Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Stomer Hobbies, Good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Great service, fast shipping, excellent place to shop from. Only complaint is the outdated website so I often search other shops for part details, specific or photos and then order from Stormer. Once they update the site they will be first class.

You can always order with confidence from Stormer.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hence all the good reviews, I just checked Stormer Hobbies and WOW , price are suprisingly low!
One question tho, is the shipping overseas good ? ( fast, slow, cheap, expensive)
Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Yep, very good mate. Had a problem with a kit which got sent back to them and they sorted it all out with no trouble what so ever. Would reccommend!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

You should have no problems from them. Great place to order from.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Stormer is very good. I order from him all the time.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I heard if you mention my name he will pay you for your order.... J/k.

Great guy and great hobby store. Thanks Bob for all the great service over the last 10 years I have been ordering from you.

So yes Stormethobbies is trustworthy.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by For_the_win
Title says it. There are a couple of things i would like to order and i dont know anyone who has ordered from them.
One of the best. Been ordering from them since '92
Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

First rate, once of the best you will ever deal with.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mracer
Plus if you don't know the part number it can be a little tricky to find. Other than that they are great.
Yea, that can be tough on any site. If you don't know the number, you're gonna have to do some guessing. And we don't stock 300 part numbers, I think it's closer to 30-50,000 numbers and millions of pieces. It's a lot to sift through. Even the Vehicles category is pushing 500-600 different part numbers for kits. It's the utter mass of it all, that puts up a LOT of results.

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Great service, fast shipping, excellent place to shop from. Only complaint is the outdated website so I often search other shops for part details, specific or photos and then order from Stormer. Once they update the site they will be first class.

You can always order with confidence from Stormer.
Thanks.

Don't expect any graphics changes soon. everything changes around and underneath it. More categorys, more and better ways to sift results, a lot of behind the scenes things to help your experience and shopping results. Graphics and extra things slow the site. We try to keep it as lean as possible. There's only so much bandwith to go around and we have to weigh every possible change against how it's going to fill the pipe. It's a trade off.

Originally Posted by MatJ
Hence all the good reviews, I just checked Stormer Hobbies and WOW , price are suprisingly low!
One question tho, is the shipping overseas good ? ( fast, slow, cheap, expensive)
Our overseas regulars will tell you that they tend to like the way we do it. Rather than throw up a high (one price covers everybody) shipping price, we do them one at a time, and by hand. There is a spot on the checkout process for international customers where you have two options. Have us package and select the best method for you, or you can submit the order and put it on hold pending a shipping quote. We do not process or charge your account until you agree to the shipping charges. If we don't hear from you, the order automatically cancels in 7 days. People seem to like that method, saves them money on shipping. Our shipping department is pretty handy at it. And they've had about 30 years to find methods that work the best and ship the cheapest.

And the dimensions that are allowed to ship to each country change all the time. It's quite interesting.

I will add, that we can appreciate it when people ask, but we are not allowed by law to alter or change the required value of an international shipment to a lower dollar value. Also, you cannot insure a $100 package for $900. You are not allowed to insure for more than the declared value. When that $1000 worth of stuff is lost... you get the declared value of $100 Just something to keep in mind.

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Great guy and great hobby store. Thanks Bob for all the great service over the last 10 years I have been ordering from you.

So yes Stormethobbies is trustworthy.
Thanks Mate. Our crew tries hard.

-Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies, Inc
stormerhobbies.com

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 01-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

bob, did you have a chance to look for that radio bag?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Stormer Hobbies is awesome. But I wish they had an economy shipping option (if they do now, shame on me for not checking.)
Old 01-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
bob, did you have a chance to look for that radio bag?
I think we are discontinuing that product line. Doesn't mean it's good, or bad, just not an avenue we're going to continue down... I think. Our Speedmind buyer isn't in (Holiday). But that's what I recall.

Originally Posted by Tron
Stormer Hobbies is awesome. But I wish they had an economy shipping option (if they do now, shame on me for not checking.)
$7.95 flat rate. one set of suspension arms or 100, still $7.95 Most kits ship for $14.95. It all boils down, for 99.9% of the items in stock as $7.95 or $14.95, those 2 numbers. Big package, small package. Small packages are what you think they are, small bits, speedos, motors, engines. Bigger things are kits and radios, a few of the 1/5th scale bodys, etc. Just a rough guide.

On a side note, I like your Avatar. I bought everybody here at Stormer Hobbies Sea Shepard shirts and Swag last Christmas. I've worn Sea Shepard shirts to races. I'm not here to debate policy or public opinion, I just think they try hard, and I appreciate the effort and commitment it takes to do that crazy stuff they do! Some guy from the crew bought from us 3 years ago and we shipped a few things to Australia, was one of those small helicopters and some bits.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Stormer Hobbies

You accept Paypal yet? I think the last time I checked it was not an option yet.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Does stormer still not accept Paypal?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Love Stormer, My local hobby shop comes first but Stormer is my first website when I buy online. The website was tough the first time or two but no problem once you get use to it. Prices are great but most of all you can call and get great help over the phone, and I am willing to pay more for that (but i'm not saying raise you prices).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.