Wiki Posts
Search

GRP .21 or Extech .24

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default GRP .21 or Extech .24

I have a GRP .21 in my truggy that I have about 15 tanks through. It will not stay running while on the ground. When I start on the starter box it runs fine. It shuts off even while I am giving it gas like its not getting fuel. It very rich now. Any Ideas.

I have a Ex-tech .24 that I brought to replace the GRP .21. I am thinking about putting the grp in my buggy. I have a grp non-tuned in my buggy now.

Any help on tuning the grp will help. And should I put the ex-tech in my truggy. I have all losi's.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
I have a GRP .21 in my truggy that I have about 15 tanks through. It will not stay running while on the ground. When I start on the starter box it runs fine. It shuts off even while I am giving it gas like its not getting fuel. It very rich now. Any Ideas.

I have a Ex-tech .24 that I brought to replace the GRP .21. I am thinking about putting the grp in my buggy. I have a grp non-tuned in my buggy now.

Any help on tuning the grp will help. And should I put the ex-tech in my truggy. I have all losi's.
Sounds very rich. Will it idle? Even on the ground? Maybe you should lean the HSN a couple of hours and try it again. What plug, pipe and fuel are you running?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Make sure your clutch is in good working order and not dragging. If it runs in the starter box then dies when it touches ground then your clutch could be dragging or your clutch bell bearings could be shot.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Make sure your clutch is in good working order and not dragging. If it runs in the starter box then dies when it touches ground then your clutch could be dragging or your clutch bell bearings could be shot.

What he said, that's the first thing that came to mind when you stated it dies when placed on the ground. I would check the clutch and go back to stock settings and go from there. As far as the extech .24 you won't be dissapointed should you put it in the truggy it's got way more grunt in a truggy than the GRP would with excellent run times for a .24.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Schafer
Sounds very rich. Will it idle? Even on the ground? Maybe you should lean the HSN a couple of hours and try it again. What plug, pipe and fuel are you running?
I am running the 2053 that came in the promo kit. I have a OS p3 plug in it. I ran it yesterday for about 30 min. I turned the idle up alittle and ran fine. I rich the HSN a little because the temp got to 250.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alan D.
The clutch is ofna 13t with lst aluminum shoes with sportwerks flywheel. Everything is new and it have no drag. I checked that when I first was having the problem.

All is fine now. Thanks for the help.