Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HONG NOR X1CR Vs KYOSHO 777 SP2

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccars4scott
I went a little crazy and have owned/raced the mugen prospec, special 2 and the jammin.
I was fastest with the Jammin followed by the mugen then the SP2.
the mugen is very stable, rarely gets out of shape and instills confidence. didn't turn all that great (never tried new arms).
the SP2 turned awesome but felt twitchy and nervous over the rough stuff.
the jammin seemed to fall right between the two, stable with adequate turning.
As far as the build quality, I think the Mugen was best, followed by the jammin then the sp2.
These are just my honest opinions with no vested interest.
suppose all comment coming from person like this.. he owned, he drove, he blast and then he comment. i always believe 99.99% from that comment
Old 12-07-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

he bought both, built both, and bashed both. all by one person. that is indeed the ultimate test.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

from that comment, jammin always sit better then the sp2.. the fastest, the stability, cornering, handling on rough stuff and build quality. so go for jammin, just go for it..
Old 12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

I've owned both and like the X1-CR more. One problem is your constantly changing the shock and diff fluid because of leaks. My Kyosho never leaked and had easier mantinence. I ordered the new Ofna big bore shocks that are on the CRT and sovled the shock problem but the diffs still suck.

Basically they both can Kick A$$. I would go with what the majority of the local club members have. You can ask what set up is best instead of burning up motors tyring to figure it out yourself.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

SP2-handles better and drivability

My 1st PiCk!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

You guys do realize there is a new hyper 8 that should be released by next summer. Certain versions have already been released where the grass grows green and dirt doesn't exist.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

the UK?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sofast-NT
SP2-handles better and drivability

My 1st PiCk!!!!!!!!!!!

and you've owned the X1
Old 12-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

i recentley bought a jammin x1-cr. and all i can say its a top quality ride!! dont let the price fool you. i dont know y someone said you need updated shock towers and shocks from the kit cause you dont. the stock towers that come in the pro kit are 4mm towers and the shocks are awsome!
I dont see any leaking problems as long as you clean arround the seals and stuff after ever run like you would do with any off road car. also my diffs dont have a problem with leaking ?

my conclusion is the jammin is a very solid ride that will give you more than enoght steering and is a very stable car.

also i know of 2 people in my area that bought the sp2 and drove it maby 2 times to turn arround and sell it, because it was too hard to get the right setup and very twitchy.

THE MAIN THING AS WITH ALL CARS NOW.... is the driver. all cars are pretty much equal but it just depends on what your style of driving is. while the kyosho may be a great car for one it may also be a car another hates due to different driveing styles. find a car that will tailer to your driving style and stick with it. dont go by other peoples opinions. 75% of the peple on forums will say to buy the car that is winning. just b/c it is being put on the spot by good drivers. just like with anything. people will want what they see winning not what will be best for their style.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Simply put the two buggies are equal. The just fit two driving styles. The sp2 will give you on demand control, anything you input it will respond with. The jammin buggy will not be quite as responsive, but this means that the minor flaws will not show up when you drive. Both buggies will acel,handle, and jump great. I would also consider what you can get parts for and what others run at your local tracks. The people at local tracks can often times help you to setup your car.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

i have the X-1 and my diffs or shocks don't leak either. maybe the guy forgot to put the paper gasket on the diffs. maybe he forgot to or never did put on the shock boots on the shocks. that will keep the dirt off the shock shaft, which will save the shock seals.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I started with an OFNA Hyper7 PBS, then a Hyper7 C-Hub, to a Jammin X1 CR Pro, and finally to a Kyosho 777 SP1.
Hyper7 PBS didn’t turn well, so the C –Hub version solved that. I felt it was time to try a new buggy and liked the Hyper7 so gave the Jammin X1 CR Pro a shot. Heard good reviews about and was a good bang for the buck. The buggy turns great handles well and does about everything I want up to 90% of the time. The only thing I had issues with it was a single jump at the local track. No matter how I hit the jump with full on throttle, a pause and then full throttle…it didn’t matter…the nose would drop. I tried different pre-loads, shock oils, to no avail. The brakes were not dragging either to cause the front to drop.
My buddy got a Kyosho 777 so I gave it a spin on the local track…came to the jump with nothing different it sailed nice level and smooth. That to me was the selling point.
Kyosho shocks are by far better than the standard X1 CR Pro shocks. I feel if you put some Kyosho shocks on the X1 CR Pro it would be fine.
Build wise I like the split center diff of the Jammin better than the Kyosho. It makes fluid changes easier then undoing the top and bottom bolts. Buggies are easy to build; ease of maintenance is the main issue for me. I like the fact the Jammin comes with hex head screws and Kyosho still uses crappy Phillips screws. Both buggies are very same…look closely and you will see similarities. Kyosho uses pins that are secured by a set screw to hold the bottom of the shocks in…Jammin gives you that option to do that if you wish, but instead supply you with a bolt to do that…I like that way better.
Out of the box I think the Jammin is a better deal…but once you learn to drive whatever buggy you will become better…its more driver than equipment when you first start out(coming from road racing motorcycles)…then set up and all comes into play.

Last edited by supralative; 12-10-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

supralative - Apparently the rumor is next week Jammin will be releasing the Jammin x1 "Factory Team" model, which will include the new beefier shocks and 5mm shock towers...sounds awesome!
Old 12-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I've owned a X-1.

It is opinion.

I like the Jammin ,but I like the Kyosho a little better.

Think what you want and I'll do the same.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R.A.
which one to get? considering handling and reliability...
just go get the jammin.... the kit, their sparepart, their option part, their quality is as par as the branded car but their price is far more cheaper and reasonable..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.