Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Hey drew I was looking at the maxpower rr3 .12 to be my spare motor for when I go to smaller low-bite tracks. I noticed the bore&stroke is not the same as the xxl3 which is based on the nova long stroke motors. This motor seems to be a short stroke motor. I wanted to know if the rr3 is completly stock or is it tuned alittle bit by massimo?? Also is the motor fast enough for larger tracks??

I have seen a few of these run and they really impressed me. Its a good all around engine. Every engine is touched in some way by Massimo. Its not as tuned as the other but still has a little touch of Massimo. Its a great engine for the price and will hold its own on bigger tracks.

Thanks Drew
Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Hey drew I was looking at the maxpower rr3 .12 to be my spare motor for when I go to smaller low-bite tracks. I noticed the bore&stroke is not the same as the xxl3 which is based on the nova long stroke motors. This motor seems to be a short stroke motor. I wanted to know if the rr3 is completly stock or is it tuned alittle bit by massimo?? Also is the motor fast enough for larger tracks??
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
I have seen a few of these run and they really impressed me. Its a good all around engine. Every engine is touched in some way by Massimo. Its not as tuned as the other but still has a little touch of Massimo. Its a great engine for the price and will hold its own on bigger tracks.

Thanks Drew
We have several of the RR3's and they run very well. As a matter of fact, Emily ran one at the Winternats and it was just about perfect there. Good mileage, pulled hard out of the turns, easy to tune and a good fit for the light weight NT1 drive train. Oh…and a very nice street price….bonus.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Jeff

I think 17/23 pinions and 59/54 spur gears will be fine. We have ran that pretty much everywhere.

Thanks Drew
That is what I ran this past weekend. If I were you I would have a 16/22 combo with me as I don't know what engines you run, but I ran 17/23.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
That is what I ran this past weekend. If I were you I would have a 16/22 combo with me as I don't know what engines you run, but I ran 17/23.
Sounds good thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

From when we tested the more narrower the hex the more forward bite. On Ralph's car we run the stock hex's on the front and the -.75 on the rear. It seems to help with forward bite off the corner. No matter what hex's we run we also keep the same width. So all you are really changing is the scrub and contact patch.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Drew
From a technical standpoint, when you run the narrow hex' in rear, but same track width, your essentially making the rear arm and upper link longer; thus changing a number of things. Dynamic roll centers, camber rise and axle bind are probably the most significant.

Doing the same on the front presents even more geometry changes. The main thing to look for when changing hex' in the front is how the car gets in and out of the turn.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default hmmmm

who let the dog out :P

those are good points Jason, hows everything in memphis ???
Old 02-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rx8 kit

Drew any ETA on the kits?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Great race xray cars that ran at the swcs race this past weekend. Tommy P. put on a show.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default XRAY wins ROUND #2 of BARCELONETA RC SPEEDWAY

The 2nd round of the Puerto Rican Championship took place at Barceloneta RC Speedway. The traction was high all day and the competition was fierce. It was once again, Juan C Rodriguez, who took TQ honours in the second round of qualifying and missing the 15 lapper by just a few seconds. Right from the start, XRAY qualified 1-2-3 into the A main were they had a total of 6 out of 10 cars. The 45-minute final would prove to be a challenge for most racers as tire strategy and pit strategy came into the game.

From the start, Juan was able to maintain the lead throughout the entire race after driving a what could be described "problem-free" race. At the end, he was able to lap the entire field at least twice. Jose A Martinez starting from second position had a good pace until he flamed out the first time coming out of the pits. In the end, it was a battle for the third place as in the last few minutes Guillermo Camacho, Jesus Rivera and Fernando Mendez were neck to neck. In the end, it was Guillermo Camacho who was able to complete the podium behind Andy Baez but failed to pass tech inspection due to the height of the body being too low and Therefore handing the 3rd place to Fernando Mendez.

All the XRAY drivers would like to thank RCAmerica and XRAY for all their support.

FINAL RESULTS:
Code:
1. Juan C. Rodriguez  - 121 laps - XRAY NT1
2. Andy Baez - 119 laps
3. Guillermo Camacho - 118 laps - XRAY NT1
4. Fernando Mendez - 118 laps
5. Jesus Rivera - 118 laps - XRAY NT1
6. Norberto Rodriguez - 115 laps - XRAY NT1
7. Franco Machado - 112 laps
8. Jose Tort - 112 laps - XRAY NT1
9. Geovannie Gonzalez - 50 laps
10. Jose A Martinez - 28 laps - XRAY NT1
Old 02-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

good job juan you too andy
Old 02-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sultan
Drew any ETA on the kits?
Still looks to be the first of the month.

Thanks Drew
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Still looks to be the first of the month.

Thanks Drew
Christmas in March!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default red clutch shoe

Is the new red shoe only for the high dynamic clutch?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Is the new red shoe only for the high dynamic clutch?
Yup. Only for high dynamic.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Yup. Only for high dynamic.
Is thats the clutch most people are using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.