Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Serpent 977 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SubHK
Thx for the answer. Another question. I cannot find the spacers for the front lower suspension arms, do they come with the kit? What is the part #for them
? I cannot find it in serpent website. Also the front upper suspension arms are tight with spacers, do i need to send it down? Thx
If your refering to the clips that go on the lower arms to set the wheelbase...those are the same as your caster clips that are used on the upper arms. Hope this helps. have fun with your new kit.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ghn-sp
I had the same problem....What is the effect of using the outer hole?
Using the outer hole shorten the length of the link and make the camber gain faster. Inner hole slows it and makes it more progressive.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SubHK
Thx for the answer. Another question. I cannot find the spacers for the front lower suspension arms, do they come with the kit? What is the part #for them
? I cannot find it in serpent website. Also the front upper suspension arms are tight with spacers, do i need to send it down? Thx
I also had the same problem with my kit - it was missing a whole set of caster clips. I went back to my hobby shop and they gave me a set free as a replacement (the owner smartly has a 966 kit he opened for replacement parts for customers of new kits that are missing parts)
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone had any issues with their front rollbar? I installed mine using all the provided parts and the rollbar is now resting on the front driveshafts. I tried extending the ball links but to no avail. Anyone have the same problem?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:06 PM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexlok
Has anyone had any issues with their front rollbar? I installed mine using all the provided parts and the rollbar is now resting on the front driveshafts. I tried extending the ball links but to no avail. Anyone have the same problem?
have you already installed everything and set the front droop? If you have not set the front droop i'm assuming it will rest on the drive shafts. It only requires minimal clearance.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by X4
have you already installed everything and set the front droop? If you have not set the front droop i'm assuming it will rest on the drive shafts. It only requires minimal clearance.

No, I haven't finished building it yet. It just seemed funny because I've not had this issue before on my electric touring cars and so it didn't seem correct.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by X4

However, even though I've not finished building, when I move the suspension arms through the entire range of travel, the rollbars are still resting on the driveshaft throughout the entire range of travel.

Doesn't seem right does it?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I had the same issue when building the car, I just lengthened the links to stop them from touching.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by alexlok
However, even though I've not finished building, when I move the suspension arms through the entire range of travel, the rollbars are still resting on the driveshaft throughout the entire range of travel.

Doesn't seem right does it?
First finish the car, then set the droop (downstops) to +1mm
With normal ride height set, the suspension travel is not very big, it is not a buggy!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default V2 Manual

Hello Everyone,

FDor those who have not noticed yet, V2 Manual is out and is ready in the Downloads section. V2 Manual will also be in the new batch of cars that are being shipped.

http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=5637

Let me know if anyone needs parts

Last edited by Toughbeard; 05-07-2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: forgot the link :P
Old 05-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
Hello Everyone,

FDor those who have not noticed yet, V2 Manual is out and is ready in the Downloads section. V2 Manual will also be in the new batch of cars that are being shipped.

http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=5637

Let me know if anyone needs parts
And why would we order parts from Turkey? if we need parts we can get it in the US.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dgan
And why would we order parts from Turkey? if we need parts we can get it in the US.
If you have never ever ordered anything out of state and bought all your stuff from LHS, then you are the man and I wish everyone is like you.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems to me that one should extend(unscrew) the rear ball cup past the noted 11mm measurement on the rear shock shaft. I had to take this measurement to about 13.5mm to able to get a 8 droop on the set up blocks. The 11mm measurement with a fully extended shock would not allow the lower a arm to lower enough to obtain an 8 droop reading. I made sure that I used the longer ball cups on the rear shocks. Did anyone else notice this or am I missing something?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I have the same problem. I also extended the rods in front and behind to ensure no limit the travel of the arms.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Schuster
It seems to me that one should extend(unscrew) the rear ball cup past the noted 11mm measurement on the rear shock shaft. I had to take this measurement to about 13.5mm to able to get a 8 droop on the set up blocks. The 11mm measurement with a fully extended shock would not allow the lower a arm to lower enough to obtain an 8 droop reading. I made sure that I used the longer ball cups on the rear shocks. Did anyone else notice this or am I missing something?
You are both correct and not missing anything. The longer new version 977 ball cups or the older 966 long ball-ends work fine to get a lower downstop setting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.