Wiki Posts
Search

Mbx6 or Hotbodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default re

hara is good no matter what he drove you could give him a darn shoe box with motor and wheels and he would prob win
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

my guess: the best driver in the world helped them with setup/driving lines/one-off parts

where were they last worlds? (one hit wonder...)

are you saying Hara WOULDN'T have won in a mugen?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac
Yeah yeah yeah...
I used to be like you, blinded by brand.

Seriously...

The upgrade version is the better car, otherwise i wouldn't be an upgrade.
An upgrade version released, what, two months later.
Hopups, ok I realize the hopup potential in every car, its there...
But come on, two months later, an upgraded model?
What happened, the R&D dept. suddenly got a heresay, or perhaps the finance dept.

Take it easy people, the car works fine!
It's a great chassie!
Relax!
I even believe it's a better car than the D8.
I've run Mugen from MBX4 to the MBX6.

The upgrade version IS BETTER than the v1.0
The difference IS NOTICEABLE, you CAN FEEL IT!
Don't go mental on me, just because of the little sting you feel when thinking about the upgrade vs. the 1.0 you bought in a hurry
The LHS must love when you enter the door.

Do you really think you're getting beaten because of lightened outdrives??

casevac, i'm just wondering if you know how to work on car setup? Most of the mbx upgrades were stock setup changes, things that people are changing for their particular tracks. I don't think changing the included shock oil or springs makes it a better car.

But i digress. Back to the bench racing topic of the day.

Last edited by 071crazy; 04-02-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

I debated the same thing. I ended up getting the D8, mainly cause it was cheaper and I know a lot of ppl who run them. It's really easy to drive and is very forgiving. It does just about anything I ask it to. But they are both very capable buggys. It all comes down to preference. Also, I would consider which one is easier to get parts for in your area.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Also remember Hara's car is not what comes out of the box when you buy a D8. Not even close.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Actually add the new shock tower and the longer shocks and it is.....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by justindyer
Actually add the new shock tower and the longer shocks and it is.....
Don't forget the lightened chassis and light weight CVDS then it is EXACTLY like Haras.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just buying either and racing it will make you faster than all the bench racers
Old 04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah yeah yeah...
I used to be like you, blinded by brand.

Seriously...

The upgrade version is the better car, otherwise i wouldn't be an upgrade.
An upgrade version released, what, two months later.
Hopups, ok I realize the hopup potential in every car, its there...
But come on, two months later, an upgraded model?
What happened, the R&D dept. suddenly got a heresay, or perhaps the finance dept.

Take it easy people, the car works fine!
It's a great chassie!
Relax!
I even believe it's a better car than the D8.
I've run Mugen from MBX4 to the MBX6.

The upgrade version IS BETTER than the v1.0
The difference IS NOTICEABLE, you CAN FEEL IT!
Don't go mental on me, just because of the little sting you feel when thinking about the upgrade vs. the 1.0 you bought in a hurry
I hear what you are saying and I remember when the first Bazooka came out. I bought it straight away, then a couple of months later the v2 came out... I am 34 and have not yet lost my virginity but I am sure that experience will pale in significance to driving the Bazooka coupled with the Caster Grenade, it is when I first penned the phrase "explosive combination" which is quite famous around the world now!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sam-E
I hear what you are saying and I remember when the first Bazooka came out. I bought it straight away, then a couple of months later the v2 came out... I am 34 and have not yet lost my virginity but I am sure that experience will pale in significance to driving the Bazooka coupled with the Caster Grenade, it is when I first penned the phrase "explosive combination" which is quite famous around the world now!!!
.... And I'm sure that I'll be more than happy when I try out the Caster Grenade MK2 in either my MBX5R or the next chassis, most likely the 801X.

If it doesent suit me I'll probably come crawling back to the MBX6 (possibly a MBX6R, since I'm planning to buy the next car in May)
Old 04-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

If it doesent suit me I'll probably come crawling back to the MBX6 (possibly a MBX6R, since I'm planning to buy the next car in May)
Make sure that you don't buy the MBX6R right away. They might come out with a few updated parts a couple of months later.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Make sure that you don't buy the MBX6R right away. They might come out with a few updated parts a couple of months later.
Yup, probably.
But then the R will be an upgrade compared to the upgrade, and I'll be happy for a little while, till the MBX6R-upgrade is releaased a month later.

Upgrade parts shortly after release is one thing, upgrade models shortly after is IMO something else.

But the Mugen extremeists seem to have a hard time realizing that their #1 brand is milking them more than other brands do, with the 6.
Xray is predictable at least, you always know that it'll show up a 009 or 010 mod.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

maybe they are getting the Team Magic philosophy!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Yup, probably.
But then the R will be an upgrade compared to the upgrade, and I'll be happy for a little while, till the MBX6R-upgrade is releaased a month later.

Upgrade parts shortly after release is one thing, upgrade models shortly after is IMO something else.

But the Mugen extremeists seem to have a hard time realizing that their #1 brand is milking them more than other brands do, with the 6.
Xray is predictable at least, you always know that it'll show up a 009 or 010 mod.
So let's say xray comes out with an 009 car, and they realize a week later that a part needs to be upgraded... maybe it is brittle, maybe they found better geometry, whatever. Are you saying they should wait another year to release that part, just to be "predictable"?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

So let's say xray comes out with an 009 car, and they realize a week later that a part needs to be upgraded... maybe it is brittle, maybe they found better geometry, whatever. Are you saying they should wait another year to release that part, just to be "predictable"?
That scenario is less.... plausible...
I believe they'd continue with the kit, and probably offer the upgrade parts in a package.
Something like Associated did.
That's what I'd expect them to do.

Seems like you're not hearing me, I've answered the question in this thread, I reccomend the 6 rather than the D8.
You're tilting on my side comment regarding the fact that he should get the upgrade model if he chooses the MBX6.
Do you dissagree? should he just as well choose the v1.0 rather than the upgrade?
My opinion regarding Mugen policy to earn extra bucks could be a matter to disregard.
Lemmings - be careful not to explode due to my respond.

RELAX!

Last edited by casevac; 04-03-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.