Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V One RRR Shimo Vs XRay NT1 2009 Spec

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default Kyosho V One RRR Shimo Vs XRay NT1 2009 Spec

So little background bought my first nitro car HPI Rs4 3 Evo love it took it apart to bear chassis. Decided to sell a couple of rare items around the house to justify buying one of these two kits. This kit will mainly be used for parking lot racing with friends any will eventually find a racetrack around my way. So which one to get Thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IMHO both cars are champs. I would say make the decission based on parts availibility at you local hobby shop or on-line store as well as what others may be running that way you can share set up information.

My .02
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DK9mm
IMHO both cars are champs. I would say make the decission based on parts availibility at you local hobby shop or on-line store as well as what others may be running that way you can share set up information.

My .02
yes...i very much agree
Old 04-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DK9mm

My .02
I have read somewhere that the Kyosho kit is more durable that it would last better on streets. Of course I cant find the article anywhere. With your opinion if I were to get one or the other kit what else would I need to upgrade if anything.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
I have read somewhere that the Kyosho kit is more durable that it would last better on streets. Of course I cant find the article anywhere. With your opinion if I were to get one or the other kit what else would I need to upgrade if anything.
the RRR has been well known for durability for years and the shimo is only a slight variant to what we have been running forever. I only had one of the very first NT1's and was quite unhappy with the quality of the steel but the plastics seemed ok and I'm sure they've resolved those issues by now.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

No contest, NT1 everytime. Still have my original chassis from 2007, added a few up grades but still basically the original car.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

No contest, RRR everytime. Ran my original car for 3 years and finally built a new Shimo car.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
No contest, RRR everytime. Ran my original car for 3 years and finally built a new Shimo car.
I agree.....been racing from first model RRR.....durability is top notch.....
Old 04-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool RRR vs. NT1

To get the parts from xray aka RCAmerica or Kyosho can be difficult for either cars as I own both. The parts for my evo .2 are more forgiving when colliding into whatever at full speed. (I have had a true taste in the field) And you also get a 2:1 ratio for parts Kyosho:Xray when it comes to suspension arms. Although I will say the kit building experience for the nt1 is better than kyosho. kyosho is made for those that have some rc kit building experience. as you may have to modify things at times to make parts fit. All in all I love my RRR and still have the original V ONE R on my work bench.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So little background bought my first nitro car HPI Rs4 3 Evo love it took it apart to bear chassis. Decided to sell a couple of rare items around the house to justify buying one of these two kits. This kit will mainly be used for parking lot racing with friends any will eventually find a racetrack around my way. So which one to get Thanks in advance
Though I have not owned either of these kits, I have recieved much feedback on both models since my local tracks have a number of guys running both. I did run the original Kyosho V1R (circa 2000),,,,,,,,,,,,,,great car and the updated versions since then just got even better. Parts availibility may be the primary overriding factor in your purchase. I really cannot see purchasing either as a mistake, it's about a 50/50 decision. Xray does however have a history of constantly putting out new kits about every 6 months, so if you are the type of guy who wants the "latest and greatest", whatever XRAY version you get won't be the newest version for long.

Keep in mind, these models are designed to be run on "prepared" surfaces for best performance. The drivetrains are not enclosed and can be easily fouled by pebbles, rocks, dirt, cigarette butts, and anything else that may be in a parking lot. Items like belts are especially vunerable and are considered "wear items".

Purchase wisely.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

What r some sites for hopups for these cars leaning towards the kyosho
Old 04-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

If you are getting the Shimo RRR or RRR evo2 WC you don't need any hop up for it. Anyway some after market company like KM Racing, Capricorn, Atomic, CSO and etc do make some hop up parts for it.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

www.ybslowinc.com and Kyosho themself make great hopups for the car
Old 04-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would get the ti pillow balls, and the alu mid shaft mount other than that the car is rock soild!!!!! You don't need those hopups but I am funny I can't drive a stock car.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

It depends where you are when it comes to looking for kyosho parts, i have an FW-06 and a subaru Drx both by Kyosho. My DRX got ran over a few days ago and i all ready have all the parts to re-build it.

But then again My new fav hobby shop deals with mostly Kyosho here in S. Korea. If anybody needs kyosho parts i can get them shipped to you, im not looking to make a profit everybody will pay what i pay im just looking to get very active in this hobby.