Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Iam english we work indegree centigrade now
115f is about 45c
Old 09-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smoking,

I'm English too, and I think you mean celcius. I prefer Fahrenhiet, but then I'm old school.

Chris
Old 09-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Don't have the screen saver turned on - or any other power managment turned on so I don't know why I am getting the error.

Not really a problem though because I tend to import the data into Excel and compare different packs/cells in there.

Just started charging my brand new Reedy Realtime packs (3300mAH). I am charging at 3A with 0.02V peak (for pack) - the Reedy instructions recomend 3 mV/cell or 18 mV/pack- and I am getting well over 4200 mAH at a peak temp of 45C - the packs weren't discharged or equalised first. Would sometimes get a false peak after about 2 mins of charging but would re-start and then no problems.

Will repeak and then discharge test each pack later and analyse the results.

Any advice on long term care of these packs? I have just got my ICS through from Pro-Trak. Any problems in taking Reedy RT's (GP3300's) to 0 Volts on the ICS?
Old 09-24-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Billy,

Check out mt website, i give my method for looking after cells there -

http://www.citlink.net/~kpngtrak/CDAT_Home.htm

The only thing you need to be careful of is when you do it thats all, don't do it too soon, equalise the night before you race.

4200 is pretty good but you will always get a high reading for the very first charge. When you equalise you will continue to get a high reading. 4200-4300 is what I get in my 3300's

Chris
Old 09-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

C_E

Please accept my ignorance about the Pro-Trak and NiMH Battery Charging/Maintenance

Just checked out your website - I had looked even before buying the Pro-Trak - Wouldnt setting the Delta to 0.06 for a 6 cell pack give a per cell delta of 0.01 V or 10 mV when the recommended value on the GP Data sheet is between 0 and 5 mV per cell so the maximum that they recomend would be 0.03V for the pack.

Still getting clipboard problems mainly when I an surfing the net - one just popped up now - Graph gets screwed but the data is alright.

Equalising - Nosram Gravity Discharge - to 0.7V/cell or ICS 0.0V/cell Which is best?

Sorry to be a pain.

Psycho
Old 09-25-2005, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Psycho,

A Monitor program uses clipboard, when making voltage into graph. In many cases, a problem should not be generated. Even when a problem occurs, since data is recorded correctly, after it saves data, it can be recalled by the monitor program.

Supposing you have changed option of a monitor program, I will recommend returning it to a standard setup. ie..

o Interval --> Manual
o PC Spec --> Low
o You should not push the update button frequently. Whenever this button is pushed, load is applied to your PC. In Low spec PC, this may become a problem.

Thank you,
Old 09-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

3.4 GHz Pentium 4 HT processor , 1 GB Ram, 1 x 200GB Sata and 1x 200 GB Firewire HDD Radeon X800 , XP Media Center Edition SP2 - LOW SPEC PC?

As I have said previously I load the data into Excel and compare results for different packs etc so the clip board problem doesn't really matter.

Very useful bit of software well done Kiyano.

We develop software for medical devices using VB.Net and C# under XP Embedded and write code for PIc 17xx and 18Xx microcontrollers in Assembler and C.

Looks like most of the info comes across from the Pro-Trak as plain text over the RS232 link. I take it that the comms is purely Prot-trak to PC and no commands can be sent from the PC to the Pro-Trak.

We do a lot of RPC comms between the Embedded PC's and Microcontollers.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know what´s about the Protrak website? I can´t access the site anymore.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Im eyeing a charger up on ebay, pro trak 9.09 and it says the discharge FET has blown, would I be able t fix it or would it have to be sent in to you guys, if so what would the charge be to fix it?
Old 10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Crow,

You would have to send it in.

check out this website for details.

http://www.citlink.net/~kpngtrak/CDAT_Home.htm
Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Im in the UK. The uk site doesntseem to be working
Old 10-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

working now

house move and web host didn't move account to new address
Old 10-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by crimson eagle
4. Step Charging (Multi Phasic Charge Mode, MPCM) On your version yes I think you need to hold down key six but I'm not too familiar with how it worked on those versions. However, I use 5/7/5 amps for the phases and I use hard pulse in the center phase set to 30%. It seems to give a little more run time. Once you get the MPCM set go to the set up menu and scroll through the options to set your changeover points. To set the currents, try hitting key 5 from the main charge/Discharge menu.
Chris
Ran a 19t all weekend @ the Crewe 12th scale National here in the UK just gone as I was testing Multi Phasic Charge Mode on PT charger. Geared up the 19t as Glyn @ BRM Racing Ended up on just shy of 62mmpr on 3700’s. Unable to feel a benefit of using Multi Phasic Charge Mode although data on their website says there’s a difference.

Settings used were
5/7/5 L/L/L

tried varying the mah lockout's and pulse setting

I'll have another go this weekend @ TRCC all being well
Old 10-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Radio,

Change the center phase to hard pulse and see if you can feel a difference. The difference is small but it's there. Doesn't work for IB cells though.

Chris
Old 10-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by crimson eagle
Radio,

Change the center phase to hard pulse and see if you can feel a difference. The difference is small but it's there. Doesn't work for IB cells though.

Chris
previous post should have read

Settings used were 5/7/5 L/h/L

fact I couldn't feel it may have been masked by the fact I was changing the mmpr each run.

I'll power up the PT and let you know settings as I changed the middle phase lockouts also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.