Jammin' X2 Buggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Matt that flex your complaining about is what makes this version handle better than the old.You'll learn with time a race car is a race car not a play car. How did you manage to break the alum chassis brace? I broke a top plate before but 3mm carbon of questional origin to begin with is not a big ass alum bar.I drive a car that never breaks now but my jammin other than being heavy & poorly balanced & old design never did what you described in all the racing I did with it.

I would also toss the brace you had welded & put a new brace in or stop racing till you do or you'll just get a worse feeling from this car.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
Matt that flex your complaining about is what makes this version handle better than the old.You'll learn with time a race car is a race car not a play car. How did you manage to break the alum chassis brace? I broke a top plate before but 3mm carbon of questional origin to begin with is not a big ass alum bar.I drive a car that never breaks now but my jammin other than being heavy & poorly balanced & old design never did what you described in all the racing I did with it.

I would also toss the brace you had welded & put a new brace in or stop racing till you do or you'll just get a worse feeling from this car.
they couldn't weld it. as it is not aluminum. It is pot metal. that's just it,I am planning on racing this one. I was racing the hyper 8.5. Now that car could take a beating.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:18 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Been runnig my x2 and Im loving it! Only thing, the diff drive cups seem to wear quick Whats the best alternative? Or do I just have to buy new ones more often. Thanks.

Last edited by JUD; 07-05-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmatt
they couldn't weld it. as it is not aluminum. It is pot metal. .
What? You've got to show us a pic. The braces are cnc alu on the X2. Jammins have a rep of being some of the most durable 1/8's
Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My X2 new paint job!!!
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' X2 Buggy-101_0092.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-101_0091.jpg  
Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JUD
Been runnig my x2 and Im loving it! Only thing, the diff drive cups seem to wear quick Whats the best alternative? Or do I just have to buy new ones more often. Thanks.
anyone?
Old 07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
What? You've got to show us a pic. The braces are cnc alu on the X2. Jammins have a rep of being some of the most durable 1/8's
this is from just breaking in a new motor. no high speed runs,no jumps. No I did not run into a truck,tree-nothing.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' X2 Buggy-jammin-broken-006.jpg  
Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

trying more pic's
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' X2 Buggy-jammin-broken-004.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-jammin-broken-012.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-jammin-broken-005.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-jammin-broken-003.jpg  
Old 07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JUD
anyone?
I have virtually no wear on my diff outdrives, but do have some wear on my center pinion gear outdrives. Don't know why other than the metal seems different.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

trying more pic's
You sure someone didn't run off with your car when you weren't looking and take a mallet to it? I broke my original carbon fiber front brace a loooong time ago by lawn darting into the ground. Replaced it with a King Headz aluminum one and has been fine ever since. I cannot even imagine what would cause this.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Bigmatt, if you didn't crash into a single thing then what happened to break all those parts.

I've never broken a chassis stiffener on any car.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Bigmatt, if you didn't crash into a single thing then what happened to break all those parts.

I've never broken a chassis stiffener on any car.
I don't know. I think the front carbon fiber tower cracked first then it was a chain reaction from there. But the center rear dog bone that is still a mystery. It's bent but there are no scratches on the battery box or the engine or chassis.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

I don't know. I think the front carbon fiber tower cracked first then it was a chain reaction from there. But the center rear dog bone that is still a mystery. It's bent but there are no scratches on the battery box or the engine or chassis.
It looks worn from where the original 1-piece motor mount touches it... The damage you showed in those pics is from one hell of an accident though. Has to be a serious head-on collission. I've raced for Jammin' and ran the X2 for a few months now, and I too, broke a front tower at the same point, but it took some serious hammering first without fail... I have never seen a rear chassis brace break like that, and you had to hit something really hard for it to happen. You sure someone else didnt grab your remote when you werent looking, and then hand it back and never tell you something...?
Old 07-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

I ran my front broken buggy top plate for 3 weeks(about 1 gal) without damaging the brace or front shaft till I put my truck top plate on. If I had to guess I would say the brace broke first then everything else followed. I actually went head on with NsideLine at a brutal track 5min into a 20min race & exploded the front half of his K car & finished the last 15min with a broken front shock shaft & had less damage than you matt. Other than repetedly casing a big tripple I have no idea what could have done that to your car.

Where the hell you been Jason?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Use washers behind the screws that secure the shocktower to the diff case. CA the edges of all carbon fiber parts to keep them from splitting. I said it once and I'll say it again, that damage is not from zipping through the yard. Your center dogbone looks like it has been grinding up against something? I am not sponsered by Jammin but I run there cars because they have proven to me to be durable. Since the front tower is cracked I would just buy the aluminum one now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.