Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimatehobbies.com questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Ultimatehobbies.com questions

Anyone order from them online? Any feedback? They appear to have some great prices (almost too good).

I am still unsure as to whether the online ordering system is secure?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have ordered from them a few times and there prices are just that good.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I was unsure about their website also, so I called them and they gave me a completely different price. They said if I wanted the internet price, I had to use their web site. They assured me that they never had any problems with security. I used the site and it worked but, I was deffinately concerned because none of my browsers show that site as being a secure site.

I worked for me but, I am sure there is a chance of security problems.

Good Luck
Old 01-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Even if you just do a phone order they are still the lowest price hobby shop in the usa! if you'r worried about the security of the webiste just order something cheap that you need, they have been there for over 30 yr's i personally shop there for everything i get
Old 01-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
you cant go wrong with online ordering or even just walking in the store .. there great with there customers and there prices are that good ..
Old 01-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

I ordered something from them online Friday and I too noticed the lack of the "secured site" lock thing on the browser. I decided to risk it, but I'll be watching my credit card balance online. Call me paranoid!

I got a giggle out of the above poster saying that Ultimate Hobbies hasn't had a problem with security. Well, we're the one's risking our credit by sending it unencrypted across the Internet!

Ah well, hope my stuff comes soon. They had a great price!
Old 01-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Charlie O
they have been there for over 30 yr's
30?? are you sure about that...maybe more like 18-20years...... because I still remember when Cliff and his father Opened there 1st shop next to the Target Back in the Day...but since then they have moved to the HUGE place next to the Mall
Old 01-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Ultimate hobbies is good except for their website. The website may make people think that they are not legit. I ordered from them two weeks ago and it was fine.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

They are the greatest people, I buy all my rc gear from them but not online I go to their store personally and trust me they have the best prices period
Old 01-02-2005, 09:06 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

I will answer this thread, to the best of my ability. If I can't answer your question I will find an answer from someone who can.

I work there and I have a lot of information avalible to me. I will do everything i can to help our customers and the R/C community.

Reguarding the website, it is somewhat in a work in process. It will certainly be improved in the next several months.

Although we have never had an incident of fraud. phone orders can be a better way of doing business with us at this time. It ensures you get exactly what you want, and any part we have in stock can be added to your order. you could even call us up and order 50 dollers in say tc4 parts and have them shipped to you for free. The system will improve. thank you everyone for your patience and support.

There are special internet prices, on holidays ONLY, and these prices are only avalible on the internet.

On non-holidays we offer special in-store prices, which are avalible to anyone who walks through our doors or calls us.

history::: the store opened in 1987

It has grown far beyond it's capacity, we will be moving to a new (larger) location sometime this year.

Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Will you be selling the JRXS and any idea when they may be in?
Old 01-02-2005, 09:14 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Originally posted by weaponx
Will you be selling the JRXS and any idea when they may be in?
Yes!!! We will be selling it.

The last word Horizon told us was, last week of January, first week of February.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:11 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Thank you

I want to thank everyone for there Business this past weekend. It was an enormous sucess, sales greatly exceeded our expectations. So much so our shipping department may need an extra day to get your order to you. But I assure you they are working diligently, and all your orders will be filled and shipped as soon as possible.

-Ultimate Hobbies
Old 01-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

TCR - Thank you for addressing our concerns about the web site security. I hope the web update goes smoothly.

Looks like my item was charged to the credit card today so I'm not seeing a shipping department lag! Woop!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

since you guys are dealing with horizon for the jrxs, will you carry the spektrum as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.