Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Approval which type Brushless motor ?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Wow ...........its true you are a dick ...
Hahaha, sorry man, I couldn't resist. I'm hardly ever a dick anymore, but that one slipped out. I'd drop names too if I were friends with a popular pro.

Anyway, I understand why you guys that go to big races are wary about brushless. I think I did read somewhere that you said you're going to quit when brushless takes over. That's kind of weak, don't quit over something like that, all its going to do is make things a little easier, racing isn't going to change.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
Im sure they will take volunteers if you want (and you qualify). You do know these aren't paid positions right and these people have other jobs?
I thought Novak paid them?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scrubb
Todays racers don't want rules that make them run old stuff, they want rules so they can use new stuff.

Rules are supposed to make racing fair for everybody, thats it.

AMEN!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T. Thomas

Take a look at the Brushless systems, first you had the Novakss, then the Sphere, the GTB and now you have the Sphere comp, the GTB 4cell, and spread spektrum(which is suppose to be even better then the regular GTB. In order to keep up if you followed the evolution, you would have had to buy how many controllers just to maintain speed? Then look at the motors, same thing can be said, you baught a 5.5(fastest when first introduced), then the 4.5, now the 3.5, and yet now you have to buy the sentered rotor to keep from thermaling and keeping up. Next there will be yet an even faster system that you must get to keep up because these systems will not be fast enough.

The problem is not ROAR, it is all the racers who want to create a new class to meet what THEY want to run instead of them getting what fits within the rules that already exist.

Lipo is no different, the first cells produced are not even talked about anymore, and every month or two, a new company comes out with a new cell that performs better than the rest on the market. The improvements to Lipo is so fast right now, that the cells baught today will be similar to a 1200 nicad in comparison within a year or so. DO you want to be the one who baught the best of today and was told it will last for years, just to have it become a worthless battery that can not compete with when a better version comes out?
This exact same argument can be made against BRUSH MOTORS, ESC's and NiMH cells.

They will always come out with newer products that make you faster. So why buy the latest and greatest NiMH when I could buy the newest and greatest Lipo?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

There really isn't anything wrong with ROAR and its rules right now. Todays racer just is not intrested in being confined by rules. So really, it dosen't matter if RC Pro series or any other series becomes more popular right now, because it will have the same shortcommings as ROAR does, rules.

Why buy the latest, greatest Lipo when you can buy the latest, greatest lithium-maganese? - and then complain that its not legal
Old 04-11-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Same old complaints.Don't like to following the rules.Then when you go to the races what rules do they follow?Roar is the overall guideline. Your local clubs and tracks have rules.When you drive to your favorite track did you follow the driving rules to get there? Rules are everywhere that's life.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spoook
I thought Novak paid them?
You thought Novak paid ROAR officials??
Old 04-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Guys,

I recently participated in the Roar Carpet Nats and the race was run flawlessly! It was great to see motors being torn down during qualifying and people not being allowed through tech until the cars were exactly 100% compliant. I wish all big races could be run like this because I know for a fact that people are flat out cheating in stock and 19t (Cleveland, Snowbirds, Vegas, ect.)

It was a good fealing to know that everyone was on a level playing field at the 07 Roar Carpet Nats!

Congrats ROAR!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

thats great to hear that everything went smoothly, alway makes for a good time.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
The problem is not ROAR, it is all the racers who want to create a new class to meet what THEY want to run instead of them getting what fits within the rules that already exist.
best quote every...spot on
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
You thought Novak paid ROAR officials??
It was a joke!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by march to my own
Guys,

I recently participated in the Roar Carpet Nats and the race was run flawlessly! It was great to see motors being torn down during qualifying and people not being allowed through tech until the cars were exactly 100% compliant. I wish all big races could be run like this because I know for a fact that people are flat out cheating in stock and 19t (Cleveland, Snowbirds, Vegas, ect.)

It was a good fealing to know that everyone was on a level playing field at the 07 Roar Carpet Nats!

Congrats ROAR!
Please !!!!

Don`t go around and use that race as proof Roar did it all good ...

The race facility that hosted that event deserves all of the good comments for doing a great Job, not Roar !

After all when thing`s go bad , Roar has always blame hosting facility for the problem`s in the past ...

Give the good credit to the ones who earn it please....
Old 04-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Please !!!!

Don`t go around and use that race as proof Roar did it all good ...

The race facility that hosted that event deserves all of the good comments for doing a great Job, not Roar !

After all when thing`s go bad , Roar has always blame hosting facility for the problem`s in the past ...

Give the good credit to the ones who earn it please....
Actually everything he mentioned was the result of ROAR and the RMT. Josh Cyrul also maintained and provided an awesome facility. Combined, the result was one of the best ROAR Nationals in a very long time.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
It Tq's and wins against all the others..
Who was there? Your probably the ONLY guy on the track at the time , anyway you have fun on the rug..

The only races that matter are the RROC and the Roar Nats cause rubber tires on carpet are for fags, Truth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.