Search
Like Tree40Likes

Speedmerchant Rev 8

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
When is a good time to order from speedmerchant? During the summer? My recent order is taking forever and the customer service...well

It didn't ship Tuesday
No good time. We should be honored that we can do business with him.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
All good though. You are right. It will all get taken care of. Just was hoping they would be here. Great car otherwise.
Hey it could be worse. I'm going to be running your old CEFX car again here in a couple weeks. How long do you think it would take Josh to find the CAD files and the time to crank out some replacement parts?
Old 11-29-2014, 03:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Hey it could be worse. I'm going to be running your old CEFX car again here in a couple weeks. How long do you think it would take Josh to find the CAD files and the time to crank out some replacement parts?
That was a good car. What parts do you need?
Old 11-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Tech Lord

Nothing now but you never know.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I wish Bruce would setup one of the larger internet guys as a distributor/reseller (Amain and Stormer come to mind). He would have my business if that happened. Until that happens, I have too many not-so-fond memories of racing BMI cars and not being able to get parts in a timely fashion.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
I wish Bruce would setup one of the larger internet guys as a distributor/reseller (Amain and Stormer come to mind). He would have my business if that happened. Until that happens, I have too many not-so-fond memories of racing BMI cars and not being able to get parts in a timely fashion.
Stormer had a huge order placed as recently as a month ago that he has not received yet, I don't know if he has since canceled it or not but I know at one point he was planning on being the primary online go to spot for SM stuff.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
We're tryin. we're tryin.

I like the cars and got to spend some time with Bruce in April at the "mile highs".

Not to mention, Josh is KILLING IT with those cars. I'd like to try one. and being an old school 1/12th guy, I really want to try that front end.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-01-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Bob it would be awesome if you started stocking speed merchant parts. And you will love the rev8 with the new school front end. Feels just like a original associated front but adjustable. Never had a car that was so easy to dial in before. Sometimes bruce is slow to respond but it's worth the wait. Top quality car that works perfectly and goes together perfectly. And the only part I've changed has been the camber links. But having spares would be nice
Old 12-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scirocco
Bob it would be awesome if you started stocking speed merchant parts. And you will love the rev8 with the new school front end. Feels just like a original associated front but adjustable. Never had a car that was so easy to dial in before. Sometimes bruce is slow to respond but it's worth the wait. Top quality car that works perfectly and goes together perfectly. And the only part I've changed has been the camber links. But having spares would be nice
Stop.... you're bummin me out because I don't have one myself.

Bruce?! Let's get these puppies going!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone heard from Bruce as of late? Anyone know if he has kits on hand? I put my order in for a Rev8 and with no reply to any emails; I'm beginning to wonder if I should make other plans so I can race.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by southpawjoe
Has anyone heard from Bruce as of late? Anyone know if he has kits on hand? I put my order in for a Rev8 and with no reply to any emails; I'm beginning to wonder if I should make other plans so I can race.
It will come. I got my shipping notice yesterday. What a great thing it would be for Stormer to carry SM. Please please please bruce get this stuff to them. I need side link spares btw. Forgot to order last time. 3 weeks and I'll have some.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm about to place an order for the kit, my first 1/12 pan car. I was wondering, what tuning options (springs, tube spooge, etc) are included with the kit? What tuning options would you recommend that should be purchased along with the kit? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

There isnt really anything extra you need to buy for the car other than springs.

Order the available front springs from speedmerchant, as these are the best on the market and dont collapse like other brands. For 12th, get .18 through .22.

Get an assortment of center shock springs if you dont have them already. for side springs, best to get an assortment of those as well.

Get a tube of green and red tube spooge as well
Old 12-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
There isnt really anything extra you need to buy for the car other than springs.

Order the available front springs from speedmerchant, as these are the best on the market and dont collapse like other brands. For 12th, get .18 through .22.

Get an assortment of center shock springs if you dont have them already. for side springs, best to get an assortment of those as well.

Get a tube of green and red tube spooge as well
And a set of front axles, just in case, as they may not be available at every hobby shop
Old 12-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

"We should be honored that we can do business with him."

I have a SpeedMerchant car and I've bought stuff from them aside from the car as well. Their response was not quick, but not glacial. It seems that it has gotten worse. I referenced the quote above as I am lost on this idea. If I spend a few hundred dollars on a car and some spares (like the ones RedBull listed), but I break a part specific to the SpeedMerchant car and I can't get parts for months, then the car is worthless to me not matter how good it is when it runs. "Buy a second car for spares" was one suggestion I've read recently. While I am fortunate enough to be ABLE to do this, I don't think this SHOULD be necessary. Also, I tend to break the same parts on each car. If I break TWO front arms, BOTH of my cars are out of commission. Does this mean that I should've bought a third car???
I hope Bruce is able to keep up with demand soon. Josh Cyrul's dominance with the SpeedMerchant car is just going to increase demand for cars/parts. If you haven't considered it before, this might make parts less available for those who have been driving SpeedMerchant before Josh made them a household name. Additionally, popularity can be a fleeting thing. While SpeedMerchant is the hot ticket now, lack of kits and parts and no answers as to what is going on and when parts/kits can be expected will quickly turn off most buyers.
Just my $0.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.