Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bundy_Bear
Where are all the blue alloy bits coming from? Are they after market bits or standard? If so who makes em?

Also,

What springs do you recoomend for the car? An can someone help me with my bearing question please...

BB
The stock black springs are the best overall
but if you need more tunibillity Try Kyosho's
On-Road spring set that's all you need.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Push

Tried the car without the front anti-roll bar today and it was quite a bit better. I wanted to try a softer front spring but the LHS did not have anything softer than black. I ordered a set and will let you all know how it goes. I will also try 35 in front and see how much does that help (running 37 front 40 rear at the moment).
Old 04-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up I am thinking of getting a second car ..

Hi guys,

I currently have a 710 which I like, but I am thinking of getting a second car.

Is this Fw05r as competitive as the 710? I am thiking of possibly making a switch depending on the info I am able to get from this thread. if not I would just stay with my 710 for racing

how adjustable is this car? ie. roll centers/rear toe/ caster ? - are there optional parts to make it perform better and stronger?

I know there is two version, can someone please tell me the part numbers and what the difference is?

How well does this car handle? is it race proven?

I live in south FLA. does anyone race this car down here? (fw-05r)

thanks and sorry for all the questions
Old 04-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I am thinking of getting a second car ..

Originally posted by Profoxcg
Hi guys,

I currently have a 710 which I like, but I am thinking of getting a second car.

Is this Fw05r as competitive as the 710? I am thiking of possibly making a switch depending on the info I am able to get from this thread. if not I would just stay with my 710 for racing

how adjustable is this car? ie. roll centers/rear toe/ caster ? - are there optional parts to make it perform better and stronger?

I know there is two version, can someone please tell me the part numbers and what the difference is?

How well does this car handle? is it race proven?

I live in south FLA. does anyone race this car down here? (fw-05r)

thanks and sorry for all the questions
Everything you are asking is in the thread. Just go back and read them. But this is a full race car and as adjustable as any out there. It had just won the pre-worlds in Brazil.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

I've driven a 710 and have one also but haven't run it yet. It is a really fast car. Handles like my Evolution. Compared to the FW-05R, I think the FW-05 is faster on tight tracks but needs work on the big ones to keep up with the 710. If you got the money, go for it.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

While cleaning my car I found that the pins that hold the brake disk in the front outdrive of the transmission had come out enough to wear away a good portion of the transmission case. The holes in the brake disk are also elongated. This happened to my friend also but the 3 Racing aluminum version.

To anyone planning to get the car I reccomend the following:
-Kyosho aluminum outdrive
-Steel ring gears
-Hardened brake disk
-bearings for the steering bellcranks
-3 Racing front suspension mount or the Kawahara version
Old 04-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
While cleaning my car I found that the pins that hold the brake disk in the front outdrive of the transmission had come out enough to wear away a good portion of the transmission case. The holes in the brake disk are also elongated. This happened to my friend also but the 3 Racing aluminum version.

-Steel ring gears
-Hardened brake disk
I agree with the list but I'd add the front Universal and the graphite shock stays. Meanwhile, what is the part number of the hardened brake disk? if you are talking about VZW015 the SP brake disk I wouldn't recomment it. It is thicker than the stock one so you need longer brake pad screw to hold it. But more imporatnatly it's a lot heavier and adds too much weight on the drivetrain. I'd just replace the brake disk every now and then instead.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:32 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: I am thinking of getting a second car ..

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Everything you are asking is in the thread. Just go back and read them. But this is a full race car and as adjustable as any out there. It had just won the pre-worlds in Brazil.
And third place in the JRMC Japanese Nationals
Old 04-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default UnderSteer

My car has got serious understeer problem during on power.. i'm currently using soft front and rear hard setup with kyosho springs 37shore tyres...i'm also using 39 steel gears (front and back).. any body care to share their setup plzzzz...any body got any experience using 39t front and 40t rear... will this increase my on power steering..???
Old 04-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default understeer

try stiffening ur front springs, just adjust the dials and see what will happen
Old 04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by gijoe64
The stock black springs are the best overall
but if you need more tunibillity Try Kyosho's
On-Road spring set that's all you need.
Do you have a model number for this?

BB
Old 04-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

-Steel ring gears
-Hardened brake disk
Racing4evo:

I managed to find the steel ring gear set, they do them in a 39t and a 40t set, what would the difference be? Also what is the problem with the stock brake disk?

Finally, are you talking about the Kawahara front end conversion or just the frnt damper kit?

BB
Old 04-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: UnderSteer

Originally posted by dameetz
My car has got serious understeer problem during on power.. i'm currently using soft front and rear hard setup with kyosho springs 37shore tyres...i'm also using 39 steel gears (front and back).. any body care to share their setup plzzzz...any body got any experience using 39t front and 40t rear... will this increase my on power steering..???
the gearing you mentioned has nothing to do with your lack of on power steering. check back a couple of pages. other people gave suggestions to gain more on power steering.

*edit* did not comprehend the part of overdriving the front with the 39t ring gear. it was late.

Last edited by Buggy Master; 04-12-2004 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: UnderSteer

Originally posted by Buggy Master
the gearing you mentioned has nothing to do with your lack of on power steering. check back a couple of pages. other people gave suggestions to gain more on power steering.
I was thinking if I use 39t front and 40t rear will give me overdrive to the front thus will increase steering during on power. Dont know whether this is correct or not its just my thought.

Anyhow did some adjusment today. I took out the front stab and replace my Kyosho silver spring with a Kyosho Florecent green colour geen spring (I think it is meant for Kyosho GP Alpha series). It is softer than the silver. The on power steering increases significantly but still not up to my Evo's standard. Will try to harden my rear set up next.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

The same thing happened to me as well. Took out the pins and put a drop of CA to the hole and put back the pins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.