Wiki Posts
Search

which radio is better?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
i havent had good experience with taiwan products
at LEAST 50% of the parts in your computer that your using now is made in taiwan. seems to be working very well to me

and yes, its important that it feels good in your hands. no use having all the bells and whistles but you get wrist ache after holding it for 1 minute
Old 08-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Most of the top of the line radios have most the same basic features with each radio having a slightly different layout for displaying that info plus the ergonomics of the layout. Used Airtronics for many years (XL-2P and CS-2P) with no trouble at all. Last year bought Futaba 3PJ-S and liked the layout and programmability of the unit, never glitched a single time in four different behicles; though I never did get used to the position of the steering wheel compared to the wheel over trigger finger. Just got the M8 with Novak synthesized system, oh my god I am in heaven. Did not realize how much the ergonomics of the radio meant to me, it just felt right in my hands; the synthesizer is just a bonus. I would love to try the Ko model that has a gold like trim with the dropdown wheel, too bad I have never seen one in left hand version...
Old 08-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unfortunately, I don't think KO makes left-hand versions of any of their pistol grip radios(& the radio you're probably thinking of is the EX-1 Mars 2000 or Mars R with the steering wheel dropdown module)......
Old 08-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default site

http://www.geocities.com/ercle_almig...?1060249154062

hey i made this site cause i was bored take a look
Old 08-16-2003, 11:33 PM

I would said Airtronics M8 or Ko Propo Mars EX-1 and EX-10 Helios. I have Futaba 3PK before. It has the best menu, but I sold it. Because it has super slow charger for Tx battery and cannot use regular battery, not very convenience.

Last edited by Aku-Man; 08-16-2003 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default KO PROPO

My opinion is biased because I run for KO Propo, but I can tell you that "ALL" of my KO equipment performs flawlessly. The Helios is the latest and greatest and I have yet to get one of these, but my Mars R is, VFS2000 esc's, and 2143/2144/947 servo's are all GREAT...............
Old 08-17-2003, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You could be right(about feeling biased), but look at it this way...I've NEVER been sponsored by ANYONE, & I've run nothing but KO radios in the 14 1/2 years I've been racing. Never had a single problem with them, & I've only bought a new one when I felt I was ready for an upgrade. There are plenty of great radios out there, but I can say that quality wise, you won't go wrong with a KO.....
Old 08-26-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

so will the mars price drop since the helios is comin out?
Old 08-26-2003, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
so will the mars price drop since the helios is comin out?
its already out...
Old 08-26-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

i once laid my hands on the latest ex10 helios. too bad the radio didn't come with the manuals and drop down wheels.

so, i gotta wait some more.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Grizzbob
Unfortunately, I don't think KO makes left-hand versions of any of their pistol grip radios(& the radio you're probably thinking of is the EX-1 Mars 2000 or Mars R with the steering wheel dropdown module)......

they do make left hand pistol grip radios. ralph burch uses it handed mars and he's sponsored by ko.

anyway, have you all seen airtronics stick radio that michael salven uses ? i've heard it's customized just for him.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Having asked numerous outlets for Ko radios, Ralph's radio was a custom job by Ko so he could use the radio of his sponsorship. Outside of that one radio, who else have you seen using a left handed Ko? I have heard of a couple others in Japan, but being a hack driver with little to no chance of being Ko sponsored, guess Ko is never going to be on my short list of possible radios...
Old 08-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

so should i just get the mars since im just starting out? wheres the cheapest i can get one?
Old 08-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

cHckbOY5 so should i just get the mars since im just starting out? wheres the cheapest i can get one?
You really are missing the point of what others are giving you as tips. Go to your local hobby shop (hopefully it has a decent selection) or your local club and ask a few folks that have the radio you are interested in if you could look over the radio and if they could show you the menu system. With that knowledge you can then buy the radio that YOU like the best. If you buy based on others preference, you may just end up spending money on something you find not that comfortable for your hands or style of racing... Not one of the radios you mentioned to start this post is of poor quality, each has its merits and possible downsides but that can only be determined by the individual using the radio.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

its jsut cause i use to have an jr xr3 n the quality was bad, it broke, so im lookin for high quality

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.