Like Tree2Likes

Best 1/10 2wd buggy for turf/carpet

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billyp315
Has anyone raced with the hot bodies D216
Someone at your indoor track ran one for a bit. I am not sure he ever got it to what he liked as it seemed to have a lot of push even with some carpet specific front tires others of us found had too much steering response and went back to slicks.

However, Hot Bodies is probably addressing carpet performance with the releases they have come out with, with one being that aluminum chassis you can buy.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Someone at your indoor track ran one for a bit. I am not sure he ever got it to what he liked as it seemed to have a lot of push even with some carpet specific front tires others of us found had too much steering response and went back to slicks.

However, Hot Bodies is probably addressing carpet performance with the releases they have come out with, with one being that aluminum chassis you can buy.
I run one on hook and loop carpet. Works well and it's easy to drive but I also like my cars to push a bit. I like it a lot more than I did my yz2ca.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Tech Legend

here the track is very tight small, so any bit of push would be slow. Again, I don't know much about the setup he was running however, it just didn't look right on the track.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
here the track is very tight small, so any bit of push would be slow. Again, I don't know much about the setup he was running however, it just didn't look right on the track.
if your racing on a really small track go with the yz2ca. it seems to like changing direction faster than the B6. the B6 is a great car that rewards nice smoooth lines whereas the YZ2 is a real point and shoot car that likes the ol' handbrake turns
Old 08-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Legend

yeah I got the yz2 DTM and basically the components that make up a YZ2 CA here so excited to try it.

Vid of the carpet track its actually "rough" under the tan carpet. rear "dirt" style shock package actually works well.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.