Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi, I know this has been asked and answered before but I cant find it in the back pages of this thread. In the setup sheets of the PROS, they put in their droop as "5mm above ride height" or "2mm above ride height", how do you measure droop this way as stated? Thanks for your help guys
ok, let me see if i can explain this, first set you ride hieght, lets say it is 5mm

now, you hold the tires down, and lift at the shock tower, mesure the ride hieght, say you get 10mm, that is dropp 5mm over ride hieght, to lower the droop, just tighten the droop screws till you get the right ##.

matt
Old 05-23-2005, 06:19 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by mr. losi
ok, let me see if i can explain this, first set you ride hieght, lets say it is 5mm

now, you hold the tires down, and lift at the shock tower, mesure the ride hieght, say you get 10mm, that is dropp 5mm over ride hieght, to lower the droop, just tighten the droop screws till you get the right ##.

matt
You got it!!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Less inboard toe out??

Hey all,

Whats the affect on handling from going from 1-deg inboard front toe out vs 0 degree inboard toe. Please explain from corner entry to exit. Assume that toe-out on wheels and turning circles are unchanged.

Also-what are you guys runnnig carpet/foam running for the downtravel stops fron and rear and why?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 05-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default sway bar issues?

I tried using the sway bars for the first time this weekend. Has anyone noticed that the thinest of the sway bars (not sure which size that is) doesn't seem to work with the ball mounts? My grub screws simply wouldn't screw down far enough to make it useable.

This was the case with all four ball mounts from two different packs, so I can only assume this was something they knew about. Why include a sway bar that can't be used?

Any tips on how to get it to work?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by mr. losi

matt
I'm a little confused then, how does this method translat to the use of "droop guages" such as the one that was included with out kits?

For example, using the method you discribed, I get a droop measurement of "6" (5mm normal ride height and 11mm lifted ride hieght).

But when I used the Losi gauge that was included with the kit, the arms hang to the number 2. How do those numbers translate between each other, or do they not translate not at all. Meaning you either use the lift method or you use the guage method?

Also, since the Losi setup sheet shows a pic of the guage on it, does that mean we should use the guage when putting the numbers in?

Hope I didn't lose you in here,<my head is spinning> but a buddy asked me to make a set up sheet from my race this weekend and I want to make sure I have this droop thing correctly listed.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I tried using the sway bars for the first time this weekend. Has anyone noticed that the thinest of the sway bars (not sure which size that is) doesn't seem to work with the ball mounts? My grub screws simply wouldn't screw down far enough to make it useable.

This was the case with all four ball mounts from two different packs, so I can only assume this was something they knew about. Why include a sway bar that can't be used?

Any tips on how to get it to work?
I had the same problem as well. 2 solutions came to miind, putting in somehitng else to put pressure on the small bar, or to use my tc3 sway bar mounting stuff i had left in the box, the tc3 parts won out, and my bar seems fine.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
But when I used the Losi gauge that was included with the kit, the arms hang to the number 2. How do those numbers translate between each other, or do they not translate not at all. Meaning you either use the lift method or you use the guage method?
You could figure out a cconversion if you always use the same size tire..ex. rubber.

With an always changing diameter foam thiss would not really work id imagine.

Your best bet is to pick the method that works better for you.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Darkseid-it doesnt matter which one you use as long as you note that you you used above ride height in the notes section as the pros have done on there sheets. I think if you run rubber tires-droop gauge is fine as you dont chnage ti that often. But on foam tires-above ride heiight is much better.

What I do when I have time between heats is I set my droop via uptravel (above ride height)-then pull off the wheels and shocks and use the droop gauge to make sure I set the droop evenly side to side. I am usually a little off. This car seems ultra sensitive to droop settings side to side so be sure to be exact.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Does anyone know the part# to the decal sheet of the Skoda Body that comes with the kit or any other way to get it?

Thanks,
Old 05-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Regional Moderator

Thanks for the answers guys.

I got one more answer to bug you guys for.

I don't have digital calipers, so could someone list the sizes of the sway bars with the numbers and also list them as thinnest to thickest.

For example:

<insert number>-thinnest
<insert number>-next thick
<insert number>-next thick
<insert number>-thickest

Thanks guys...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Does anyone know the part# to the decal sheet of the Skoda Body that comes with the kit or any other way to get it?

Thanks,
I do not-but if you want to buy my Skoda body and sticker sheet-I'll make ya a good deal. I only run Parma Alfa bodies.

PM me if interested.
Ray
Old 05-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Thanks for the offer Ray, but when I got the car used, the decals were missing. Just wanted to complete the body. Doesn't look like I'll own another.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Default BK Brackets

Todge,
Will the BK Brackets be available at the Reedy?
Thanks,
E
Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Thanks for the offer Ray, but when I got the car used, the decals were missing. Just wanted to complete the body. Doesn't look like I'll own another.
No problem-I too wont run it.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Darkseid, the smallest sway bars will work, but you need to run the set screw all the way and then back out before trying to install in on the bar end. The threads are cut, but the threads are a little rough in the end of the hole, so a pre-threading is needed to avoid tweaking the bar.

I got some good set up time on the car this past weekend. Alot of rear traction had to come out of the car to drop the lap times. The kit set up is super easy to drive around, like a caddy, but I was more worried about the F1 style handling instead, LOL.

I raised the rear inner camber ballstud to #2?(top middle hole), layed the rear shocks in one hole(from kit set up) to #2, went to 15 lb spring in back, added .050 shims under front arm mounts to raise the front roll center and went up to the third sway bar in back, along with second up front(thin to thick). I ran a VERY tight front diff, with a center spool. Everything else was stock set up.
Now I just need the spool stuff and some more testing time........Car was excellent and feels like it will continue to get better!.....Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.