Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Joel- Just pick up the regular KO version. The comp II is noticably punchier than the original comp and I dont think Hara's version is out yet. Since it doesnt clash with your jobpaint the regular KO should be dialed. The only difference is the colors and possibly the stock setting, which you would want to change anyway since you run stock foam and not mod rubber on giant tracks in hot weather. See you on Tuesday.

-Mark
Old 12-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Has anyone had the chance to try the new VFS-1 Pro Comp version 2 yet? If so, was it using ib4200WCE cells with low wind motors (7t)? I would be very interested in feedback as I am just about to order one to replace my exisiting VFS-1 Pro Comp.

Thanks in advance.

Leonard.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The only reason I was considering the hara was the price difference. I think I'll just wait a bit and sell some stuff to pay for the regular.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

We have been running the new version esc with 4200's WC and 7x1 V2's with great sucsess.... also with komodo dragon 19t.... just make sure you change the profile between stock/19t and when you run Mod......
Old 12-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stormperson
Joel- Just pick up the regular KO version. The comp II is noticably punchier than the original comp and I dont think Hara's version is out yet.
-Mark
I got the Hara version from Tower 2-3 weeks ago. You need to look it up under "HotBodies Twister 2.2"

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPVN9&P=7

Last edited by Stein Tumert; 12-29-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Is there any comparision feed back between the twister 2.1 and the 2.2 in terms of performance? (Has it made the car any faster? run at a lower temperature?)

The 2.1 has a higher temp cut off than the 2.0, but does the 2.2 actually have no temp cut off?

How about paper specifics? what is the difference? I have a twister 2.1 (just wondeirng about the differences.)
Old 01-04-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
We have been running the new version esc with 4200's WC and 7x1 V2's with great sucsess.... also with komodo dragon 19t.... just make sure you change the profile between stock/19t and when you run Mod......

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have anymore details (ie. have you noticed that it runs cooler? does it feel different to the vfs-1 pro comp - in default setting? does the version 2 come with recommended profiles for stock, 19t and mod? or is it like the standard vfs-1 where all the drive freq are the same?

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Leonard.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have the Twister 2.2 running dirt oval. We run wide open most of the time in stock, maybe blipping the throttle as you enter the turn. No more than a split second if the track is slick and not at all sometimes.

I've read though most but not all of the post here, so if I missed something, please forgive me.

As I understand it I will want to have the profile set to a very low number throughout the entire range of steps? Or do I lose top speed if the top end is turned down too much? Originally I thought that the lower number would not hurt actual speed, just efficiency, is this correct? What about the other settings that can be changed, would it be different for my application?

Planning to plug it into the computer in the next coulpe of days and any light you guys can shed on my situation would be great. I know it is somewhat different from touring cars and road courses, but should be similar to a carpet oval setup.

Thanks for any info that is provided.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stetler17
I have the Twister 2.2 running dirt oval. We run wide open most of the time in stock, maybe blipping the throttle as you enter the turn. No more than a split second if the track is slick and not at all sometimes.

I've read though most but not all of the post here, so if I missed something, please forgive me.

As I understand it I will want to have the profile set to a very low number throughout the entire range of steps? Or do I lose top speed if the top end is turned down too much? Originally I thought that the lower number would not hurt actual speed, just efficiency, is this correct? What about the other settings that can be changed, would it be different for my application?

Planning to plug it into the computer in the next coulpe of days and any light you guys can shed on my situation would be great. I know it is somewhat different from touring cars and road courses, but should be similar to a carpet oval setup.

Thanks for any info that is provided.
having a lower number will give you a lower drive frequency which basically equates to:
- more punch (more torque, think larger gear on an 18 speed bicycle)
- more brush/comm wear

as you get near the end of the throttle profile, you would want a higher drive frequency which equates to:
- more efficiency
- cooler esc
- more top end/speed since the drive frequency is higher. (think smaller gear like on an 18 speed bicycle)

a lower number (using the bicycle example) will hurt your top speed since your esc will not be as efficient. (try going really fast on a larger gear on the same bicycle).

other settings you could experiement with would be:
- throttle response (using a value of 1 or 2... if you're smooth on the throttle helps maximize your battery's voltage and available power.)
- amp limiter (using max value, or turning it off).

check out the profiles for Hara or Masami for their 1/12th. they are always on the throttle and you'll see where they "blip" their throttle. might be helpful for using in dirt oval? hope that helps.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

I have the KO Hara 2.1 speedo and i have some questions about it.
Now there is the 2.2 version. is there some program update wich we can load into the 2.1 version with the interface cable to upgrade it?

Also i heard something about a lower bec setting with 4cell racing/spektrum. But is it better to set the bec also lower while using it in 5cell mod racing with spektrum? If so wich Bec do you guys advise me to use.

Thanks for your help.
Arjen
Old 01-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Arjen
I have the KO Hara 2.1 speedo and i have some questions about it.
Now there is the 2.2 version. is there some program update wich we can load into the 2.1 version with the interface cable to upgrade it?

Also i heard something about a lower bec setting with 4cell racing/spektrum. But is it better to set the bec also lower while using it in 5cell mod racing with spektrum? If so wich Bec do you guys advise me to use.

Thanks for your help.
Arjen
Arjen

BEC voltage has been covered in this thread. but i forgot which page. scroll up to the top..and click on "search this thread". and you'll see the recommended voltage settings from Robert (a Ko Propo USA representative.)
Old 01-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Hebiki,

That is a big help, as I understood it wrong.

Can I find the Hara and Masami profiles in this thread?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Stetler17
Thanks Hebiki,

That is a big help, as I understood it wrong.

Can I find the Hara and Masami profiles in this thread?
you're welcome. glad i could help. you can find masami's and hara's 1/12th profiles here.

http://www.kopropo.com/vfs_help.htm

Old 01-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

hebiki i got a question for you
for touring car 19turn should the curent limiter be on or off i am using the tight track 19 turn profile on the ko site and under curent limiter it says 12 is that step 12 if thats the case it means off but i am not sure let me know thanks.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

I am not hebiki, but i think 12 means the limiter is off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.