who makes the best fuel gun?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who makes the best fuel gun?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Suspended

I had one of those before the rb gun, It worked but It was very cheesy and leaked.Ofna wouldnt know quality from a piss-hole in the snow when it comes to some of thier accessories.Just like thier customer service.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

For the bucks, the Dynamite is not a bad gun. Is it as fast as the RB??......no. It it faster that a bottle???.......by a long shot. 30 bucks your in business!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink fuel gun

This one is crap becuase it cracks on the silver spool and the whole thing was damaged. Go for RB or Kyosho gun. Both are good, especially Kyosho ones when they changed the small tubes to copper tubing, it won'y crack like the brass ones.

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Any opinion about this one ?

im thinking on one of those for my TNX PRo and my sedan 200mm ...

Pat
Old 01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

dosn't Futaba make one.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

I've just bought a new kyosho fuel gun. It's very good and it does not leak if you keep it vertical when it's full. The main problem is that the trigger does not close the cooper tubes (where the air enters during the refuiling). So, if you point the fuel gun up and then point it down, a swall amount of fuel leaks thru the tubes. Moreover, if fill the gun and and keep injecting fuel, it also leaks from the small tubes. However, it is a problem of all fuel guns. All of than works like this.
When it starts leaking thru the main hole, you just need to change 2 orings and it will work like a new one. The only thing I didn't like is the fuel capacity. The kyosho gun holds only 1.5 tanks of fuel.

my 2 cents...
Old 01-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

You need somthing to keep the pit guy from falling asleep during the race
Old 01-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
The main problem is that the trigger does not close the cooper tubes (where the air enters during the refuiling). So, if you point the fuel gun up and then point it down, a swall amount of fuel leaks thru the tubes. Moreover, if fill the gun and and keep injecting fuel, it also leaks from the small tubes. However, it is a problem of all fuel guns.
It is not a problem, that is the design. The guns are meant to be propped up vertical until they are ready to be used. See http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...Messina(I).htm down on the left. The RB pit box is designed to hold the fuel gun upright. If you don't have the fancy pit box, many people just cut open an old fuel bottle for a drain and hang the gun over the side. Not too messy at all.

The small tubes are vent tubes and their design is twofold. First is to let air into the main body of the gun so fuel will actually come out at a reasonable speed. Second is to stop the flow of fuel once the fuel level reaches the vent tubes.

Not saying you, but many people have bitched and moaned about leaky fuel guns over the years and really don't know what they are talking about. The tool is what it is and yes they naturally leak a little. Get rid of the vent tubes and try your gun and you'll find it doesn't flow but a dribble. I'd rather have the faster flow, wouldn't you?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Fraz:

I didn't express myself well, sorry but my english is not good. I agree with you, it is not a problem, it is the design. I understand the function of the cooper tubes, the air enters thru them allowing the fuel to go out of the gun.
I was trying to explain that the fuel gun does not leak if you use it right. Most of the peaple thinks that the fuel gun is completly sealed, which is not true.Maybe in the future the designers will put a kind of valve on the copper tubes, blocking them when the trigger is not pressed.

regards
Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

How about a sealed unit that uses a CO2 canister to dispense the fuel. You could even have an adjustable valve to control how fast the fuel comes out.