Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with Mugen MR-12

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
that's why i didnt ask you !! i need an engine that last for 2.5 years and a receiver pack last over 16 years !! do you have it?
Yuo know how it was in Russia before-you just can't buy hobby stuff at all, it was unavailable. So, if we get some stuff like battery, OPS or Rossi glow plug, we were took care of it very well and they were last forever. Simple glow plug might last 3-4 sesons, just use right set up, that's all, battery pack at list has to last 800-1000 cycles-it is about 8 years, so I am not surprize modellor has battery pack last that long. On the pic which I had engine with needle roller bearing in "Richey modefyed engines, is 3 seons old and it is almost in perfect condition. The are different ways to take care of stuff to keep it last a while. Just for example, fuel made by Blue thunder-I just was rebuilding it-piston isn't worn out a lot, but top surface is burnput due tothe warnish. I cut of almost .07mm to make sure that surface is clean. Couple more race that engine and it will be hole there.
By the way there is engines which can last more then 2.5 years (in resonble amount of usage).
Old 08-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Yuo know how it was in Russia before-you just can't buy hobby stuff at all, it was unavailable. So, if we get some stuff like battery, OPS or Rossi glow plug, we were took care of it very well and they were last forever. Simple glow plug might last 3-4 sesons, just use right set up, that's all, battery pack at list has to last 800-1000 cycles-it is about 8 years, so I am not surprize modellor has battery pack last that long. On the pic which I had engine with needle roller bearing in "Richey modefyed engines, is 3 seons old and it is almost in perfect condition. The are different ways to take care of stuff to keep it last a while. Just for example, fuel made by Blue thunder-I just was rebuilding it-piston isn't worn out a lot, but top surface is burnput due tothe warnish. I cut of almost .07mm to make sure that surface is clean. Couple more race that engine and it will be hole there.
By the way there is engines which can last more then 2.5 years (in resonble amount of usage).
I thought the KGB were into RC cars,if not you should have tried some of my friends in the mafia!

I don't think when talking about engines you can accurately measure usage by years.Someone can have a engine for 10 years but it's only been run a couple tanks. Better to talk about engine life by amount of litres through the engine.

Top Gun 777,

How do you have a plug that lasts that long and what % nitro you using?
Old 08-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

We simply need someone to come up with the R/C engine Odometer.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
I thought the KGB were into RC cars,if not you should have tried some of my friends in the mafia!

I don't think when talking about engines you can accurately measure usage by years.Someone can have a engine for 10 years but it's only been run a couple tanks. Better to talk about engine life by amount of litres through the engine.

Top Gun 777,

How do you have a plug that lasts that long and what % nitro you using?
Well, KGB was in RC stuff too-no surprize .
I can refer you to some big guys from mafia also, no problem at all, just tell them what your pain is and they will rip it off without anastesia!
You remember, I sad resonble amount of usage. I am meaning at list 18-20 hours of work. We count time, not a fuel usage, sorry.
We use 0% nitro, but it is even worse, pure methanol is burning hotter, faster and so. (Hope no discusion about it). Just make sure you got right mixture tuning and right head clearance. Adjust it accoding to weather condition, load etc. The statment like doesn't need change head clearnce if you switch from 20 to 30 % -totaly wrong, you might not notice tramendouce change, but belive me-it needs to be adjusted. BTW, I was using 80 %methanol and 20%castor oil 0% nitro on my son's MR12 -I love it, runs cooler and leaner (better milage).
I still under testing of fuel, it just another place where we can improve something. I am testing now oil from MOTORCYCLE racing-torturing one cheap engine.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
We simply need someone to come up with the R/C engine Odometer.
It is good idea!!!!!!! Why wouldn't you bring something to test?
Old 08-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Well, KGB was in RC stuff too-no surprize .
I can refer you to some big guys from mafia also, no problem at all, just tell them what your pain is and they will rip it off without anastesia!
You remember, I sad resonble amount of usage. I am meaning at list 18-20 hours of work. We count time, not a fuel usage, sorry.
We use 0% nitro, but it is even worse, pure methanol is burning hotter, faster and so. (Hope no discusion about it). Just make sure you got right mixture tuning and right head clearance. Adjust it accoding to weather condition, load etc. The statment like doesn't need change head clearnce if you switch from 20 to 30 % -totaly wrong, you might not notice tramendouce change, but belive me-it needs to be adjusted. BTW, I was using 80 %methanol and 20%castor oil 0% nitro on my son's MR12 -I love it, runs cooler and leaner (better milage).
I still under testing of fuel, it just another place where we can improve something. I am testing now oil from MOTORCYCLE racing-torturing one cheap engine.
I will take this discussion to the engine thread,interesting.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

I will take this discussion to the engine thread,interesting.
Which one?
Old 08-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Engine wars!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Engine wars!
I don't see any new topics there!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

check now,i quoted your post!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Everybody:

Thanks for the discussion. I will be buying a new conrod and checking my other engines for conrod bushing wear.

Hola Paul:

I won't be able to make it to Levittown this weekend. I am visiting with my son in Atlanta. I hope to see you at Isabela next week.

Jose
Old 08-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally posted by joseviejo
Hi Everybody:

Thanks for the discussion. I will be buying a new conrod and checking my other engines for conrod bushing wear.

Hola Paul:

I won't be able to make it to Levittown this weekend. I am visiting with my son in Atlanta. I hope to see you at Isabela next week.

Jose
That's OK, my friend, enjoy your trip and have fun, See you at Isabela I'll be running an Impact there, so wish me good luck, hehehhe!! let's see how it performs!!

Ciao!!
Old 09-01-2003, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Can i please have the stock needle setting for the needles for a Mugen MR12 please!
Old 09-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default mr 12

i have a MR12 3-port bored carb and have never had any trouble with it it runs very fast