Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

whats the front toe angle if you run the mounts <> facing inward and outward. i also need more steering off power entering corners for rubber carpet
Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Eddie, what works for me on the rubber car is a softer spring up front. you can try that. I ran green asc springs up front and silver in the rear. 12 in the front 14.5lbs in the rear
Old 01-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well.. I can really say that I was dissapointed in the fact that the kit came built. It maked for more work and my roll center / shock tower mounts (plastic) were stripped out from the factory. I ended up getting the bilett ones instead . I am not the only one whom has had issues with the diff either . Mine kept getting lose too. did you run the 3.5 on carpet . Ours is really sticky. Almost like driving on the back of duct tape. Even with a 13.5 the diff wouldnt keep it together . So I got the metal one .
Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Ive ran the plastic diff on my e4 FS C1 with a 2.5 and 3.5 motor with no problems
i rebuilt the diff and ran it all day yesterday with no slipping problems.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

May I ask what side you put the thrust bearing and screw head on?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

drivers side, so if it moves at least it will tighten not loosen
Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

LOL... Thats exactly what I was thinking . I couldn't figure out why associated put it on the right. hmmm
Old 01-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Thinking about getting an E4

Okay, I've been looking to get one because I like the design and I think its one of the best set-ups out there to take advantage of the lipo weight savings. However before I do, I have one problem Team Magic's history.

So far their distribution has been shaky and many retailers are staying away or have dropped TM altogether. However, I have recently dealt with Wolf Hobbies and they're a good outfit so I am over that issue.

The next one is my experience with TM on the G4. TM came out with lots of upgrades and updates to the G4 at extremely high costs only to now be found on the G4JS for less than half what the upgrades cost alone. This just makes all previous model G4s worthless to the point that you can't even give one away. This is the same fear I have about the E4. Someone here says that the E4 FS/RS is equivalent to that of any XRay or Corally but when compared with the JS version, it seems that the JS is more updated with a more thorough design.(above chassis battery access vs. dropout batt tray) So it seems like its starting all over again. Therefore, if I were to replace my current XRay with a TM car it would be the JS only to minimize myself from being screwed with another model offering so much more for so much less in the next 6 months.

Now the final question, what else would I need to get with the JS to get it running aside from electrics? Does it come with all the necessary parts to tune for toe-in, caster, anti-dive & anti-squat or do I need to purchase additional hubs or suspension blocks?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

phew, just got through every single post.....

I am going to get the E4RS this Friday and am happy that this is a great kit.

I am planning to use this to race in Stock class here in Australia which the motor requirement is 13.5 BL or 27T Brushed. But may move up to 8.5 BL (pro stock) when I have enough track exp. under my belt.

My question is what servo should I get for the two classes. I have a Futaba S9402 servo, but would like to move up to digital and brushless servos. I am going to use Airtronics MX3FHSS TX/RX and have heard that it has problem with Hitec servos. I guess I will play it safe and stick with Futaba. Any suggestion and things for me to look out for and consider?

Oh the motors I will be using are both Speed Passion BL and LRP Sphere 2007 ED. ESC

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

you cannot go wrong with futaba servos they last a very long time. i use the Futaba S9550 in my car. Never had a problem with it. there is a newer one out the S9551. Good choice on the motor too
where abouts in Aus do you race?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hoggy
you cannot go wrong with futaba servos they last a very long time. i use the Futaba S9550 in my car. Never had a problem with it. there is a newer one out the S9551. Good choice on the motor too
where abouts in Aus do you race?
Thanks, I am going to race in Templestowe but I am still waiting for my Airtronics to arrive and I dont I think I can join this Sunday . But I am going to turn up and watch the races and learn something .

How much are the servos? both S9550 and S9551?

I got the Speed Passion motors cos Metro is selling them for $99 each :P Buyt I am getting the E4RS from TTRC.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

i also race at tftr i just recently moved up to modified from 8.5 brushless. You do not have to be a member to race you can just pay your entry and away you go. i will be there for a couple of hours in the morning as i have to go to a family lunch. But Tommy and myself will be more than happy to share set up tips. i think the servo is around 115 to 130. ask Tom see how much he can get one for you for. I think he uses KO Gear so that also would be an option best to ask him when you pick up the car.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool thanks for the tips, I still need to wait for the Tx/Rx and need some LiPo as well (legal ones) lol.I am not in a hurry to start racing, i'll wait for the right gear and may be some practice before T-boning everyone else :P
Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamWolfHobbies
I have my foam and rubber setups posted at Wolfhobbies.com under the E4FS and E4rs Downloads.
I downloaded your 13.5 rubber set up but was disappointed that you only filled out a few settings and not all.

I'm having an very unusual problem with traction rolling with my E4LE. Tried raising the roll center, stiffer springs (1.9 front and 1.5 rear) 35wt oil stock pistons. Adjusted droop to 0 front, 3 rear. Ride height is 5.5/5.0 f/r. Tires are CS27 (a bit older and may have worn out inserts). It has a front diff.

Steering is very good but it rolls over approaching the apex.

?????
Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
I downloaded your 13.5 rubber set up but was disappointed that you only filled out a few settings and not all.

I'm having an very unusual problem with traction rolling with my E4LE. Tried raising the roll center, stiffer springs (1.9 front and 1.5 rear) 35wt oil stock pistons. Adjusted droop to 0 front, 3 rear. Ride height is 5.5/5.0 f/r. Tires are CS27 (a bit older and may have worn out inserts). It has a front diff.

Steering is very good but it rolls over approaching the apex.

?????
Have you tried the spool or oneway?
They will induce some understeer at turn in and mid corner.
I like the spool for most of my local tracks.
One other thing to do is reduce your steering dual rate.
How heavy is your car? Is it legal weight?
Do you have a heavy metal battery tray? (this really helps by lowering the CG).

By the way, I am considering having some lipo trays made so if there is enough interest, I will do a run on these in brass or steel. Cost will be around $50. Shipped
I am also making more antenna mounts over the next week or so.
I will make both a slip fit style and a landing style that will accommodate the clamping post like the one in my previous post. Many of the fast guys are running their cars without the mid support on lower bite tracks to gain more chassis flex and thus the antenna mount is needed. $20 shipped.

Sorry for hijacking your post I got carried away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.