Wiki Posts
Search

Madhatter55 = Dirt Bag

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Madhatter55 = Dirt Bag

Do not buy from this guy!! He is a lier and will not come through with his end of the deals. I bought and item from him and purchased it thru paypal. I looked at his rating and talked to people that dealt with him and decided to buy this item and pay using the gift payment thru paypal. After 2 weeks with no tracking number or the item I tried to get a hold of him with no response. He has logged into rctech, so I assume he is just taking me for a ride. After talking to a few people this is not the first time he has done this, they just did not leave any feedback. That is why I am leaving this feedback, it would have helped me 2 weeks ago. I hope he does not do this to anyone else.

Ed
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I am having the same trouble with this guy. I have already started the PayPal claim. If for some reason my money is not refunded through PayPal I will call his local police dept. & file charges. Also with the post office for mail fraud.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I don't care how many + feedback's or how many people say " he is a cool guy". Never pay as gift NEVER! There is no action you can take to get your money back.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks for the heads up... he's going on my ignore list.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rock333
I don't care how many + feedback's or how many people say " he is a cool guy". Never pay as gift NEVER! There is no action you can take to get your money back.
+1

Come on guys how many bad transactions do you see on here where "gift" is involved? Stop being so cheap!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
+1

Come on guys how many bad transactions do you see on here where "gift" is involved? Stop being so cheap!
It's not even the buyer being cheap, you're saving the seller money.

The whole GIFT thing needs to go away. NEVER EVER pay with gift as an option.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottgir
It's not even the buyer being cheap, you're saving the seller money.

The whole GIFT thing needs to go away. NEVER EVER pay with gift as an option.
you all need to stop being cheap and buy from your local hobby store then you will not be taken for a ride
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
you all need to stop being cheap and buy from your local hobby store then you will not be taken for a ride
Ouch, stings a little. I've spent about $1100 over the last few months getting back into RC's here on RCtech. I wasn't being cheap imo, more that I was trying to get the most for my limited money. Some say, 1000 buck, that's not limited money. Whatever you have is what your limited to and when you want to run 3 classes and get them all up to snuff then a 1000 won't really do it at the LHS.

I also don't have a "local" hobby shop which puts most of my new purchases through tower or Amain.

I'll continue to purchase used here on RCtech and even though there are some scaming "expletive" people on here I think with caution and research you can find some great deals and continue helping fellow RC'rs out.

Now, if you said, "quit being cheap and don't pay as a gift" I would have agreed more. Of course, who really cares if I agree or don't. Don't you just love the anonimity of the internet.. even little old me has a voice out in this realm.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Originally Posted by eri3f0g
Ouch, stings a little. I've spent about $1100 over the last few months getting back into RC's here on RCtech. I wasn't being cheap imo, more that I was trying to get the most for my limited money. Some say, 1000 buck, that's not limited money. Whatever you have is what your limited to and when you want to run 3 classes and get them all up to snuff then a 1000 won't really do it at the LHS.

I also don't have a "local" hobby shop which puts most of my new purchases through tower or Amain.

I'll continue to purchase used here on RCtech and even though there are some scaming "expletive" people on here I think with caution and research you can find some great deals and continue helping fellow RC'rs out.

Now, if you said, "quit being cheap and don't pay as a gift" I would have agreed more. Of course, who really cares if I agree or don't. Don't you just love the anonimity of the internet.. even little old me has a voice out in this realm.
+1. I really don't think it makes your moderation and your forum look very good if you tell people that it is not a good idea to do any buying and selling on this forum, which is why a lot/most of the people come here.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Gift

I payed as a gift to help the seller out. as you can see I have perfect trader feedback and I have spent a lot of money buying and selling on rctech. I paint bodies and have a thread on rctech. If I did that to one of my customers it would all be over for me painting cars. If it was just me who he ripped off it would suck, but he has done it to a few other people. All I was trying to do is put feedback on the forum so it doesn't happen to anyone else. If they had put feedback up I would have not purchased the item from him in the first place.

Ed
Old 08-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Now, that's what I call irony. 107 trader ratings?
Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
Now, that's what I call irony. 107 trader ratings?
x2. Is this a "do what I say, not what I do" type of thing or what?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

X3 Nice statement
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default LHS

Does your LHS have used Heli's? If so I would be glad to do that, mine does not so I did the next best thing. I support my lhs all the time I can. I ALWAYS go to them first to find what I need.

Ed
Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I wasn't really trying to take a shot. Just found it funny is all. I understand the whole support your LHS thing and that's what I do every Saturday and Wednesday. But unfortunately, I don't have the type of bank account that allows me to buy everything I need new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.