Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Wasp REV

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WorldCup2004
From what I heard from Europe it is outperforming anything on the market today.
Please shows some evidences to back up what you just typed
Old 04-21-2006, 01:56 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WorldCup2004
From what I heard from Europe it is outperforming anything on the market today.
Well I'm from Europe, and I can't back-up your story... (yet)
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

From my knowledge, that motor has not been released yet... No published testing specs yet... Orion's forum site looks very quiet... Could there be an issue or issue's with this motor that came up in testing??? This motor might be seen/released during the RCX in May in SoCal... Orion's U.S. headquarters is in SoCal... Oh, RC-CarAction's June edition still had no testing/specs of the Wasp REV motor that they promised 2 months ago... Somethings up... Someone with some sound hard facts should share... Someone??? Anyone??? Goodluck...

RC_Alan
Old 04-23-2006, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

It has been seen many time winning on the CRF track !
Old 04-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When I contacted, Rick Hohwart, General Manager of Team Orion earlier this month, he stated that the engines would start shipping at the end of the month - which would translate into some time next week. If production is on schedule, it should be available some time in the first two weeks of May.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
When I contacted, Rick Hohwart, General Manager of Team Orion earlier this month, he stated that the engines would start shipping at the end of the month - which would translate into some time next week. If production is on schedule, it should be available some time in the first two weeks of May.
This is still correct info assuming there are no delays in customs. Distributors and hobby shops will start receiving engines at the beginning of May.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

I found interesting information on http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=3065
Old 04-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Well I'm from Europe, and I can't back-up your story... (yet)
Are these engines legal for big races in Europe?

I think the wasp rev is considered a turbo type crankshaft from its design.

EFRA type crankshaft are non-turbo (no big tear drop openning) like all 3-port novarossi engines compared to 5-port novarossi turbo crankshafts.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
Are these engines legal for big races in Europe?

I think the wasp rev is considered a turbo type crankshaft from its design.

EFRA type crankshaft are non-turbo (no big tear drop openning) like all 3-port novarossi engines compared to 5-port novarossi turbo crankshafts.

you'll find your answer here
Old 04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nefastseven
you'll find your answer here
THANKS.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Time to bring in some fresh news in the thread.

Production samples are running (and very well too), as expected lots of power and top speed.

Over the week-end the engine took part to it's first race outdoors (Kyosho Cup) and easily won the race with an advance of 2 laps (or about 44 seconds) on the 2nd driver in a 10 minutes final At the start the CRF driver easily took the lead never to be catched again.
A safety pit stop was made at 5 minutes and at the end of the race almost half of the fuel was still there, giving about 9 minutes of run-time on a fuel tank.

Pictures of the track http://www.mrcal.ch/Piste_orlons.html
Old 05-10-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Would like to see some results from that race, and some pics of the car running or a video, before i am convinced....
Old 05-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Here a small video I made yesterday with my mobile phone.
Engine is new and going through it's first tank of fuel so it needs to be driven easy

Temp is around 70-80C at the end of the run so there is a lot of room for improvement in power and speed with further carburation settings.

http://www.flurl.com/item/WASP_REV_CRF_Engine_u_135350/

PS Enjoy the engine sound!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nano
Time to bring in some fresh news in the thread.

Production samples are running (and very well too), as expected lots of power and top speed.

Over the week-end the engine took part to it's first race outdoors (Kyosho Cup) and easily won the race with an advance of 2 laps (or about 44 seconds) on the 2nd driver in a 10 minutes final At the start the CRF driver easily took the lead never to be catched again.
A safety pit stop was made at 5 minutes and at the end of the race almost half of the fuel was still there, giving about 9 minutes of run-time on a fuel tank.

Pictures of the track http://www.mrcal.ch/Piste_orlons.html
Any hard numbers??? These have been asked over and over again here in this thread... Peak HP, Peak torque, Bore. stroke... I don't believe to the serious racers, engine sound is really that important... Hey, I could be wrong... Those video clips have already been posted here in this thread... Old news... Fresh info would be nice.

RC_Alan
Old 05-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Any hard numbers??? These have been asked over and over again here in this thread... Peak HP, Peak torque, Bore. stroke... I don't believe to the serious racers, engine sound is really that important... Hey, I could be wrong... Those video clips have already been posted here in this thread... Old news... Fresh info would be nice.

RC_Alan
Bore =13.75mm
Stroke=14.00mm

The Nitrodyne is up and running again so dyno results will be on Team Orion's site this week (crossing my fingers!). And a surprise driver announcement around the 21st.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.