Wiki Posts
Search

2012 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I might be able to make this years race, wife wants to barter, lol.
Just tell me it isn't another kid...
Btw.. I really hope u come (because my bodies will be late to you)
Old 08-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Just tell me it isn't another kid...
Btw.. I really hope u come (because my bodies will be late to you)
LOL, no it's not, I didn't even think of that.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

I'm all signed up for 13.5 1/12th and 13.5 WGT I may add in F1 later if my finances stay where they are currently at
Old 08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Fyi, the team is working on the list of allowed speed controls. Once it is finalized it will be posted. Thanks for your patience.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Fyi, the team is working on the list of allowed speed controls. Once it is finalized it will be posted. Thanks for your patience.
This sounds like bad news to me...I guess we will see what the list includes.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Can we wait until the list actually comes out before we start spreading the negativity? Have a little faith that Scotty will do his best to make everyone happy. This ain't his first rodeo.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wyvern95
Can we wait until the list actually comes out before we start spreading the negativity? Have a little faith that Scotty will do his best to make everyone happy. This ain't his first rodeo.
I don't know how it can be bad, if there is something on the list that you don't like, then chose not to go, better to know ahead of time than to get there and have to choose whether or not to buy a new speedo.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

No, not Scotty's first rodeo but you have to admit that it's a little ridiculous that 6 weeks before we get on planes for Vegas there are still questions about rules and classes that are still TBD. It would suck to have to buy a new speedo on top of all the other last minute expenses we have before we go.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

All signed up.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by artwork
This sounds like bad news to me...I guess we will see what the list includes.
I wasn't the one being all doom and gloom. This guy above was. Unlike some people who feel they need to have the latest gadget of the week, I'll be using the same speedo I used last year coupled with the chassis I used at my first IIC four years ago. And that chassis was discontinued back then. As long as I have a clean race, I'll be happy bringing up the rear of whatever class I'm in. We're grow men playing with toy cars. For cryin' out loud, lighten up a little.

As for not having the list out, I'm sure Scotty is just trying to make it fair and even for everyone while making almost everyone happy. I say almost because, inevitably, there will be at least one guy who isn't. Would it really have made a difference if the list had been made public when the race was announced? The way technology is advancing these days, it's a pretty safe bet that some new speedo, software, profile, etc. would have come out before the race date. What then? Maybe it's approved. Maybe it isn't. If it is, you'll have guys rushing out to get it. Either way, you'll have guys spending money on equipment right before the race.

I made my original post because I'm tired of listening to people complain. On this thread. At work. In life in general. If I offended anyone by making it, I am sorry.

I go to Scotty's races to have fun, whether it's at his home track, Trackside, or at the IIC. The IIC is even more fun because of the location. Pretty much anyone who's been to an IIC can vouch for that. If I've learned anything about RC, it's that you need to be able to adjust to changes. Be it the changing track conditions or changing technology (ie, brushed to brushless, nicad to lipo, mechanical speedo to esc, etc.). So, if you don't take your racing toy cars too seriously and you're open to the possibility of change, come on out to Vegas and party like a rockstar. If not, please stay home. We don't need any Debbie Downers spoiling the fun for the rest of us.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its just about time to tear the car apart, make it a dedicated Mod car
Old 08-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So, if you don't take your racing toy cars too seriously and you're open to the possibility of change, come on out to Vegas and party like a rockstar.
THIS.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I wasn't the one being all doom and gloom. This guy above was. Unlike some people who feel they need to have the latest gadget of the week, I'll be using the same speedo I used last year coupled with the chassis I used at my first IIC four years ago. And that chassis was discontinued back then. As long as I have a clean race, I'll be happy bringing up the rear of whatever class I'm in. We're grow men playing with toy cars. For cryin' out loud, lighten up a little.

As for not having the list out, I'm sure Scotty is just trying to make it fair and even for everyone while making almost everyone happy. I say almost because, inevitably, there will be at least one guy who isn't. Would it really have made a difference if the list had been made public when the race was announced? The way technology is advancing these days, it's a pretty safe bet that some new speedo, software, profile, etc. would have come out before the race date. What then? Maybe it's approved. Maybe it isn't. If it is, you'll have guys rushing out to get it. Either way, you'll have guys spending money on equipment right before the race. U

I made my original post because I'm tired of listening to people complain. On this thread. At work. In life in general. If I offended anyone by making it, I am sorry.

I go to Scotty's races to have fun, whether it's at his home track, Trackside, or at the IIC. The IIC is even more fun because of the location. Pretty much anyone who's been to an IIC can vouch for that. If I've learned anything about RC, it's that you need to be able to adjust to changes. Be it the changing track conditions or changing technology (ie, brushed to brushless, nicad to lipo, mechanical speedo to esc, etc.). So, if you don't take your racing toy cars too seriously and you're open to the possibility of change, come on out to Vegas and party like a rockstar. If not, please stay home. We don't need any Debbie Downers spoiling the fun for the rest of us.
You can throw me under the bus if you want to, but people have been asking for clarification on ecs rules since the first day this thread was posted. I asked on 5/15/2012 for clarification because last year's tech and rules were almost non existent. I, like others spend a lot of my own Money going to these big races, and being unprepared is not an option for me. If it was ROAR rules then it would be easy, but since it seems like it is going to be some custom list then who knows what will be on it. I feel like I have the right speedo and motor package right now, but if a speed control that is known to have timing in it is legal then what shall We do? Two choices...spend $500 on speed controls or just plan to be off pace. I can go to Vegas when ever I want to, but I chose to go to this race, to race people, at the race, where the racing is occurring. I know it is a hassle but Racing need rules!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by artwork
I feel like I have the right speedo and motor package right now, but if a speed control that is known to have timing in it is legal then what shall We do? Two choices...spend $500 on speed controls or just plan to be off pace.
Seriously? $500 for a speedo. I said it once, I'll say it again. Lighten up. They're toy cars. If you're spending that kind of money on a speedo, you're either running mod, a pro or both. If you are running mod, I wouldn't worry about your current setup. Mod is mod. Pretty much anything goes. If you're not running mod, then you're most likely suffering from a severe case of speedo envy. I can't help you with that.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im pretty sure artwork's initial post was based on the premise that, if we were just following the ROAR speedo rules there would be no extra list required. Specifying that there will be a list of allowable ESCs, rather than just using ROAR rules, means one of two things:

1) There are one of more ESCs on the ROAR list that will not be allowed (unlikely, IMO)

2) There are one or more ESCs not currently on the ROAR list that will be allowed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.