Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the difference between the old wheel and new wheel.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

The new EVO tires are great on asphalt. I noticed a difference in wear(for the better) from the old wheel to the new, is this due to the wheel being stiffer or was there a compound or insert change? I had a hard time getting my setup used to the new wheel but overall they seem a little bit better in regards to wear and lap time consistency.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
What's the difference between the old wheel and new wheel.
We made 2 version of White wheels before EXP-WAW (Flexible Nylon) EXP-WAWH(Hard Plastic), from this year we are debuting EXP-WAN (Stiff Nylon) to be in a good middle sweet spot. it spin truer than the EXP-WAW but won't crack in hard crash like EXP-WAWH.
Overall more traction, while still able to run hard on cold carpet racing days in Winter

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
The new EVO tires are great on asphalt. I noticed a difference in wear(for the better) from the old wheel to the new, is this due to the wheel being stiffer or was there a compound or insert change? I had a hard time getting my setup used to the new wheel but overall they seem a little bit better in regards to wear and lap time consistency.
Thanks, the new EXP-Evo is much improved rubber itself. better wear, more traction. combined with new EXP-WAN Natural stiff wheels, it wear more evenly (thanks for true spin wheel) while more traction also benefited from Stiff side-walled EXP-WAN wheels.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Marv
Westgate =
Textured surface, cushioned vinyl flooring.
Here's what DOESN'T work =
R40WS on EXP-WAW with EXO-S inserts...
Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Is the OG Spec tire a high-profile tire like the R-Series? Also, is it more of a medium or hard compound?

If anybody has run the OG tires, how do these compare to the Solaris H spec tire?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Is the OG Spec tire a high-profile tire like the R-Series? Also, is it more of a medium or hard compound?

If anybody has run the OG tires, how do these compare to the Solaris H spec tire?
Not sure on the sidewall. Definitely a hard compound tire. I would say compared to solaris hards, overall grip level is close, but probably not quite as good as Hards. With a few setup changes to make the car more aggresive laptimes are similar. The car will understeer more with OGs than Hards. OGs definitely last longer. OGs also are more consistent in very hot conditions.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Not sure on the sidewall. Definitely a hard compound tire. I would say compared to solaris hards, overall grip level is close, but probably not quite as good as Hards. With a few setup changes to make the car more aggresive laptimes are similar. The car will understeer more with OGs than Hards. OGs definitely last longer. OGs also are more consistent in very hot conditions.

Hope that helps.
OG's diameter is in between 40R and EXP-Evo.
It's larger than Solaris H or M.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How do the Sweep EXP-EVO tires compare to the older EXP tires, in terms of durability?

Summer season starts soon. The track I race at has pretty good grip (Mountain Dew), but it's extremely abrasive. EXP 36 premounts were only really good for 1 run. They'd lose 3-4 tenths on the first run, and another few tenths on the second run. The medium insert seemed to help a bit. The 40 worked OK when the track temp reached about 120 degrees, but just didn't have the outright pace of the 36. I also tended to get a lot of graining on my 36s (not everyone had that problem, though, so I'm sure setup and driving are a factor with that).

Most of us ended up switching to Team Powers 36's, because they had similar performance with better wear and run-to-run consistency. You could put on a new set for the last qualifying round, and still have them be good for the main, and usable for the next race's early qualifiers.

Has the EXP-EVO made enough improvement in run-to-run consistency to be worth giving a try? Ideally I'd like a set of tires to last for two full race days. I'm spoiled by the long-lasting performance I've been getting from the QTS-32's on carpet over the winter.

-Mike
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The new EVO tires are pretty good, but they do take a run or two to get broken in and the track temp has to be a bit higher for the 36/40 in contrast to the EXP from before.

The bright spot is the tire lasts a lot longer. A LOT.

A good tire that I like and has a super awesome temperature range is the R40. This is the tire that we use for the outdoor events in Houston for our State Series Races that come through here. The tires work in high 40 degree weather all the way to Triple digit Texas Summer Temperatures. They are almost as fast as Sorex/ MuchMuch More absolute rubber, with good wear, very little drop off and pretty good wear. The R40, much like the Sorex only drops like 1-2 tenths over the life of the tire (until it basically splits).
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The new EVO tires are pretty good, but they do take a run or two to get broken in and the track temp has to be a bit higher for the 36/40 in contrast to the EXP from before.

The bright spot is the tire lasts a lot longer. A LOT.

A good tire that I like and has a super awesome temperature range is the R40. This is the tire that we use for the outdoor events in Houston for our State Series Races that come through here. The tires work in high 40 degree weather all the way to Triple digit Texas Summer Temperatures. They are almost as fast as Sorex/ MuchMuch More absolute rubber, with good wear, very little drop off and pretty good wear. The R40, much like the Sorex only drops like 1-2 tenths over the life of the tire (until it basically splits).
Thanks, Cristian. I tried the R40 a long time ago when I was just starting out, and remember it not being anywhere near as fast as the EXP36. But they're cheap, so maybe I'll try them again. Do you do anything different with setup/sauce/heat to get them working?

It sounds like the EXP-EVO is worth another shot. Our weather is usually such that a 32 is flat-out too soft, and it gets hot enough to be a bit hotter than ideal for a 36, but not really hot enough to get a 40 fully working. So if the new EXP-EVO 36 is somewhere in between, it'll probably be spot-on. Any suggestions on insert and wheel choice? What about sauce?

-Mike
Old 04-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

The EXP 36 was a very fast tire. I think it may have even been faster than Sorex Rubber on that magic first run. However they were totally 1 run tires.

With the EVO, I have limited experience, but I have been using black can paragon as the rubber is very hard. So I figured the sauce needed to be aggressive. I typically let is soak in for about 10 mins and then wipe it off. I think the EVO 36 would probably work well with warmers and tweak. It just seems to be that type of tire.

With R40's I use Paragon on the first run and tweak on subsequent runs. Typically I will clean the tires with black can paragon and then apply a light amount of tweak until it air dries.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, and for inserts, whatever the Sweep Website would recommend before they gave all the options.

I think for r40 is the light blue EXP insert and for the EXP Evo it is pink EXP insert although I am not sure.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

I can't wait to try the Evo tires on outdoor asphalt. I really think they could be a genuine contender to sorex with exceptionally better wear.

For sure I know they are better on our local indoor asphalt track.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Company Representative

The US Sweep web site (http://SweepRacingUSA.com) will have a server change on April/26/2013 Friday. we may have down time up to 2 hours from 7AM EST.
Thank you for the continuing supports, we are moving to a bigger house
Old 04-26-2013, 05:56 AM
Company Representative

The server move and database upgrade have been completed successfully fot http://SweepRacingUSA.com, please contact us with any question or concerns.

Thank you for continuing supports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.