Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I have not ran the 1/8 scale yet, but in sedan the yellow show is more aggressive than the black. The red is similar to the yellow, but I think is last a little longer. I will be running/testing 1/8 starting this weekend and will answer questions as I can.

DJ Apolaro
Yes...you are going to run 960 and 720 with us @ Byron Race...yes, it is a MUST, make sure to remind Paolo....

Thanks for your tips about the clutch....
Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Yes...you are going to run 960 and 720 with us @ Byron Race...yes, it is a MUST, make sure to remind Paolo....

Thanks for your tips about the clutch....
I will most likely only run one class at that event. Sedan and Poalo will run 1/8

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Darint
. . . .
Have your tried the Serpent 903199 flyweights? Their a little lighter with the additional hole, which requires more rpm before they begin to push against the spring (centrifugal force) making the clutch a little more aggressive (snappy).

However, the nice thing is having a track with enough grip that allows you to lay down that aggressive clutch!
I'd also recommend giving the 903199 flyweights a try. I've got them on my 960 and you've got a little more flexibility with them over the standard. You can add in a grub screw or not. Serpent's web site explains them best:

One other thing that makes these shoes better is the way they pivot, so instead of trailing flyweight, these are pushed out making for a slightly more aggressive clutch. Each of the 3 weights in the set also features a second hole into which the user can screw in a grub screw. This allows the racer to further increase the aggression of the clutch as it engages.

Source: http://www.serpent.com/product/903199
Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by going4#1
I'd also recommend giving the 903199 flyweights a try. I've got them on my 960 and you've got a little more flexibility with them over the standard. You can add in a grub screw or not. Serpent's web site explains them best:

One other thing that makes these shoes better is the way they pivot, so instead of trailing flyweight, these are pushed out making for a slightly more aggressive clutch. Each of the 3 weights in the set also features a second hole into which the user can screw in a grub screw. This allows the racer to further increase the aggression of the clutch as it engages.

Source: http://www.serpent.com/product/903199
Rob,
Have you raced your 960? how was it?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Rob,
Have you raced your 960? how was it?
The car is built. It's already to go. I took her out to the track last weekend and . . . . IT RAINED. I got like 3 laps in.

But for the 3 laps, it was good . . .

Try again this weekend.

Rob
Old 05-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone purchased and installed the 903253 OS1 rear upgrade set yet (or the full upgrade set for that matter)?

I'm wondering if it came with everything needed to do the upgrade of the rear from '07 to '08. I still can't find a parts listing for what comes in 903253, but there is a picture now. I don't see, for example, the pillow ball for the top of the upright (903273) in the 903253 picture. Maybe it's in the kit but not the picture?

I have to special order all my Serpent parts, so I don't want to miss something like this and have to pay shipping twice.

If anyone has experience with the upgrade kits, please ease my fears and possibly save me $6 in shipping.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:41 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Walt
I don't see, for example, the pillow ball for the top of the upright (903273) in the 903253 picture. Maybe it's in the kit but not the picture?

I do see it in the picture.....
Old 05-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, you're right. Upon closer inspection maybe those black parts in the 'center row' on either end are the pivot balls... I was expecting to see a non-black part for the balls.

In any case, my question is still out there... did anyone install the kit already and did it come with everything they needed?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

hi,
903273 are in the kits.
only 1 problem serpent is out of them already 2 weeks new ones are on there way think (hope) end of next week.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

on another note, i ordered the new 960 08 kit about a month ago. the retailer said they would not be shipped out to the US until the first week of this month, (as also said by the serpent website) which should be about now. does anyone know when the sets will reach the states (if they havent already)? im probably as anxious as many who have ordered one or are hoping to buy a new 08 that missed the first batch.

im also wondering if anyone has noticed something interesting on the serpent info page that mentions the arrival of the 960 08 kits? on the picture of the 08 model, the wheels are silver in color, does that mean that they will be outfitted with os2 wheels that are similar in offset to the mugen/kyosho wheels, or is that just a minor picture difference that probably means nothing?

i know the US 960 08 kits are supposed to come with both os1 and os2 hubs but it could be possible they are switching the wheels to match os2 as well? i noticed a few pages back that the first batchh of 08s had the classic neon-collored wheels.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Last week here was a batch ready and is already complete sold out .
we have some kits left

all our back-orders are send out to our customers already.
when the kits will reach US i do not know.
but like what happend the last few months it will take a time again for the next batch. to produce
M
Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Walt
Yeah, you're right. Upon closer inspection maybe those black parts in the 'center row' on either end are the pivot balls... I was expecting to see a non-black part for the balls.

In any case, my question is still out there... did anyone install the kit already and did it come with everything they needed?
Yeah, I got the full upgrade kit yesterday (cheers Border-RC) and installed it all today. It included everything required (infact it included an extra axle shim as two of them were stuck together). I'm pleased how easily it all slotted together.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Jakarta Open 2008

Hi guys,
anyone from Indonesia running 960-08 at the JITC this weekend??
This is my 1st time to race there..
Can please share some setup tips and gear ratio?

from what i see the start and the end of the main straight is a sweeper... must be so much fun i'm from Malaysia... we'll be there thursday night and start to practice on friday if possible...
thanks in advance..

ck
Old 05-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm just about at the end of the build of my 960'08.
The only big annoyance in the kit was the left carbon brace. The slot for the belt tensioner is WAY too narrow to fit the part and the hole for the spacer (where the left bearing goes) is also too small. I had to enlarge both to mount the parts (and they are still a very tight fit). There's no way they would've gone in without enlarging.

Is this just my kit or is it widespread ?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just saw the news on Serpents website on Salven winning in Germany..Whats up with the wheels on his car--they look like Mugen's. Does this mean an update for the 960?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.