Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks dj.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I finally had a chance to race this car for the first time over this past weekend and I must say the car felt awesome from the first time out. The car turns really good, has great traction, and is super easy to work on.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Anyone had this problem? I've only ran the car twice and this just doesn't seem normal? All three pins move in and out but not side to side. I've never seen this before.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kingtito
Anyone had this problem? I've only ran the car twice and this just doesn't seem normal? All three pins move in and out but not side to side. I've never seen this before.

For sure that is not normal. Check with your local dealer to see how they can help you. I am sure they will handle the issue for you.

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tollerance issue, just loctite them in with the red stuff, they will be fine
Old 02-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Thank I'll try that.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Which kind of tool do you use to hold the flywheel while tightening?.

If you use the Hudy style tool which is secured around the pins this is your problem.
This kind of tool can bent the pins and loosen them if you apply a lot of force during tightening.

I had this problem before and Patrizio told me this was the cause of the problem.
Since then I use a pair of pliers with plastic grips and never had the problem again.
You can also bend the pins slightly without noticing but it will hurt the performance of your clutch.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

I use the Tamiya Flywheel pliers
http://www.amain.com/tamiya-non-scra...l-pliers/p4866
Old 02-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's the best tool you can use.

In your case the flywheel is probably out of tolerance and should be replaced.
I wouldn't advice glueing the pins back in, they will loosen up again eventually. Most of the time 5 minutes before the end of a race when you are in a good position.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Gotta give a shout out to Capamerica. I ordered some parts, and they accidently through in a wrong part. They shipped the right ones within 3 days from FL to OR. and tossed in a shirt.
Thanks, hope you guys do good at the winter nats!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

I've been trying to get a hold of Cap america leaving messages for over a week now. I've yet to hear from anyone. I'm trying to get the defective flywheel replaced. Anyone know what's going on there?
Old 02-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It took a couple calls but, I just called the number listed on their site. I figured its probably like any other "smaller" (meaning not A-main or X-ray LOL) distributor where they don't have someone there full time.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
That's the best tool you can use.

In your case the flywheel is probably out of tolerance and should be replaced.
I wouldn't advice glueing the pins back in, they will loosen up again eventually. Most of the time 5 minutes before the end of a race when you are in a good position.
You dont glue them in, you lock tite them in with

LoctiteŽ 263 High Strength Threadlocker

LoctiteŽ 263 High Strength Threadlocker is a Versatile, high strength liquid threadlocker. Reliably locks and seals metal fasteners up to 1 in. Engineered to cure consistently on a variety of metals, despite minor surface contaminants. Works on steel, stainless steel and most plated fasteners. Tolerates thread lubrication, corrosion protection anti-fluids. Rated for 360°F (180°C). Heat required for removal.

Features

High performance on various metals.
Improved temperature resistance (180°C).
Improved oil resistance.

Technical Data:
Passive metals cure, oil tolerance and high-temperature performance
Typical applications: Replaces LoctiteŽ 270 and LoctiteŽ 271 formulations
Viscosity: 400/600Cp
Cure Time: Fixture - 5 min Full - 24 hrs
Break torque: 23N.m
Prevail torque: 33 N.m

GET THE PICTURE.... It WILL NOT fall off.

Or you can buy a new one if you have money to throw away.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kickass
You dont glue them in, you lock tite them in with

LoctiteŽ 263 High Strength Threadlocker

LoctiteŽ 263 High Strength Threadlocker is a Versatile, high strength liquid threadlocker. Reliably locks and seals metal fasteners up to 1 in. Engineered to cure consistently on a variety of metals, despite minor surface contaminants. Works on steel, stainless steel and most plated fasteners. Tolerates thread lubrication, corrosion protection anti-fluids. Rated for 360°F (180°C). Heat required for removal.
Loctite Threadlockers are great products if used correctly and for the proper application. These clutch pins on a aluminum flywheel are what I would consider a wrong application for the product. Loctite Threadlock is a anerobic sealant, meaning that it sets up and cures in the absense of air. In the product description, it is mentioned that it works on steel,stainless steel, plated fasteners, but notice no mention of aluminum. In terms of crystalline structure, aluminum is like a sea sponge compared to steel and can allow air to migrate to the loctite causing cure problems that are hit or miss at best. I think loctite makes a primer (Primer T I believe) that helps on the aluminum problems, but by the time you buy the loctite and the primer, you almost have a new flywheel in hand.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2gee
Loctite Threadlockers are great products if used correctly and for the proper application. These clutch pins on a aluminum flywheel are what I would consider a wrong application for the product. Loctite Threadlock is a anerobic sealant, meaning that it sets up and cures in the absense of air. In the product description, it is mentioned that it works on steel,stainless steel, plated fasteners, but notice no mention of aluminum. In terms of crystalline structure, aluminum is like a sea sponge compared to steel and can allow air to migrate to the loctite causing cure problems that are hit or miss at best. I think loctite makes a primer (Primer T I believe) that helps on the aluminum problems, but by the time you buy the loctite and the primer, you almost have a new flywheel in hand.
+1 Your clutch is too important to rely on some lock-tite . Get a new flywheel.

Pass you soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.