Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Thought I'd let you guys know we finally finished R&D, production and track testing on our new chassis design for the Nitro TC3. Just got to get the packaging sorted out to begin shipping. Here's a look, email me if you need more info. [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!-echassis1.jpg  
Old 06-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Originally posted by Jim Reeves
Thought I'd let you guys know we finally finished R&D, production and track testing on our new chassis design for the Nitro TC3. Just got to get the packaging sorted out to begin shipping. Here's a look, email me if you need more info. [email protected]
Do you plan to make one for Ofna LD3? It is a beautiful craftmanship, or should I call it an art work?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

That looks nice, what's the damage on the chassis?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Can't really discuss that here, don't want to get thrown off the forum. Drop me an email and I'll get back to you after work. Jim
Old 06-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

WOW! That one nice chassis! How much would it cost?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Found it on eBay early this morning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=44017&rd=1

Man what a great piece of work.

How does the steering servo mount work?

-Jeff
Old 06-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

170 is a lot of money
Old 06-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the hobby is alot of money..

that chassis is cheap for the money...
Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Harry, we know it's expensive. Truth is they're very expensive to make and probably won't sell alot because of that, I just don't want you guys to think we'll get rich on them cause we won't. Once we started the process we decided to see it through. The Chassis wasn't designed to be pretty, it's designed to improve the performance of the car. It puts the weight below the axles where it helps stability instead of adding roll. The center is offset to improve the balance. The servo is stood up to eliminate the bind in the linkage to the swing rack. The spine and side walls eliminate torsional flexing and protect the fuel tank. What's all that mean? A car that goes where you point it, stays planted in the corners under power AND under braking.
Bottom line is we're just 3 racers who have access to the equipment and the knowledge to get this far. We make them to improve our lap times and to improve yours.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Do you plan to make one for Ofna LD3? It is a beautiful craftmanship, or should I call it an art work?
Hey Eddie, no plans for any other designs right now. I personally haven't ever seen a LD3 other than in the Mags.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Originally posted by Jim Reeves
Hey Eddie, no plans for any other designs right now. I personally haven't ever seen a LD3 other than in the Mags.
I've seen it driven by an OFNA team driver for months already. Thought it was already out to the market. Pretty much like NTC3. Perhaps, just a few tweaks here and there, your chassis maybe good for it, too! Man... It's just so beautiful.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Amazing........

I agree it is a work of art. One question though, since the steering servos has been changed over to a stand up design what modification will this entail in order to properly get the oem steering rack to work. I am correct with my assumption that the front servo mounts are a stand up design, I hope?
Old 06-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Your right, the servo stands up, only it's upside down with the servo arm at 90 degrees to the servo body when centered. This puts the arm, linkage and steering rack on the same horizontal plane and eliminates the binding of the rack that can occur with the laid-down setup and the resulting vertical arc of the servo arm. I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can with the mounting close up. We debated doing this for a while, but after seeing several digital coreless servos actually melt down in the stock setup we decided to try it. We've found it really frees up the rack to the point where even a stock servo can swing the wheels with downward pressure on the suspension.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks....

for the quick response. I was going to get a new motor for the NTC3 but I think I, I might just purchase the chassis instead. Shoot me an e-mail or PM me for the details, payment terms, total with shipping, I might purchase one in 2 weeks just waiting to get some $ since I got busted by the wifey putting 4 gs on my credit card with all my rc stuff, LOL. Oh well, Looking at the design as well will this accept the K-Factory left side brace in place of the alloy ones?
Old 06-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

I emailed you X...

I'm sure the LD3 is out, nobody down here in the swamp is running them though. Pretty much NTC3's, 705's, VONER's and Reflex's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.