Wiki Posts
Search

Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by fathead
I can only see one race car in those pics.......the blue one with Pirtek on the bonnet, almost can't see it because one of those red shopping trollies is in the way
Notice how the blue one is BEHIND the Holdens though?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sparksy

Those pics must have been from a couple years back when Holden could win
Old 07-05-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default hmmmmm

well at least the Holden has a V8 but still if it has 4 doors It wasn't built to be a race car
Old 07-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

ave you not noticed the last 2 rounds the red lion dominates again heheheheehehehehhe
Old 07-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sparksy
Notice who is leading the championship though?
Marcos Ambrose BA Falcon
Russell Ingall BA Falcon

Also notice who won the last two championships?
2003 Marcos Ambrose BA Falcon
2004 Marcos Ambrose BA Falcon
Old 07-06-2005, 10:07 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bleach1
Real race cars have no doors.
I agree with you, then RC Bodies (Stratus, Cadillac, Alfa) are all for race cars, they don't have doors
Old 07-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Go down to your local drag strip and find a Dodge Stratis prostock look under the hood . you won't see a Neon engine or check out a NASCAR event there isn't one part off a Stratis that will fit on a street Stratis[/QUOTE]

last i checked under my protoform stratus. i didn't see any dodge parts either.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rody
Notice who is leading the championship though?
Marcos Ambrose BA Falcon
Russell Ingall BA Falcon

Also notice who won the last two championships?
2003 Marcos Ambrose BA Falcon
2004 Marcos Ambrose BA Falcon
ah but now notice who is in second and catching them fords now go the red brigade.......................
Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aussie racer
ave you not noticed the last 2 rounds the red lion dominates again heheheheehehehehhe
it used to be nice to see those cars run on speed vision before it became nascar vision, thats why Im saying good bye to that channel.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually "real racecar" is a matter of opinion.
yes, you can RACE anything, hell they race lawn mowers

I don't know about you but I don't feel like spending 3.4 million on a Toyota F1 car and all the stuff that goes with it - I will however, race at Leguna Seca with the best time in my class with my 4-door dodge neon with a NEON SOHC 2.4L 4-banger. all for under 7k a year.

I'd like the mazda body if it looked like a mazda.... sorry but my grandmas mazda doesn't have a big ass rear end like the protoform body does.. and I'll take my Protoform 4-door accord over any body on the planet any day... because I don't race.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

I agree with him, alot of the "racing bodies" look like blobs of lexan. When i do start competiton racing, im gonna use what i like. I know someone says you dont size down air, but the same air that would restrict a real race car is not the same amount that restrics an r/c car, and if your body mounts are secure enough, i dont understand how some body's respond better than others. Basically im saying, i dont undertand one bit how the stratus body can top the nsx body from hpi.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jye
I agree with him, alot of the "racing bodies" look like blobs of lexan. When i do start competiton racing, im gonna use what i like. I know someone says you dont size down air, but the same air that would restrict a real race car is not the same amount that restrics an r/c car, and if your body mounts are secure enough, i dont understand how some body's respond better than others. Basically im saying, i dont undertand one bit how the stratus body can top the nsx body from hpi.
To tell the truth, take that wimpy rear wing that it comes with and put on a standard tc wing, the nsx is a very well handling body, the reason that most guys do not run them is they are not roar approved shell.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Real race cars that have 4 doors race in Nascar and they are built from the ground up. Last time I checked you couldn't buy a 2 door Ford Tuarus.

Also I think that Ford backs racing programs more than Dodge. Utill this last year Ford had a race car in every form of racing threre was. That is on 4 wheels of course. Not untill this year that they don't have one in F1
Old 07-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Jye
Tech Regular

I understand, roar has a specefied body class. That not even remotely cool
I understand they want to set up with barriers such as any real racing league has but, i dunno. It would be cool of they opened up another class with less restrictions. Im going to be checking out my 2 new tracks around what will be my new home in a few days, if their rules allow something completly diffrent than roar, i guess no pro racing for me.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default fun thread

Wow I thought I was gona get pelted for knocking the mighty Stratis And I sureley don't mean to cut any type of auto racing down. I wish I could share the feeling of driving a real race car with all of you. My last championship was 20 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday (God I'm old LOL) Someone said in here that the aerodynamics on a RC car was different then a real race car and he is right. I'm on my third air tunnel and it took me a few years of studing air patterns on Rc bodies to find out what works and I'm still learning. The Dodge Stratis I came up with is doing fantastic on the track but dosn't look much like a Stratis. I was going to try to get it approved by ROAR but they probley wouldn't pass it .OOOPs it's 4 in the morn. I gota bolt
Attached Thumbnails Bodies-dvc00054-dcopy.psd.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.