Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi 1/36 Micro-Desert Truck RTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Has anyone driven one of these on dirt (any dirt, a track, a base ball field, etc...)? All the vids I found on YouTube showed them on hard surfaces. Can you run them on hard-packed dirt?

Tim
Old 06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tyhodge07
actually they dont have a sticker tire on the back, its usually a real tire, and tire not tyre
Its spelled tyre in different countries.

Like center centre.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the reason you don't see them on hard packed dirt is because they are essentially useless on it, due to their small size and tires (tyres). Literally they will spin out with almost zero input even on a roll on the throttle. My micro DT with the stock motor, middle gearing and the 180mah lipo from Losi will turtle spin like mario 3 on asphalt if I get silly with the throttle or turn hard at any speed.

I have found that for these to be any fun, burber carpet or upside down carpet works the best.. put some towels under and build jumps.. then kiss your day goodbye because youll spend the rest of it playing with your micro DT. Its a blast when you have the right track setup..

I pulled everything out of my rather large living room/dining room area (25x20ft at its largest) and put down two 8x12 area rugs, upside down.. and four strips of 15x4 carpet, inbetween them.. invited friends over who had the micro T and DTs and it stayed like that for two weeks..

..much to the wifeys dismay.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by steelhawke
YOU THINK? Having a spare wheel on the back adds that scale real look..........maybe? And its not a tire or tyre its a whole wheel

A wheel is what a tire, or tyre (depending on in you're from the U.S. or UK), is mounted on.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Losi micro desert truck range problems!

Hey all,
I seem to be getting the range problem that some other Losi Micro owners have gotten as well. The radio and car have new/fully charged batteries. I found a fix for it which was to replace the car's antenna. However i have a different version circuit board for some reason which would require me to do some soldering. Is there any other fix to this? My range is only about 20-25ft

Also... for some reason every time i let go of the throttle the car seems to spin out to the right. This has happened with two different Losi micros i have owned. I really don't know why... it's starting to really annoy me! It's not the differential because that is working fine.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 PM
nib
Tech Apprentice

i epoxied the diff to make a spool on mine, way better,but im also running a brushless/lipo setup
Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cheezburger
Hey all,
I seem to be getting the range problem that some other Losi Micro owners have gotten as well. The radio and car have new/fully charged batteries. I found a fix for it which was to replace the car's antenna. However i have a different version circuit board for some reason which would require me to do some soldering. Is there any other fix to this? My range is only about 20-25ft

Also... for some reason every time i let go of the throttle the car seems to spin out to the right. This has happened with two different Losi micros i have owned. I really don't know why... it's starting to really annoy me! It's not the differential because that is working fine.
I have all the same issues that you have said but with my micro baja. With fresh batteries i only get 20-25ft aswell. What's the fix your talking about, can you go into some detail for me. And the reason it spins out is (well it's my opinion anyway) is because it's 2wd when you jump off the throttle quickly it's a bit like jumping on the brakes a bit and being 2wd rear wheel drive it spins out. I have found if i don't jump right off the throttle and just feather the throttle a bit i can get it to turn without spinning out. It also depends what your driving on and what tyres your using.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a feeling that you both have the bent shaft syndrome in the tranny. The spur gear shaft is bent and is causing the gear in the tranny to bind up. I have 4 Micro-T's, and one of them does this. It's harder to spin the wheels on this one than it is the others. Horizon replaced the tranny for me, but the one they sent has the same problem. It's not all that uncommon.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Here's the link for the antenna replacement: http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30

This is though, his circuit board is different from mine. His antenna is held in place by a screw. Mine is held in place by solder.

And omg yes!, the spur gear DOES spin unevenly!! I was wondering what was wrong with it. But man, i can't get a free replacement since i bought this thing used from ebay. The seller was actually nice enough to let me replace the other losi micro i bought from him with this one since that one had problems too. I don't think he's going to let me ship it back another time lol. Besides... i've already spent enough on shipping to of bought a brand new one in the first place.

*I hope not all Losi products are like this... so far i've had two bad experiences =\. All my HPI products have no problems whatsoever.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not all Losi products are like that. It's a $70 RTR, so QC is probably quick and dirty. PM me your address, and I'll send you a better shaft. I have a few, and you can see if the one I send is better than the one you have.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks! PM sent
Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

So anybody got ideas on how to fix this range problem? =\
Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Suspended

I FIXED THE RANGE PROBLEM WITH MINE BY GLUING AN ANTENNA TUBE INSIDE THE TRUCK AND ROUTING THE WIRE THROUGH IT AWAY FROM THE OTHER MOTOR WIRES AND ELECTRONICS.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think that's the problem. I already moved the wires away from the other wires but the problem persists. Man, now i lost an e-clip while taking the car apart. It's gonna cost like $6 for something that's supposed to cost less than a fraction of a penny. Think i'm just gonna sell this thing.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Suspended

IF THAT'S ALL THE PATIENCE YOU HAVE, PERHAPS IT BEST YOU DID.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.