Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Setup of GMV12XC

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Setup of GMV12XC

Guys! anyone can teach me how to setup the functions of V12 ESC, i cant reach into the progamme! Step by Step pls, coz i m very stupid! hahaha! Thx!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Here goes. I found this at the HPI forum a while back and I preserve it (coz the normal manual is really bad):

Hold the SET button down (while turning on the speedo) until the RED LED turns on and the GREEN LED flashes 3 times. (make sure you release it before it's done flashing.)

You are now in programing mode. (If you don't press anything, the GREEN LED will flash 3 times and enter back into normal driving mode.) Anyways, once in this programing mode, Press the SET button 1~4 times (Depending which program you want to change.) Make sure you press it so that the RED LED flashes to confirm each input. (example: to get to Program 3, Press the SET button, wait for the red flash, press it again, wait for the red flash, press it again, wait for the red flash. That's it.

Now wait for the GREEN LED to flash 3 times. And then wait again for the GREEN LED to flash 3 more times with the RED LED on. Once they stop and are out, press the SET button to the value the you need. Again, wait for the RED LED to come on and off for each value. When you are done, leave it alone and the speedo will flash the GREEN LED 3 times and return to driving mode (RED LED on).

Thats it!! Drive! You have to turn off the speedo if you want to program something else. In other words, you can only program one thing at a time. Hope this helps. I know the German instructions have a bad translation. But once done (correctly) it's very easy to do! Enjoy! It's an awesome ESC!!
Old 04-26-2002, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HAHAHAHA You found that where??? Thats my instructions That I originally posted on RC Car Action Forums!!!!! LOL... damn... I guess my instructions are better than those baddly translated ones hehehe.... Yup... that's how you do it! Easy! Press and Hold the Set Button, turn on the ESC. Once it starts to flash, let it go and wait... then continue on with my procedure...

Jimmy Mac
Old 04-26-2002, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not sure when it was. I just copied and paste it into a text file in my PC.

It's sort of my reference card for the V12 and V8.

Sorry I didn't know the author. Credit goes to you.

Thanks for the help you gave me.
Old 04-28-2002, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, hehe, I'm the author. Just go to RC Car Action website and then to their forums/boards page. Do a search of set up v12xc and you'll see the post of my instrutions. It's a pretty good speedo. Only thing I hate is racing Mod and Stock and having to change my profiles each time. But it's simple enough. What size caps do you guys use? I don't use the stock one. I use one from a Novak Cyclone. Just curious.
Old 04-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

If anyone's interested i've got a pdf file of the instructions. It's not a copy of the origional, that was bad!! I think it is the second version that was written by GM USA.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

I know V12XC is progammable,but can anyone tell me how to do it??
Old 04-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Did you read it up above?
Old 04-30-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by antoniop
You are now in programing mode. (If you don't press anything, the GREEN LED will flash 3 times and enter back into normal driving mode.) Anyways, once in this programing mode, Press the SET button 1~4 times (Depending which program you want to change.)
I know how to set up the ESC and there are 4 programmes,according to antoniop,but what are the differences between those 4??
Old 04-30-2002, 10:14 PM
dw
Tech Adept

To program the esc you need the chart that comes in the manual.
This explains the program modes.
You can dwonload it from gms site which is www.gm-racing.de.

The v12xc isn't listed but if you download the v12 or v12we manuals the programming is the same.
The programming sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. Especially with gm's dodgy instructions.

Last edited by dw; 04-30-2002 at 10:19 PM.