Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hypercells

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hypercells

tell me what you think. im looking at purchasing some.

http://www.hypercells.com/page4.html
Old 12-05-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use them and they rock. Best prices around for the numbers. I have seen some awsome 1.17 packs he has. Am planning on getting 6 more packs this week for Snowbirds. You will not be disappointed..

Gene Samuels
Team Schumacher
Hyper Cells
Old 12-05-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds good so far
Old 12-05-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

This is nother good cheap battery site www.maxamps.com i believe their GP3300 cells are 1.17s
Old 12-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

The cells look decent. Not sure if they are any good or not since I have never used them. Speedtech RC sells packs (by more well know matchers) with similar numbers for about the same price.
The only real reason that I am commenting on these cells is because I hate when matchers sell packs as this one does. Click on the link above and look at his "6 PRO V Cells." Look at the numbers on this pack. He matches them using run time only and not necessarly by voltage (assuming this image is representative of the packs he cells). He has cells in the same pack that run from 1.170 - 1.177. Drives me nuts!
Matchers that do this are probably small matchers and they don't go through as many cells as some of the larger matchers do. Therefore they might not have a choice and have to match using run time as the main consideration.

I am not saying this is bad...I just hate buying a pack and seeing the staggered numbers like this!
Old 12-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

It is way more important to match by run time than voltage. Your pack is only as good as the lowest run time of any individual cell, once that cell is done you aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

Every pack I see which is well matched for voltage according to the label - isn't. Two weeks ago I cycled some cells from one of the best matchers, the labels said 1.191. Only 1 of the cells was that good, 2 of them were 1.15x. Don't believe the hype, from ANYBODY. The only way you can know for sure is to check them out yourself.

Chris.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

I never said that runtime wasn't important. All I was talking about is that when I buy a 1.180 I WANT ALL THE CELLS IN THAT PACK TO BE 1.180 CELLS! I dont want a range of cells from 1.173 to 1.180...that's B.S!
In my opinion, if you are going to match packs, MATCH THE PACK! IMO, this pack is not matched. Cells in the pack should be matched by run time, voltage and IR. This is what I expect from my packs and what I pay for.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not trying to knock anyones product..but most matchers use a 5 amp charge..not 6 like Hyper does. Correct me if I am wrong but a higher charge rate can "boost" voltage numbers.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ko,

I understand perfectly what you said, all I am saying is don't believe the labels. Do you know for a fact that your 1.181 cells are what they are advertised to be? You can put anything on the label that you like, and maybe when the cells were cycled individually they even had those numbers (maybe not as well). I have cycled many packs. Not one of those packs have had the voltage within .007v lowest to highest. I know for a fact that you can do a lot of tricks to mess with the numbers of a cell. At best the numbers on the labels for voltage is an indicator and at worst (and I have seen them) they are a joke. Run time numbers tend to be more accurate (some of the time) as that is not too difficult to check by the average racer. And run time falls off badly after 15 runs or so, sometimes by as much as 30-40 seconds.

Chris

btw - No need to shout dude.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Butter,

Actually I'm not convinced of that. I did a study a little while ago and charged the same pack at 4 amps and 6 amps alternately, then averaged together the results and there was little to no difference. I would like to do more tests but I have have other things I want to do first.

I have details of other tests I have done on my website, multi phasic and hard pulse look like interesting ways to go.

http://www.citlink.net/~kpngtrak/CDAT_Home.htm

Chris
Old 12-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

yo guys, dont get angry. i was just wandering if hyper cells are good for club pro stock racing. mabe even the nats.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by crimson eagle
Ko,

I understand perfectly what you said, all I am saying is don't believe the labels. Do you know for a fact that your 1.181 cells are what they are advertised to be? You can put anything on the label that you like, and maybe when the cells were cycled individually they even had those numbers (maybe not as well). I have cycled many packs. Not one of those packs have had the voltage within .007v lowest to highest. I know for a fact that you can do a lot of tricks to mess with the numbers of a cell. At best the numbers on the labels for voltage is an indicator and at worst (and I have seen them) they are a joke. Run time numbers tend to be more accurate (some of the time) as that is not too difficult to check by the average racer. And run time falls off badly after 15 runs or so, sometimes by as much as 30-40 seconds.

Chris

btw - No need to shout dude.
LOL...when i use all caps, i am not yelling, just using strong emphasis

I understand the label game. I am with you with the many tricks that can be used to play with numbers. That's part of the reson I bought a Turbo matcher. Spend all this money on cells and no real good way to check and see if the numbers are what they appear.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have been running his ProV cells for a few months now, and I can honestly tell you that they are the best packs I have run -in both mod and 19t.- I will be using them at a few carpet events this year.
What he has told me is that he matches each cell over the course of two weeks rather than over two days, as some other matchers would do. He says that this gives the cell greater performance over a longer lifespan.
Buy with confidence, becuase my experience with his cells has been great. They hold great power through the race, especially compared to cells that I have ran in the past.

Arun Misra (hypercells team driver)
Old 12-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ko,

Yes it's difficult to verify what the labels say on cells. This is why I got the Pro trak some time ago now, it also works as my main charger too.

Chris.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 214 (100%+)

Runtime by far is most important to match cells by. .001 is 1/1000'th of a volt over the cell discharge. These are batteries for a hobby. If you think having a pack with 1.169 -1.175 is not as good as a pack with all 1.173 I think you are fooling yourself. Hypercells are matched with cells by runtime that are close in volts and we feel this is perfectly acceptable.

Last edited by alpha; 01-26-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.