Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 CR front dog bone

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Jammin X1 CR front dog bone

I have a X1 CR that I raced last year with big bore shocks without any issuse's but these season I put super big bores and now I am have the front dogbones comeing out of the outdrive's any idea's nothing seems to broke the droop and ride hight is set the same as always.It came out 4 times in a 30 min A main.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Rookie

You sure you have the fronts installed in the front and not in the rear?
the rear UJ's are slightly shorter than the fronts. Ive also had this problem before, it was a case of not being aware of the difference when i reassembled the buggy
Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It could also be a worn diff outdrive.

Taking out some droop may work as a temp fix.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yeah I would say the unversal is the wrong one, to tell if you have the right one in there it will have 2 round ribs in the middle of the shaft.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
yeah I would say the unversal is the wrong one, to tell if you have the right one in there it will have 2 round ribs in the middle of the shaft.
Yup... and when they wear out... replace them with the Kyosho ones. They last longer. As someone said though, if your diff outdrives are really worn it could cause this. I have one with a slight chip on the "corner" of the slot, and I've had that happen ONCE.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default thanks

After close inspection all I can find is a chipped corner on the out drive I am going to put a new out drive and shaft some new bearings and try it again its probly time to put some fresh diff oil in anyways. Mark
Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AK-driver
After close inspection all I can find is a chipped corner on the out drive I am going to put a new out drive and shaft some new bearings and try it again its probly time to put some fresh diff oil in anyways. Mark
The chipped outdrive will certainly cause that. Replace it and see if that resolves it.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

check for slop or cracks on the arms, c-hubs and knuckle arms. Anything loose at the hingpins or kingpins could also be causing the problem. Your upperarm holding the turnbuckle could could be stripped.