Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First test day was awful. For some reason the clutch was not engaging at all. I took it apart, installed it again and no change!!
I will have another look tonight and will try to solve the problem.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by mettuchi
First test day was awful. For some reason the clutch was not engaging at all. I took it apart, installed it again and no change!!

I am not trying to be mean but I would have checked that before going to the track.

Wish you better luck bro

I have tested my in my garage and everything is good. If I were you I would take the clutch apart and rebuild just to make sure you did everything fine. This is not your first Nitro or is it?

Once again better luck next time.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

US which price ?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aizenbelle
It is not my first nitro, but you are right i should have test it before going to track, but i didnt had time, i went to track straight from work and had this surprise. I have rebuilt it and i ll test it in a bit.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Aizenbelle
It is not my first nitro, but you are right i should have test it before going to track, but i didnt had time, i went to track straight from work and had this surprise. I have rebuilt it and i ll test it in a bit.
Good luck man Hey it is actually good that this happened because when someone else has this problem you will be able to help them
Old 07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Aizenbelle
Let me know how it goes. My car is hitting asphalt tomorrow!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, I raced the G4RS 2009 yesterday at my local club.

I know I had rather disapproving tone when I was building the kit, but after driving it on the track it changed my impressions quite a bit. The car was, how do I say it, much more stable at transitions, and plain simply had more grip. I was using the same tires that were on my G4RS 2008, and with just an addition of stiffer springs in the back, my best lap time dropped nearly .4 seconds . (Consider that this happened with a box stock setup, whereas I had a month of wrenching time on my G4RS 2008 to dial the car in for this track).

I didn't do well in the mains because one of my spool setcrews got stripped (WTF? ) and my car became a 3wd. But I think now I have an idea how capable the car is. Really looking forward to the trophy race next weekend...
Old 07-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Good to hear

Sorry about your spool grub screw issue ,i think this car will surprize alot of people can you give pics of the grub screw that strip.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Talking What a great day

I just got back from testing!!!

Today was a day to be remembered There are no words to explain how satisfied I am with my new ROCKET!!. I felt as like the car could drive itself. That is what I call a good R&D department. All I did to the car was use my blue TM springs from my G4+EVO, everything else is stock out of the box. I will be testing tomorrow with the spaniard champion adjustments and see how this goes.

Once again what a great day!! now time to start the BBQ!!!! and get ready for the fireworks
Old 07-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

hehe nice to hear that everything went well...
Old 07-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey,

I had the same problem on my shakedown test two days ago. In my case the clutch wasn't engaging because I neglected to cut the centrifugal shoe to 3 pieces before assembling them. At first I thought it was my clutch spring preload but the clutch wasn't engaging with the nut loosened almost all the way up so I decided to take it apart and found the mistake, lol.

The manual assumes that the builder knows about it and doesn't illustrate the process specifically. Hence me missing the step. Worth checking if nothing else solves the problem.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Tires n Gearing

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
I just got back from testing!!!

Today was a day to be remembered There are no words to explain how satisfied I am with my new ROCKET!!. I felt as like the car could drive itself. That is what I call a good R&D department. All I did to the car was use my blue TM springs from my G4+EVO, everything else is stock out of the box. I will be testing tomorrow with the spaniard champion adjustments and see how this goes.

Once again what a great day!! now time to start the BBQ!!!! and get ready for the fireworks
Hey what shore tires,an tire size did you test, also what body .
Old 07-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Hey what shore tires,an tire size did you test, also what body .
back again!!!

better by .2 today +.4 from yesterday for .6 from my best lap.
I am using East Civic EFRA2028 ,tires 35 front 37 rear
Old 07-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
Hey,

I had the same problem on my shakedown test two days ago. In my case the clutch wasn't engaging because I neglected to cut the centrifugal shoe to 3 pieces before assembling them. At first I thought it was my clutch spring preload but the clutch wasn't engaging with the nut loosened almost all the way up so I decided to take it apart and found the mistake, lol.

The manual assumes that the builder knows about it and doesn't illustrate the process specifically. Hence me missing the step. Worth checking if nothing else solves the problem.
You are correct that is what happened to mettuchi, I though he had told me that he had cut 504044 I was like NOOOOO . but the shoe 504042 needs to be cut before installing
Old 07-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Cool

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
back again!!!

better by .2 today +.4 from yesterday for .6 from my best lap.
I am using East Civic EFRA2028 ,tires 35 front 37 rear
The track ,how was the traction 35frt & 37rear wow thats soft.What size did you cut you tires down too.How does the Civic compare to the Stratus.Also thanks for all the R&D reports keep the coming guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.