Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by trf man
rick if your running in the nationals next season would i be able to tag along with my evo3 se?
Hi was that directed at me? Not sure if i am going to run a Evo 3 next year in the nationals as i will only run it if the backing is there. Rick
Old 09-16-2003, 09:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Evo3 Surikarn

Originally posted by gerrych
So far so good. Would have wanted the red ones but no stock . It seems like the chassis is stiffer now. Are you planning to get one?
I'm definately going to get a set to try out, see how much it stiffens it up, where did you find them?
Old 09-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeah it was aimed at you.
who would the backing team consist of?
i was thinking if perhaps we raced our evo3 in the nationals then maybe we might have a chance of getting somewere.
andy childs who raced in the eurocup has gone to x ray and others.
i would really love to race competivly at nationals but it will be so difficult on your own.you need others were you can share set up and ask if that or this is better.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Look at this setup- http://www.mpowered-racing.com/evoiiifoamot.html

He's using D/A blocks on the front hingepins. I don't understand how that supports the front hingepins. Got any ideas?
That setup would put more weight over the front tires, I'd think it would push a bit more, but on carpet, you have a bundle of traction anyway...
Old 09-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Was hopeing to sort something out via the hobby co but i am not sure if anything will come of it we will have to see. I have a deal through Centerpoint to run for X ray as well but i want to keep my options open. I know of one person who has been running a evo3 s this season that has gone to Associated due to the fact he was the only one running one and he found it hard sorting a setup at the meetings working on his own. Rick
Old 09-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look at this setup- http://www.mpowered-racing.com/evoiiifoamot.html

He's using D/A blocks on the front hingepins. I don't understand how that supports the front hingepins. Got any ideas?
The DA block setup creates something kinda like a trailing arm effect similar to a Losi's suspension geometry. This setup, in theory, would provide more steering and increase corner speed slightly. It also helps getting some of the steering back when you run a diff or spool setup. I for one, don't run this setup (got enough steering as it is ) but Difuser and MadJack, along with others, has and perhaps they can comment on it

Last edited by rtypec; 09-16-2003 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Gerrych- I'm curous to know how those aluminum tranny housings are working. Are you racing the car? It looks very nice, BTW. Is it eating oneway ring gears with the Aluminum tranny housings?
BigDog,

Yes, I still strip some oneway gears once in a while. But not as often as the stock ones. Just my observation.

Gerrych
Old 09-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Another Pic

Originally posted by SpineX-SSL
What are those turnbuckels up front for?

Nice looking car btw.

Take care
SSL
It is mainly used to protect the C-hubs from impacts. But make sure that there is no bind when you put it on. Adjust the length of the turnbuckle to make sure there is no bind.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I can see how it would give you more steering by putting more weight on the front tires, and I even get the backswept arms idea. Question- is that setup for the standard EVO3? Because I would think the EVO3S is stiff enough to have the steering for a carpet track without going to such extremes. I'm very familiar with chassis' that won't render enough steering on high bite carpet because of the chassis flex.

I think I would have tried to loosen the rear of the car before I put negative toe in the arms. However, I haven't had a chance to tune the car on carpet so I can't say it's right or wrong. Obvioulsy, it's working for some people We'll find out soon enough.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ARC MotorSports
With all due respect, I thought the principal behind a forum such as this was to share information. To answer your question, by knowing the exact spring rate, I know how these springs will compare to the stiffer Asc springs. This way I can adapt setups that use stiffer Asc springs to use Tamiya springs. I though it was fairly obvious...

Boy some people cannot take a joke. aye

53635 20.7
53636 25.7

Yes, Tamiya finally breached the 20p barrier.

I did this at home with simple equipment and the use of the forgotten realm... mathmatics.

I did not bother getting the new shorty spring sets to test because I did not use the other shorties that I have got. Instead I felt like doing the RC no no... and save money.

Coop

I might look slow but I am pretty fast
Old 09-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BDR

Peter and I messed around with it on carpet before we went to Yok. It aids turn-in and you will recognose it on the Losi also they use 2-3d on the front of their car.

It is a subtle change and gives a little more turn-in without having to go to kick-up to get the aggressiveness you are looking for.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Another Pic

Originally posted by gerrych
It is mainly used to protect the C-hubs from impacts. But make sure that there is no bind when you put it on. Adjust the length of the turnbuckle to make sure there is no bind.
Thanks a lot!

Take care
Old 09-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

I started good convo on the evo 3

STeve
Old 09-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

is there a website you guys know of to buy the square pieces? I like the center brace!
thanks
Old 09-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Allright guys. I'm looking at picking up one of those EVO 3 S's. What am I looking at doing to this thing for carpet? I've read about 20-30 pages. And I see countersinking the upper deck is nessesary for removing flex. Braces down the center. Anything else?

Also, what are the main differences between the "S" and non"S" and is there any carpet setups out there?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.