Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jack Rimer, you have a PM.
Thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
It is being worked on. I don't have a timetable yet, but it will happen.
Timetable or not, its good to know your dedicated to making it happen. Just know that there is plenty of interest from racers.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Jack,

Are the latest Jaco Rubberz (green) in circulation now? I knew you had made a running change, but I am not sure who would have the latest and greatest in stock and available.

Thanks,
Rob
[email protected]

Last edited by RBLove; 01-06-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bump...
Old 01-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

You have a PM Jack.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Jack you have a PM

Jack you have a PM
Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Are people truing the width of the Prism Foams down or just running the stock width?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark O'Brien
A good comparison would be if GM decided to sell cars to a few specific dealerships in the Country at a different rate. What do you think would happen.

I just read through this thread and I know I'm dredging up a little bit of an old topic I'll respond to this because using car companies as an example is not a good idea. This is because a GM dealership (in this case I'll say Saturn) has to sell Saturn cars, they can't sell Toyota because they are a Saturn dealer. A hobby store is not tied to a manufacturer in the same way.

Also, the price GM charges a dealership for a car is not based on how many cars a dealership buys from them. It is based on how many cars a dealership has sold in previous months.

What this does is stop a dealership buying a years worth of cars at one time to get a discount on buying in bulk. However, car sales go in spurts. Generally august/ september is the best sales period while the Christmas period is generally dead. Because of this a dealership will try and buy enough cars in October to last them through to the next good sales period which tends to be March/April. If they have to buy cars in January then the price they pay for a car is significantly higher.

Now the reason I chose Saturn is because their prices are fixed. There is (technically) no haggling so a Saturn dealer makes a larger profit for a car they bought in October compared to a car bought it January. Of course if it was a Chevrolet dealer, if the car costs the dealer less then the savings are passed onto the customer.

Anyway,back to discussing Prizms.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What I would like to know is what takes JACO so long to return the foam tires you send in for warrenty for broken rims. I sent in about a dozen sets roughly 6-7 months ago and have seen nothing back.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Perhaps we didn't get them. Have you tried over the last 7 months to get in touch with us by calling or sending a PM before posting this in a public forum?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

PM no, email yes. I have sent a couple emails around the time that I sent them in but got no replies. This seems to be something that has happened to more than just me around my area. The address I shipped them to is the one on the back of the box, and they were shipped near the end of August/ begining of september of 2007. I live in Canada if that makes any difference.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SMOKESHOW86
What I would like to know is what takes JACO so long to return the foam tires you send in for warrenty for broken rims. I sent in about a dozen sets roughly 6-7 months ago and have seen nothing back.
Wow! I sent some back just after the 26mm tires were released. Only took a few weeks to get the replacements back. They even sent me those as replacements instead of the dish rims (I'm in Canada to)
Old 03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMOKESHOW86
PM no, email yes. I have sent a couple emails around the time that I sent them in but got no replies. This seems to be something that has happened to more than just me around my area. The address I shipped them to is the one on the back of the box, and they were shipped near the end of August/ begining of september of 2007. I live in Canada if that makes any difference.
Have you tracked the return with the shipper? As far as I know, as Foxy said all CND customers that had issues with a batch of dish wheels in 2005/ 2006 have been taken care of. In 2007 JACO released the Prism wheel, which has had a great track record with all racers.

With that said, warranty claims have a turn around time of about 2 weeks, We can not be responsible for items that do not reach us for obvious reasons....

The only email I remember seeing in the last 6 months with regards to a warranty claim on a dish wheel, was a email from a new racer that asked if "used" hand me down wheels would have warranty, Apparently a used car was purchased from a racer and included was a old box of assorted wheels some of which some were broken.

My reply was no, as we only warranty the original buyer and a valid sales receipt must be provided.

Is this you?

If it is, you can PM me and I can outline our warranty again.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Korgea, It was not me that sent you that message. The wheels that I sent in were dished rims. They were from the 2006 end of 2007 indoor carpet season. These were shipped to the usa, the addresse on the back of the box, I also included in the box a peice of paper stating why they were being shipped to JACO, and my return addresse.

Just so that I make sure I understand completly your warrenty at least on the old dish rims when they were produced, was that if the rim breaks then they could be sent in and be replaced providing you bought them originally. Now if the foam junked and the rim was still good then you were SOL. If that is / was not the warrenty then please feel free to correct me.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello,

There was some confusion on the wording of the original warranty a few years ago so I will clarify that here for you.

If the tire peels back from the wheel. If there was a spot on the wheel where glue was missing then that would be a valid warranty claim. So basically if you see the tire tear or peel and you are left with clean white plastic. Not an edge, but the middle portion of the tire. As with any tire, the edge should be checked after truing and racing and re glued as needed.

If the wheel breaks or shatters and the tire is over 60MM in diameter. with this we use some common sense. If the wheel/tire is at the end of its life and under 60MM then there will be no warranty. ( again this applies to the old wheel, not the prism line)

We are only granting warranty if the item is in new condition and has failed due to our manufactures error. We can not warranty a wheel/ tire that has been extensively used.

Hope that helps clear up the warranty on the older wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.