Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Man can wait to get to Toledo.Austin snapped the crank in his Sti Sirio
heard about that ....thats too bad....hope he gets it resolved
Old 07-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Josh Can you supply all the CRF parts ? Do you ship them ?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by C Mike Hunt
Where does one buy these mythical parts?

The motor is not that much better than anything else that I will waste a bunch of international telephone calls to order parts.

The least Orion could do is answer the mail sent to the email adresses that are listed on their site for sales.

At their prices I am not going to beg for the parts. (perhaps that is the angle)
If they want to play the game then they need to keep up with the big dogs.

I can get Novarossi, Mega, JP , anything, - online.

Their dealer this end knows less than I do about the parts.

Do these parts actually exist or are they just trying to maintain hope while they sell motors?

If the parts are not freely available on the mainstream hobby sites then as far as I am concerned they do not exist.

Clarity on this would give some credibility to the motor.

Check this one : http://www.teamorion.com/news/ca40/newsid/113
Old 07-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Josh,

Did you get my email from last week? I'm sure your busy, just wanted to remind you......LOL

See you at Toledo this weekend?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WorldCup2004 - We have a large shipment of Team Orion/CRF engines, engine parts, clutches and all sorts of stuff coming in this Friday. After we get everything checked in we will be good to go! We'll have everything down at the GLC in Toledo next weekend as well as the club race this weekend. Anyone who wants to order anything can contact us through the contact page on the CEFX.NET site and we can/will ship ANYWHERE!!

Brian - I got it...lol...
Old 07-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We just recieved in our order of Orion parts, plugs, pipes and manifolds.... Engines and the rest to be here soon!!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Josh, have you tried the optional 6,5 mm crankshaft and what is the difference ?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

wow josh,
you are lucky with the orion parts,
in germany it is a problem to get them.
have you any idea to get motr runtime,
last weekend we have raced and runtime
not over 5,20 minutes

dieter
Old 08-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 4racer
wow josh,
you are lucky with the orion parts,
in germany it is a problem to get them.
have you any idea to get motr runtime,
last weekend we have raced and runtime
not over 5,20 minutes

dieter
Dieter,

You can order all the parts you need from CEFX Josh has all the parts in stock for the CRF engines. Also if you can not find the parts in Germany you can contact www.rc-max.com I know they have all the parts as well !! I checked and found : http://www.rc-max.com/shop/advanced_...s=crf&x=4&y=10

Make sure to have also the CRF clutch and EFRA2626 pipe
Barclay.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

anyone know where i can get the engine from
Old 08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Any of you guys tryed this engine with a Rd LOGIC TURBO 2 PIPE.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I tried mine with a turbo 2 pipe I don't use any more. It was very flat and nothing like running with the newer generation pipes (2601/2620, etc).

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by deviltires
anyone know where i can get the engine from
Tower has now all the spares and optional parts ! http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...rf&FVPROFIL=++

And Horizon Hobby all the clutch conversion sets for Kyosho, Serpent, Mugen, HPI and Team Magic. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...erm=crf&CatId=
Old 08-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I haven't run like I have in then past years, so I haven't gotten a chance to really work with the engine especially since I am running 1/8 too, but wow, finally got it. I was having a problem with the low end like others, but really liked the mid and top end.. When I changed gearing for low end, it came alive , but didn't have that awesome wow topend I liked. Well finally it came all together. I went alittle over the 1.4 on the spring compression(where as i never had to go over 1.2 on previous engines for my RRR) and bingo. I am a happy man. Got the low end I was looking for, and really had top end that stay close to 1/8s on smaller tracks. Tuning was a little tricky and took a little getting used too, but I am realy gald I got the engine. I used the skyline pipe. One thing though, the engine runs hotter than engines I have used in the past. The manual says 259 is normal, I do not go by temps other than brake-in, but the engine has been living in the 275 range without showing any signs of pitting etc. So I was testing with a friend with a new nova 123 I believe, and we just kissed the cars. Since the pipe was so hot and thats where I got hit, the pipe was seriously damaged. Small price to pay for such awesome power. I am begining to see what this engine can do with all the right set ups. Hopefully I can check out the CRF clutches and pipes soon.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Everyone I finally ran this motor today at my local track and all I can say is YES SIR!! This motor is ballistic temps just like chuck said were in the 260 to 270 range and the motor seemed to be fine with this. The only problem I had is for some reason this motor makes my 2speed in my RRR act funny. It either shifts to early or way to late I cant seem to find a happy medium. The gearing I am running is 16/22 59/55, red evolva sping set at 2.2 preload and grey clutch shoe. Has anyone else had this problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.