Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shocker360
Hi John,
I have been busy and haven't been on the compute lately. I've had to catch up on the thread and see you got a CRF engine. Good deal! Anyway, what type of glow ignitor are you using? I had the same experience with a variable power glow ignitor and it malfunctioned and started to burn up the element in the glow plug. All of the plugs showed no signs of carbon or other fouling, until further examination, the element in fact melted at the bottom. Good luck with your new engine, and I hope to check back later.
finally found the culprit...it the hopup option metal pulley came loosen with driven shaft cause the car move like engine/clutch problem-my fault thought with thread lock should be ok, then I try to loosen the the clutch spring adjust nut too much after fine tune - no more plug fail but my thrust bearing burst due to the super engine power rev and lost all 3 centrifugal shoes (spent an hr at the track - only found it when I reach home as rushing home for work)and damaged the clutch shoe...cost me another SGD$41.50...

will tried again this sat...this time I have one full day to try it...as everytime rushing within 1-2 hrs for testing due to work...

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jr-mods
hey evry1 i am new to this forum and stuff so just getting used to it. i got a gpx4pro just two days ago and i was looking at a nosram 12 speed nitro motor wat dose evry1 think about theses motors are they good???
if u have budget, get the OS tz 5 port
Old 04-02-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
John, have you been to CRF Orion site as there has been carby setting /plug issue with motors.
Thanks VC, I will go there to read it...sign..should have review there before getting new engine...
Old 04-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Thanks 350 for info. I havent been looking hard enough as my catalogue ony has red spring,yellow and electric bue colour. A few members at the track are convincing me to go for G4S when I upgrade to Pro class but with results like yours im leaning back to GPX4. I currently have RTR version and with good set up last race broke my lap record by 0.8 sec. What were you racing against car wise?
I am the only one with a GPX4, but mainly MTX-3's, MTX-4's, Serpent 720's. This car is capable of running with the big dogs but there are a lot of things that need to be done in order to make the car competitive. 1 smooth out the transmission, 2 getting better belts, 3 free up all pivot points.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Don't lie!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have destroyed the fast lap times....

Guys he went from 27 and 28 laps in 5 minutes to running a 32 laps pace in the main. He only slowed at the end because his fuel guy didn't fill it all the way and he had 2nd place about 10 feet in front of him.

Damn 350 you have that car and motor flying yesterday. I might just stay in retirement after seeing you performance on the track!!!!!

Great job 350!!!!!
Thanks Joe. That Picco/ Ofna motor hasn't even broke in yet. A few more weekends, I can't wait.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by three50zx
I am the only one with a GPX4, but mainly MTX-3's, MTX-4's, Serpent 720's. This car is capable of running with the big dogs but there are a lot of things that need to be done in order to make the car competitive. 1 smooth out the transmission, 2 getting better belts, 3 free up all pivot points.
The track I race at is mainly G4S,MTX4,RRR and occasional 720, Ive replaced side belt and rear with MTX3 belt and when I roll car there id definately some resistance other than brake. Your third point is that steering only as Ive got decent Hitec Servo and all other hinge points not bad i.e. susp arms. I was going to work my Hobao motor but in our sports class not allowed. Then I might be able to keep up with V one S 3 cars as they are about 1 sec quicker if my motor worked........?????
Old 04-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I just sold my GPX4 away, but I still have a great set of NIP spare-parts for sale @ reasonable price: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157991

Tommi.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone have problems with the diffs leaking from the set screw in the housing? It seems like all the GPX4's around here are having this same issue...
Old 04-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OleC
Does anyone have problems with the diffs leaking from the set screw in the housing? It seems like all the GPX4's around here are having this same issue...
Yes I do too especially with diff oil less than 50K. HELP!!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks to all for advice on this thread. I have reduced my lap time at my local track from I think 20.004 from beginning of year to about 18.441 seconds personal best on med grip track today prior to rain. Hyper 12 motor running very well and car on good day can catch / keep up with local guns running TOP/ Novarossi's in Kyosho V One S 3's. Can Hobao top their current cars in future?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OleC
With the issue of the leaks at the set screw. when assembling your diff make sure that the set screw goes in or turns into the diff housing straight and centered. You can easily install the set screw at an angle. Also to prevent any leaks use RTV gasket maker on the screws as well as the set screw. make sure not to overtighten the screws.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks, I'll try that. Weird problem though... Would almost suspect the hole beeing just a tad too big.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

hi guys
Maybe this is mentioned before but over the weekend i spoke to a buddy who was getting hes GPX4 setup at the Nats and we were looking at different options for the front end.I loan him a G4S 32T front spool and it fits.The front oneway on the GPX4 is also 32T.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobao GPX4

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great tips, I have been running the car for 6 months and thanks to Razzor who told me of this wonderful site, I can now improve this already great car.

Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated, please pm me.

Thanks

Dale
Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Welcome Dale to Rctech

Sure you will get all the info you need and more on this forum.
Theres a lot of helpful guys so i hope you like a sponge and can absorb all the info available cause there is a L O T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.