Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Anyone know if an 8ight X truggy is in the works? >

Anyone know if an 8ight X truggy is in the works?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Anyone know if an 8ight X truggy is in the works?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Anyone know if an 8ight X truggy is in the works?

Hey guys, after stopping RC for a few years (Long story), I have returned and decided to solely run Nitro, as thats what I love. I am assembling an 8ight X now, and getting close to being ready to hit the track. Anyone know if the 8ight X Truggy is in the works? Its been awhile since the release of the X, so I am surprised they didn't release the T as well. Wondering if I should get the 4.0, or wait for the X if one is in the making. I attempted to search all over the place, but couldn't find any topics on this. Any info that you guys have would be much appreciated!
Old 09-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Suspended

They are still struggling with the X buggy, its not as good as the 4 and their attempt at making easy access diffs was such a massive blunder, the geometry is all messed up...front and rear dont speak the same language regarding performance, anther brand on the market that the top men are are using a vastly upgraded car. expect a 2.0 before a truggy IMO
Old 09-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by iplaygames
They are still struggling with the X buggy, its not as good as the 4 and their attempt at making easy access diffs was such a massive blunder, the geometry is all messed up...front and rear dont speak the same language regarding performance, anther brand on the market that the top men are are using a vastly upgraded car. expect a 2.0 before a truggy IMO
Ah man, that sucks! From the research I did before building, it seemed like a good choice, but I am saddened to hear this. The last time I raced nitro, it was in 8ight 2.0 days, so hopefully its an improvement from that. What makes the X easy access diffs bad? I am just curious myself. I haven't ran the car yet. Thanks for your input brother!
Cain likes this.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Sadely this is too true.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ryanster1999
Ah man, that sucks! From the research I did before building, it seemed like a good choice, but I am saddened to hear this. The last time I raced nitro, it was in 8ight 2.0 days, so hopefully its an improvement from that. What makes the X easy access diffs bad? I am just curious myself. I haven't ran the car yet. Thanks for your input brother!
The rear can be more awkward since you have to lift and line everything up, the way the case is designed i wouldnt want to put too much time on each gear case. getting driveshafts out of the way is always going to be a problem, its easier taking shocks off, so now your back at old way.
watching the how-to videos from TLR he really struggled getting the diff out and then getting it all lined up again and took quite a lot longer than the old fashion way.
The durango dn8 was the only car that the easy access idea worked... and worked well. mugen cars are painful to shim so adam drake gets people to shim inside the bearing.. what a waste of time lol
Old 09-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

The rear can be more awkward since you have to lift and line everything up, the way the case is designed i wouldnt want to put too much time on each gear case. getting driveshafts out of the way is always going to be a problem, its easier taking shocks off, so now your back at old way.
watching the how-to videos from TLR he really struggled getting the diff out and then getting it all lined up again and took quite a lot longer than the old fashion way.
The durango dn8 was the only car that the easy access idea worked... and worked well. mugen cars are painful to shim so adam drake gets people to shim inside the bearing.. what a waste of time lol

Pretty crazy to think about how many things Durango innovated that are copied by other brands today.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:28 PM
Suspended

using thin chassis with the center plate around the center diff... ultra light wing... throttle servo to center diff brace... things durango used and got laughed at for...

We were lucky enough to join the Team right when the team could get the dnx8, we still have our cars incl one new in box - the nitro car drives... really good.
i guess we have $1000 worth of parts and prototype parts that the market and media never saw
Old 09-07-2019, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)

I just picked up a Team Durango DNX8 just about have it ready to go, was so happy with it I bought another one. It shares a lot of parts with a arrma typhon so parts are readily available. @iplaygames you want to sell me your stash of parts?
Old 09-07-2019, 01:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TomtenRC
I just picked up a Team Durango DNX8 just about have it ready to go, was so happy with it I bought another one. It shares a lot of parts with a arrma typhon so parts are readily available. @iplaygames you want to sell me your stash of parts?
nope sorry, We plan to run these in the future and have maybe organised something to have some of the parts reproduced. While a certain pro wasn't contracted to any brand they swapped radios with us and i told them it was a mugen, they were amazed at how good the car was - it lets you push it and still have awesome corner speed without sacrificing Rear grip at exit.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is making me want to pick up a DNX8. I know you can get them NIB for $250 these days.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

So there is no news on a truggy from losi? I find it so strange that they dont make one right now, as they always have had one. 1.0 - 4.0 T // I dont really wanna get an associated truggy as I have tons of x parts, but it sounds like this might be one of my only options if i wanna run nitro in both classes this fall.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It's not your only option. Kyosho, Tekno, Mugen and Agama have viable choices in Truggy. Serpent has one in development that should be out soon.

Truggy isn't all that popular anymore, the counts are lower than Nitro Buggy and E-Buggy at all the races, club days or otherwise. They don't even have the buggy right, so I suspect that the Truggy is not a large priority for them at the moment.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I should get a 4.0 truck then. Stay with the brand and have a really reliable truck with the losi that has endless amounts of tuning options.. plus u probably could find a few barely used or new trucks being sold online that are cheap!! Losi truggy is one of the funnest vehicles to drive!!
Old 09-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ryanster1999
So there is no news on a truggy from losi? I find it so strange that they dont make one right now, as they always have had one. 1.0 - 4.0 T // I dont really wanna get an associated truggy as I have tons of x parts, but it sounds like this might be one of my only options if i wanna run nitro in both classes this fall.
We will have an XT soon. The X platform is better than the 4.0 in EVERY category. This iplaygames dude have been hating on the brand forever. #Haterswillhate If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. FB is a better platform, with a page just for TLR support.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by token
The X platform is better than the 4.0 in EVERY category. .
Might want to ask some Pro's why thats NOT true.... considering I own the 4.0 and have been given the chance to drive a few X's it was disspointing, all i got from the owners were frustration. The X the Pros are using has longer front arms with new chub's and knuckles. The suspension geometry doesnt suit the design. Was going to say something about fanboying TLR but i think the Racers using TLR these days really shows where they are at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.