Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Wow!!! That is really cool but won't it be kind of small as compared to the GT8s? I would imagine it would be like putting a volkswagon beetle in the middle of a bunch of Fords Sedans and Chevys Sedans.
As far as weight goes certainly, I can't believe how heavy the GTP2e is. Af for size though it is the exact same wheel base. That is a kyosho inferno gt body.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

How do you drop the chassis? Seems like an SC10 4x4 would be a better candidate.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whipnet
How do you drop the chassis? Seems like an SC10 4x4 would be a better candidate.

on the front I just went with the lowest shock mount positions and on the rear I put about 5mm of fuel tubing on the shock shaft to limit travel and the set them to the lowest position as well.

SC10 probably is a better choice but 4wd is more $$$ than a GTP2e and my local hobbytown has all the parts on the wall to build a new Slash. The fact I didn't have to go out of pocket, since I already had one, didn't hurt either.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Mechanical brake assembled on my Inferno GT, almost ready for testing.
I had to cut a new aluplate above the center-diff which also become a holder for the brake servo.
Hope this little helicopter servo is strong enough

Old 06-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Default Together at last

Finally got the GTP2e on the track today.

Cars by 3seven3, on Flickr

Mamba Monster 2200 on only 3S most of the day. WOT on 4S and the Viper folds up under the front end. Just for comparison the way I currently have them geared they are about the same around the track with a 2S in the Slash and a 3S in the GPT2e. Although the both exhibit considerably different driving characteristics. The Ofna feels much more planted and heavy but not slow by any means, deliberate may be the best word. The Traxxas on the other hand feels very light and responsive if not twitchy. Not being a great driver I can appreciate both but I can certainly see where the Slash would be frustrating for someone with more skill. The Slash is just easier to get out of sorts. Either way I had a great time today despite a poor turnout.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Thanks to the crew at Corona today. We had 14 drivers in the GT8 class - lot's of different models represented on the track. Jai showed that HB was no fluke, as he's got that Losi dialed in pretty well. Got to meet a lot of new folks today , most of which where cool and fun to run with. This class is really a blast to drive in - I hope it continues to grow.

Sorry to Steve N. for that tap, would have nice to see you chase after Jai and his cousin today in the main. Let's do it again in HB in two weeks.

Clay
Old 06-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
What body is in your avatar?
was gunna ask the same thing...
1. any ideas where to get it?
2. do you have a bigger pic u could post?

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
Speedfreak90 will be at the race as well with his MUGEN.
3. what body is in this 3rd pic?? where do u get 'em?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dark_luna
Mechanical brake assembled on my Inferno GT, almost ready for testing.
I had to cut a new aluplate above the center-diff which also become a holder for the brake servo.
Hope this little helicopter servo is strong enough

where did u get that rx/battery box????
Old 06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
Thanks to the crew at Corona today. We had 14 drivers in the GT8 class - lot's of different models represented on the track. Jai showed that HB was no fluke, as he's got that Losi dialed in pretty well. Got to meet a lot of new folks today , most of which where cool and fun to run with. This class is really a blast to drive in - I hope it continues to grow.

Sorry to Steve N. for that tap, would have nice to see you chase after Jai and his cousin today in the main. Let's do it again in HB in two weeks.

Clay
Clay, great to see you again. Thanks for coming out and joining us. GT8 is indeed a whole lot of fun!

I got lucky today. With the group of talented racers present at the track, I knew the comp was gonna be great! You guys surely didn't disappoint. We had ofna, mugen, kyosho, tamiya, tekno, STRC-Traxxas, SNR and Losi all being represented. I'll proudly wear this king of GT8 shirt at our next venue. LOL

I'm really glad that this class is growing and (crossing fingers) will continue to do so. It's a blast to drive with all of you.

Thanks to all that came out. Great putting faces to names. I look forward to the next race. And a special thanks to the OC CIRCUIT crew. Thanks for providing the opportunity to spend a day racing with my kids on Father's day. First class.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by clayrace24

Clay
Pics and vids?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
That is the hard to find kyosho nissan gt body.
this one?

KYOIGB052

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...y-Set-Nissan-Z
Old 06-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was an awesome day of GT8 racing at HB, I couldn't believe how well i hang with some of the great talent that was there. If it wasn't for my 4S blowing up I could of accomplish my goal of finishing in the top three.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.l.c.
I'll be there with my Mugen MBX-6 eco conv.

Man, your body has a sharp edge on it somewhere.. you rolled a couple of times while I was turn marshaling and when I turned your car over, I cut my hand lol.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.l.c.
It was an awesome day of GT8 racing at HB, I couldn't believe how well i hang with some of the great talent that was there. If it wasn't for my 4S blowing up I could of accomplish my goal of finishing in the top three.

Nice battery..
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Clay, great to see you again. Thanks for coming out and joining us. GT8 is indeed a whole lot of fun!

I got lucky today. With the group of talented racers present at the track, I knew the comp was gonna be great! You guys surely didn't disappoint. We had ofna, mugen, kyosho, tamiya, tekno, STRC-Traxxas, SNR and Losi all being represented. I'll proudly wear this king of GT8 shirt at our next venue. LOL

I'm really glad that this class is growing and (crossing fingers) will continue to do so. It's a blast to drive with all of you.

Thanks to all that came out. Great putting faces to names. I look forward to the next race. And a special thanks to the OC CIRCUIT crew. Thanks for providing the opportunity to spend a day racing with my kids on Father's day. First class.
Jai, you speed demon, your car is nuts on that back straight.. sick fast. I am also glad you took my car for a spin on the track, was a pleasure to see what my car is capable of in the hands of the King of GT8!

Clay and Mark, pleasure meeting you both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.