moment induced on the center layshaft bulkhead by the two pully's <sp> being on opposite sides with no counter force to balance it out. It just means that there will be undue stress on the bearings and an inherent desire for the motor pod to tweak in a hard crash perhaps throwing off belt/pully alignment. I really haven't seen it up close though, and I'm sure Losi took this, and the extra stress placed on the bearings into account - so it's probably a complete non issue.

I think the real test is going to be how easy it will be to work on. Other than that, I'm very impressed and am looking forward to seeing what the final production kit will look like.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

NEW XXX-SG+ plus hop ups/extras and front one-way for sale on Ebay.
#5923868397 car
#5923844572 one-way
Old 09-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

todd hodge whats the scoop on the car since the cat out of the bag is it going to be molded graphite is it going to be actuall graphite ? when will it be realesed ?.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

I think many people have posted numerous times that the chassis will be CF. I think CF will be a good choice, provided it's thick enough. Some people have so far wished for a molded tub with an enclosed drive train, but personally i don't see how that can be done neatly with oversized pulleys everywhere, especially on the diffs running very close to the suspension arms. If all the drive trains are to be enclosed, wouldn't that restrict suspension/shock movements?
Old 09-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is supposed to be the new Losi JRXS.... http://www.thedinghy.co.uk/ter/site/losi.htm
Old 09-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

ottoman: those pics are orginally posted on some forums on r/c tech, (Can't remeber) i think they are indeed the new losi t/c
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ya, they are posted on the actual thread for the JRXS that is under the on-road category.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

that chassis looks dumb. Sorry to say but it looks like someone just put it together as a fun project. A mix with a losi, Corally and Xray. I wished it looked better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.