Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motonica coming

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's just like automobile market, some can afford the prancing horse other BMWs some like Mercedes and others TATA.

Many wish they can afford a Ferrari but their bank says they can only have an Accord. Some can afford to purchase a Ferrari but cant afford the maintenance.

That is why many settles for a Ford or Chevy and the likes.

Opinions are indeed like assholes arent they ?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:54 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

At the moment there are 2 Motonica's running in our Dutch Championship. (1 by Michel "the-border" and 1 by Daniel v/d D.)
All I can comment on the car, it looks planted....
Verry nice handling, BUT, Daniel, the Dutch top driver running the car (actually he is from Australia) is really a good driver.....
(He is on the right in this picture http://www.redrc.net/2007/04/milko-t...d-at-motonica/ )

He commented that the 8.0R is a lot better than the 8.0 was, which he ran last year, when we were teammates running for the same sponsor.....
so Motonica really changed a lot on the car, and now that they have contracted some of the best Italian drivers, they just might do nice on the upcoming worlds.....
Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
He commented that the 8.0R is a lot better than the 8.0 was, which he ran last year, when we were teammates running for the same sponsor.......
Any comment on the plastic durability, especially on those arms with "rollerballs". I am afraid that those arms, upper or lower, front or rear have to change quite frequent, once popped.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:34 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Don't know... but I also think it is not a "crash resistant" car.....
Old 04-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by devious17
It's just like automobile market, some can afford the prancing horse other BMWs some like Mercedes and others TATA.

Many wish they can afford a Ferrari but their bank says they can only have an Accord. Some can afford to purchase a Ferrari but cant afford the maintenance.

That is why many settles for a Ford or Chevy and the likes.

Opinions are indeed like assholes arent they ?
that aint no ferrari.firstly,ferrari have been around for a long time.secondly,they proved themselves decades ago.thirdly,u know what u are paying for."a very fast drive in a wheel barrow"i would know.drove in quite a few.anyways,MOTONICA still need to feature in the '07' worlds.even if they do win it,it does not justify their prices.hey,its just my opinion. cheers guys.bye the way,im a big ferrari supporter and fan of the F1 and road cars.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by feroz
that aint no ferrari.firstly,ferrari have been around for a long time.secondly,they proved themselves decades ago.thirdly,u know what u are paying for."a very fast drive in a wheel barrow"i would know.drove in quite a few.anyways,MOTONICA still need to feature in the '07' worlds.even if they do win it,it does not justify their prices.hey,its just my opinion. cheers guys.bye the way,im a big ferrari supporter and fan of the F1 and road cars.
Agreed!! However, Ferrari or not, expensive or not, sometimes to be different it cost a bit more. Plus some cars, for example my Slide. Well it's spendy at first, however it NEVER requires one aftermarket hop up. It's 100% out of the box with the best of everything from the getgo. Not sure about the Motonica, but honestly $700.00 dollars is not that expensive. I have seen some of the Kyosho's going for about $640 with there revisions of hopups. So I don't understand why peole trip on the price of this car. Hell, I've seen $700 dolar JP modded engines and people don't complain. They just don't buy it and get what is in there buget. You of all people should know that budgets are different for people if your into F1. These are in a very different racing budget compaired to other forms of racing. So an extra $100 bucks or so for an 1:8th scal isn't that much. I've hear that the newer Serpent 960 '07 is going to be close to $600 bucks. So it's really not that far off.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well guys, I just ordered one! SWEET!!! I should have it in about 2 week or so when they store gets them in. Just couldn't wait!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Well guys, I just ordered one! SWEET!!! I should have it in about 2 week or so when they store gets them in. Just couldn't wait!
Do you know witch one you ordered . 8.0 Or the Newer 8.0R .
Old 04-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got the grip
Do you know witch one you ordered . 8.0 Or the Newer 8.0R .
I ordered the newer 8.0r version for sure.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

thats Funny .I talked with them on the phone. & they did not know witch ones they were getting. At that price I would bet it is the older pr8.0. .. The Newer one is aroud $980.00
Old 04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got the grip
thats Funny .I talked with them on the phone. & they did not know witch ones they were getting. At that price I would bet it is the older pr8.0. .. The Newer one is aroud $980.00
Well honestly I just talked with one of my racing partners that lives about 60 minutes from me. We've been talking together about the Motonica after I mentioned it to him. He's knows Richy personally from Brooklyn Hobbies, and he called up Richy just a bit ago and ordered one for us both to check out because my buddy isn't sure about the car. He just doesn't know anything about the Motonica, never even seen a picture of it. So he actually talked with Richy, I didn't. I assumed that it would be the 8.0R version. Also I have been talking to some folks over seas and they have been pointing me in the direction of getting the car much cheaper then $980 dollars. Don't get me wrong, I hear what you are saying, but bottom line if it is not the 8.0R version, then I won't bother. I'll make sure he doesn't even send it out, because this is not the car I want. I understand they made a couple of versions, even the 2WD. So I can't honestly say what version I am getting. Regardless I will end up with the "R" version even if I need to get it over seas. So I'm really not tripping on it. But with a few personal emails I have recieved from good resources, $680 USD is very realistic for the "R" version, otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered. But it is up in the air with what version it is if the Hobby Store doesn't even know what they're getting.

Last edited by Serpentd; 04-24-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Congradulations on your purchase! You will be a major fact finder on this car.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

$680 isn't all that unreasonable compared to what we initially thought it would cost, but I'd be hesitant to pay a premium for an "unproven" kit with no local parts support. Still, it's an awesome car for those of us nuts that absolutely have to be the first on their block with something
Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Brooklynhobbies is getting the 8.0R version in. If anybody wants one you need to call Richie. Their websites say's they are getting them in but there is no options to purchase or put a hold on one on the site.

-- Wario
Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

simply call the shop & rich will let you know about parts all the kits he carrys he always have parts to support the kits he is a racer just like all of us. I never had a problem getting parts form there especially when it's a new kit etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.