Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

And who wants to buy my 705 with a billion bux worth of spares... I think ebay will be seeing quite a few 705:s soon...
Think I'll keep the spare tank though.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Lots of talk

Originally posted by Slotmachine
I ran serpent for years,I recently switched to mugen because I got tird of the poor fit serpent has.When it comes to universals I dont have any problems at all,they are more efficient than bones,less noisy and I think most serpent owners make those kind of statements because serpent does`nt offer uni`s.Being an x/serpent owner thats what I used to say.
This is just my 2/cents worth,dont take is personally.
Viva la dogbones !
Old 11-09-2003, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whats a poor fit to one man,is a tight fit to another..

I,for one,didn't mind the "massaging" needed for my Impulse and veteq........At least I ended up with a car with no play,rather than having to add shims.....

And I'll tell you something else..the cars stay slop free.....
Old 11-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

a few of us fom Md are going to make the trip to myers not sure how many yet
Old 11-09-2003, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 HEAVIER OR NOT HEAVIER?

Originally posted by CutePig
Come up,man! What is wrong with Taiwaness products? The newest version of MIT kits are really good enough now.(like TM G4;HN LD3;and the coming Hyper GP4...) Have you try them by your own fair hand? Or just listen somebody saying something bad? If Mugen didn't move their product-line to Taiwan,can you have so excellent quality and reasonable price kits?
No many people are so rich like you.
Hi CutePig, pls don't get it wrong. If you have a change to visit our homepage (my signature below), you will realize that we indeed selling Taiwannese R/C which is the G4... I tell you, out of the box (standard setting) performed much better that S705 (I did try them both with my own fair hand) but that doesn't mean s705 will be outrun by the G4 does it?

I do respect what you believe and I hope you could do the same..
Old 11-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy

710 in Dec, 710R,....... in the next 6 months ? 715 if that doesn't work ? will the serpent people still be making parts for my 705? I'm praying,.................
Old 11-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Serpent has always provided long term support for their "older" cars. It will be more dependant on the LHS if they will order parts. We still have parts for the Excel which stopped shipping in 96...

Julius
Old 11-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Julius, thanks for the assurance, by the way, how is the 710 compared to the 705 ?
Old 11-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I hope serpent finally makes the 710 to have a regualr reciever pack!!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

That would depend on your defenition of standard

I guess there are almost as many different packs as cars these days. Although I must admit ours is probably the most exotic.

We did not wish to compromise the centerline tank position, so we made a different battery shape.

I for one always redo the wiring of my receiver packs anyway. I never felt comfortable with relying on the spot welding of others. Guess it's like fuel. If you mix your own you know whats inside.

Julius
Old 11-09-2003, 11:47 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastharry

I,for one,didn't mind the "massaging" needed for my Impulse and veteq........At least I ended up with a car with no play,rather than having to add shims.....

That has truth to it
but,, what if the tight fit is not the same? I am talking about inconsistent tight fit
then thats no good!
Old 11-09-2003, 12:26 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastharry

That has truth to it
but,, what if the tight fit is not the same? I am talking about inconsistent tight fit
then thats no good!
Old 11-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by howardjones
Julius, thanks for the assurance, by the way, how is the 710 compared to the 705 ?
Easier.

One of our top priorities was to make a car that works from the box while still being highly tunable to personal preferemce. I think we did a great job in fulfilling that and many more of our wishes.

I'll spill all my feelings in an article after the full release.

Julius
Old 11-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Juius for your replies.Looking forword to the new car.I run the 705 out of the box not far from stock settings just diff springs and droop and some tuning to my driving style>I do how ever run 47/22 18/25side for a 21/2 over drive with same size tires and it works for me great I run a tight tech perm.track and the car handles great been out of rc for 4yrs and just got back in 2 months ago and the car has been an A main car for me just catching up on my driving.What ever Serpent puts out I know it will be a great car Ive run nothing but Serpents for onroad in the different classes and have had nothing but good things come from the car! I know several people here in the states that have already ordered the car and looking forword to a new reign in the nitro tc class!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

wondering if the diffs from 705 fit in the new 710?what bout the front sway bar mounts?rear sway bars?shock bodies?i sure am glad to see a new impulse,i love serpents an never quit runnin them,i got a side exhaust single speed when they first came out an always have had one since.i dont care wat anyone says serpents #1,an this new car is guaranteed to make all those new school guys who think serpent is old shut up.cant wait to get me a 710 for next season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.