Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution. >

PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll see you on Friday at SIR with cash in hand.

Thanks, Pete
Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Welp....sorry guys....looks like Cyclone just hit the bottom of the list....I'm a "stupid Seahawks fan also".

Really though...I think my option 2 kit will work for Cyclone, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know for sure. I'll pry around this weekend at the track and hopefully get type 2 prototype done to test different chassis. It wont be complete yet, there is some laser cutting left to do on part of that kit...but I'll have a "good idea" from measurements.

I'll measure the distance from the bottom of the top deck to the chassis and then do the same on my TC5. If they are close or the same then I know that the TC5 onne will work. Even if I go to the back on the line for being true to my team I still get one right....ha ha ha ha

For my pain and suffering I'll take the Prince symbol engraved into mine rather than "ASSOCIATED"
Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
If I don't get one it's racial...ha ha ha ha Good product bro. If the cyclone gets one count me in Ask around at SIR everyone knows me.....EVEN GRANT......That stupid seahawks fan
Redskins fans TO THE BACK OF THE LINE.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

The mount looks awesome! Might have to give it a try
Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up You Da Man!

I've been looking for something like this for a while. I've been dieing to try an Apogee magnum 5800 mAH pack in my TC5. If it will fit, I definitely want one! The dimensions are:29mm (1-1/8") Thick x 44mm (1-11/16") Wide x 145mm (5-5/8") Long. What's the dimensions of the tray?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JuhoL
The mount looks awesome! Might have to give it a try
Thank you Juho...I'll be more then happy to help you "get the lead out" of your lipo, you will not be disappointed. I'll ship 2 options for the new Reedy pack for you to try on Monday, but I think the full plate will work as it did on the Orions even with the humps. I have no idea how long it takes to get to Finland...but I'll have tracking info for you.

Race night at the track went very well. Looks like Schumacher, Xray, and TC5 with the 7.7oz Orion 3600's are all a .

I dont have news on the Cyclone...there wasn't any at the track....So i'll work a money back deal on the first to try (one only till I confirm fit)...really dont expect issues though.

Getting late, back to the shop tomarrow to finish balance of run 1.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jamie007
I've been looking for something like this for a while. I've been dieing to try an Apogee magnum 5800 mAH pack in my TC5. If it will fit, I definitely want one! The dimensions are:29mm (1-1/8") Thick x 44mm (1-11/16") Wide x 145mm (5-5/8") Long. What's the dimensions of the tray?
1 1/8 thick pack will not fit a TC5 or any sedan I can think of...unless you want to saw it in half which I recomend not to.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thank you Juho...I'll be more then happy to help you "get the lead out" of your lipo, you will not be disappointed. I'll ship 2 options for the new Reedy pack for you to try on Monday, but I think the full plate will work as it did on the Orions even with the humps. I have no idea how long it takes to get to Finland...but I'll have tracking info for you.

Race night at the track went very well. Looks like Schumacher, Xray, and TC5 with the 7.7oz Orion 3600's are all a .

I dont have news on the Cyclone...there wasn't any at the track....So i'll work a money back deal on the first to try (one only till I confirm fit)...really dont expect issues though.

Getting late, back to the shop tomarrow to finish balance of run 1.
My bubby has the cyclone (doing the wiring on electronics) but he will measure tonight and post on here. The problem he feels will be the clearence from the chassis to the bulk head. It cuts the distance to the top deck down some.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Vern I saw you mention that it will fit an xray.. Was that the t2 007 model or just the plain t2? I'd like to be put down for one either way.. If its found to fit the cyclone I'll take 2....
Old 01-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Count me in

I just picked up a TC 5 last week and was thinking about going Li Po. A few searches later and here I am, talk about good luck

That's a killer set up nice job

Thanks
Joe
Old 01-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fishnfst
Hello Vern I saw you mention that it will fit an xray.. Was that the t2 007 model or just the plain t2? I'd like to be put down for one either way.. If its found to fit the cyclone I'll take 2....
T2 07 on the Xray, and I'll have it tested on the 08 late in the week.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

First official customer feedback...
came in from Friday track day (reviewing a TC5). This was a good report since I was a bit uncertain on the Orion packs with the hump bottom and lighter weight. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Orion 3200 is very simular in size, weight and shape.

Side note...Pete was able to remove ALL the lead piles from his chassis, even with the lighter 7.7oz weight of the 3600.

Originally Posted by Pete Thomas

Kevin,
Thanks for letting me pilot your EZ Lipo Mount last night. I was impressed with how well it held the Orion 3600 battery in place. I tested the lateral balance of the car when I got home using my "balance buttons" and it verified what the scales read. The car was very balanced last night.....

...I'll continue to give you feedback on your product. You are definitely on the right track. One added benefit is that I won't have to continuously handle lead every time I pick up my batteries. I am always concerned about the long-term health effects.

Thanks and keep up the good work, Pete
Old 01-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

1 1/8 thick pack will not fit a TC5 or any sedan I can think of...unless you want to saw it in half which I recomend not to.
good point! Didn't even think about the thickness... well I see the 3800 is 21mm (55/64") Thick x 42mm (1-11/16") Wide x 139mm (5-5/8") Long, and I found a review of it in a TC4, so it should work. Do you think that pack will work with your tray?

http://www.castlecreations.com/media...max_review.pdf
Old 01-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Web Page Started

Will continue to update as the week progresses. Some reading on products may save questions.

PPD EZ LiPo home page
Old 01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Optional balance plate is complete!

For a few dollars more then the 2.5oz plate, there is the optional 3.0 - 4.75 universal plate. This will be recomended for the optional base inserts for low clearance bulkheads, heavy weighted left side cars, and lighter 3600 and under LiPo's.

Should have final product, inserts by this Friday (ahead of schedule ) and should open orders up by this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.