Wiki Posts
Search

Little IIC Trailer/Video + Broadcast News

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Little IIC Trailer/Video + Broadcast News

Hey,

We never did get around to doing anything with some of our footage from last year's IIC. Last week Jake put some of it together into a little montage, and tonight I posted it up at www.ampdraw.com, just click the link in the upper right to stream it.

This year's race is only a few weeks away, I hope everybody is excited and the whole RC Tech/Ampdraw crew (myself, Jake, Jason, and our various wives/girlfriends) will be there from start to finish, so be sure to stop in and say hello if you're there.

Also, remember that RC Tech/Ampdraw will be providing live coverage from the race just like the past two years (the site isn't set up yet, so don't worry that nothing is there just yet).

There will be a broadcast schedule posted a few days before the race that will indicate when we are doing live audio, live video, and trackside interviews. We will be taking questions from the internet audience during the interviews, and I believe some of the great IIC sponsors have donated some prizes to give away to net viewers.

We will have audio throughout the race, any time the track is open you will hear the PA and see the live scores, and when we do run the daily video segments, it will be the same crystal-clear quality that we streamed last year -- you'll actually be able to see the races on Sunday as they happen, not just some fuzzy, blurry little dots.

Thanks, and see you there!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I should add that, if you have a slow connection or have any problems watching the video, right click the link below the player and save it to your hard drive, and watch from there.

It's encoded in Windows Media Format; not the most Mac-friendly, I'm aware, but it's what we had. We plan to stream the race in Quicktime although that could change.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
It's encoded in Windows Media Format; not the most Mac-friendly, I'm aware, but it's what we had. We plan to stream the race in Quicktime although that could change.
Works like a charm with the free Flip4Mac plugin. Great work, thanks for putting it up. I really like my 2005 IIC DVD. :-)
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Thats such a cool race!!!!

I wish I was good enough to go race there!

I saw Scotty B and Javier's car thats the only people I know that I saw
Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great video! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

The IIC race in Vegas is by far the best LIVE coverage i've seen. Maybe, some future national / world championship on-road nitro races should take notes on how a race should be covered online.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 PM
R/C Tech Founder

More big news for IIC attendees (racers and friends alike)!

This year, we were finally able to work out a deal on internet access with the hotel. As you know, it is about $20 a day to get internet in your room, and it does not work in the convention hall, which is really a bum deal.

We will have a LIMITED number of wireless access keys available for $50 each that will be good for the entire week, from Monday 9/24 through Sunday 9/30 in the convention hall. Each key will be good for ONE computer. The connection is not shared with the rest of the hotel, and thus is extremely, extremely fast.

The hall will be open each day from (roughly) 8 AM to 10 PM so you will have plenty of time to do whatever you need to do on the 'net. And unofficially, we figure you can sit outside the hall while it's closed and use your laptop if you need to.

These keys will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can pay as you register on Monday or Tuesday if you have one reserved. To reserve a key, please email Boomer at [email protected] and he will make sure you get one.

If you have any questions about the wireless net, Boomer or myself can probably answer them (although as everybody knows, I rarely read my PMs, so Boomer might be your best bet).
Old 09-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello Shane,

Is your online shop going to be able to process and ship products while you guys are in vegas?

Thanks, Chris
Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

The online store will be shipping while we are in Vegas!

The Vegas shop got setup today; it's ready to roll for the big event.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Shane, when does the live coverage start? I don't want to leave a session open when there's no racing.....

THX
Old 09-28-2007, 03:35 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Hey,

We should be live for the rest of the weekend.

We'll be doing post-race interviews tonight and tomorrow, and post-main interviews tomorrow as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thank you Futureal for letting us be part of a great IIC race on this site.
Will there be a set up for the Snowbirds or anyother race coming up soon?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I am not involved with any of the other major races, most of them make their own arrangements with various sites. I'd love to do more but of course it's up to them.